12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine this morning. It was actually delivered either pre-7am (which is unlikely) or after 7pm (which is odd) but it was sitting on the porch in the freezing cold, which may attribute to the fact that I'm not having many loose-joint problems with him.

I've had my issues with SS lately, and this figure certainly isn't perfect, but I'm honestly blown away by him. No pics or reviews on the forums really do this guy justice.

They've had their share of stinkers lately, but my hat goes off to SS on this one.

I LOVE THIS FIGURE!

I don't have Indy so I haven't tried this, but as an idea to stop the floppy head/neck has anyone tried covering the ball in either plumbers sealent tape (that ultra thin rubber tape used on srew couplings in water pipes) or even a small section of a condom wrapped over the ball before snapping on, might give just the right amount of grip to rectify the situation.

I don't have Indy so I haven't tried this, but as an idea to stop the floppy head/neck has anyone tried covering the ball in either plumbers sealent tape (that ultra thin rubber tape used on srew couplings in water pipes) or even a small section of a condom wrapped over the ball before snapping on, might give just the right amount of grip to rectify the situation.

PTFE tape? Could be worth a try.
I've used the fingertip of a nitrile disposable glove to tighten up loose ball-joints before.

Cheers,
Doug

I usually use packing saran wrap to tighten up ball joints...its I got a whole bunch left over from moving...you can get them from places like budget or those moving truck companies. They are stretchy enough to conform to the joints.

Just received my figure yesterday and am very happy with it.
Here he is boxing up the ark. The box is unfinished (that is why there is a rubber band holding it together) and i want to to the same to the other side with the logo but burn it like it was on the boat.

Last edited:
I have put off commenting on this figure until I had it in hand. Overall, the figure is nice but not spectacular. My entire body with the exception of the knees is as loose as a rag doll. I have already ordered a HT TT replacement body for him. My shirt is also all frayed and and shirt cut on mine seems really large and unsightly. I am replacing the shirt with the relic hunter shirt. The buttons however look great and are in good scale. The color on mine appears too white, which isn't a big deal since it is easily dyed. The jacket looks decent but not great. Much better than the photos make it look but it still looks like a doll jacket. The pants on mine look great as do the boots. The gloved hands look worse in person than the photos but that doesn't bother me since I won't be posing him with those hands anyway. The accessories are all top notch. The gun looks amazingly accurate in perfect scale. The leather goods are typical SS. They all look good but they don't have that "I am gonna last a long time" look or feel. The best part is the head sculpt. Very impressive and it is just as good as anything HT has done. However, the paint apps, while good by SS standards, aren't up to HT quality. I may end up sending my head off to the repainted. Another glaring issue with the body is the narrow shoulders, which in my opinion make Indiana look as though he has a mellon head. Hopefully, this will be fixed with the addition of the HT TT body. I just worry about how the clothes will look on him once I transfer the body. Overall, I think SS has nice figure on their hands. Not Gandalf great but much better than many of the other figures being offered out there for sale. It is the best Indy ever offered by a massed produced company. That is until Takara comes out with theirs....:lol:lol I owed the Toys McCoy Indy and although there are many things I preferred about that figure, the SS figure overall is the better figure and better value.

Got mine today and my first impressions right out of the box were A) the paint looks way better in person, no patented Sideshow thousand yard stare that he appeared to have in pics and B) that jacket is damn nice! I was one of the loudest complainers about the jacket when the first proto pics were shown, but Sideshow definitely made the right call on the material. It looks and feels great.

The body has the same floppiness issues that have already been covered. The ankle joints are terrible, I don't know why they didn't go with the double ball-jointed design of the True Type and BBI G3.5. Still, tons better than the Buck.

Great piece overall. Not quite HT quality, but they're getting there.

I finally called SS today because my Ex. never shipped after it was processed 2 weeks ago. I was so caught up with the Indy PF that I didn't notice how long it had been. Appearantly it was some sort of over sight, so they are going to ship it right away.

I finally called SS today because my Ex. never shipped after it was processed 2 weeks ago. I was so caught up with the Indy PF that I didn't notice how long it had been. Appearantly it was some sort of over sight, so they are going to ship it right away.

Wow -- dharper, you usually get these things first! Seems I always see you posting pics first anyway.

But glad to know he's on his way to you soon.

You know whats kinda funny? That he comes with a gun, thats a mistake in the film.

The only time you see the other pistol, is in the Bar scene, and it switches back and forth through each take. Kinda silly. I like the gun though.

You know whats kinda funny? That he comes with a gun, thats a mistake in the film.

The only time you see the other pistol, is in the Bar scene, and it switches back and forth through each take. Kinda silly. I like the gun though.

You actually see it again very briefly in the scene with Indy and Marion on Katanga's boat. I never noticed that it switched back and forth in the bar scene, I'll have to watch for that next time.

Thanks. You actually see him holster the revolver at one point and then he has the .45 for the rest of the scene (had it in his jacket maybe? :huh), but it's definitely flip-flopping before that. Everything's happening so fast in that scene, I don't think I ever would've noticed it. Maybe that's what the editor was counting on. :gun

I got mine today as well, and also have a pretty floppy one. I do love the sculpt, though. Absolutely the best Harrison Ford likeness they've produced. I've avoided all of the Han Solos so far 'cause I just don't see Ford there. Indy's great, though.

Plus, the 5 o'clock shadow looks pretty good in person -- better than most photos I've seen. The only really sucky thing is that my box was missing his satchel, so I just emailed Customer Service to see if they can ship me one.

Back