12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recevied my Indy fig today - sculpt is great, clothing is great - paint apps are just ok....

Body has serious issues - my joints actually came apart on me at the wrist and forearm!

Serious question. Even with all of its issues would it have been better to stick Indy on a Buck or is the problematic Prometheus still better than that?

Serious question. Even with all of its issues would it have been better to stick Indy on a Buck or is the problematic Prometheus still better than that?

It's better then that. The body is well put together. It feels solid and there are hardly any seams where the two halves of something like the front and back of the torso are put together. I had to actually look hard, up close to see the joint on the wrists to know which direction I should bend the wrist ball joints, they're that well hidden. There's no flash or burrs on the plastic.
The construction feels like a solid Hot Toys True Type, just not the same accurate proportions or tight leg articulation a True Type has.

The joints on the arms, torso, wrists, and ankles are all tight.
I actually had to force the arm joints lose on mine. It's just the lower neck, hips (and the knees to a slightly lesser degree) that were all lose on mine.

Question about the Pro body.

The elbow looks like it should rotate at the upper arm and the forearm. My forearms bend but not the upper arm side, i was just curious if anyone knew if the upper arm part should bend or not before I try to unstick it if it's stuck.

Question about the Pro body.

The elbow looks like it should rotate at the upper arm and the forearm. My forearms bend but not the upper arm side, i was just curious if anyone knew if the upper arm part should bend or not before I try to unstick it if it's stuck.

It's almost just like a true type, there are double joint elbows, and twist joints at the upper arm near the elbow (the joint on a true type would be near the shoulder) and at the wrists.
I only had to unstick the upper bend joint on the double joint elbows.
Here's a pic of the pro body:
021408_newbody01.jpg

Ok, well it looks made that way, but since I lucked out and got a tight jointed body, I didn't want to risk breaking it to loosedn a joint that's not meant to be.

just got my pieces from Toy Anxiety and I have to say I like it with the Relic Hunter pieces on it. Although my biggest complaint is the wobbily neck syndrome, I tried to push it in further and then take it off and reattach and nothing....really bugging me.

I got some loose pieces from Toy Anxiety as well and was able to update my original custom Indy with them and elevate my custom to a higher level. The particular pieces obtained were the jacket, pants, satchel bag and stand.

I kept the Dragon/DML body that I originally used and all fit fine.

found a perfect, easy fix for FNS ( floppy neck syndrome)
Remove the neck from the head and the body. Get a hot toys neck adapter that is the same as the sideshow one. take the hot toys neck and test it on the indy body with the head. it should be a tighter fit than the sideshow one. this is becuase the rubber connector in the hot toys piece fits the ball in the neck socket tighter. take the hot toys neck, as long as it fits indy tightly enough, and boil some water. drop indy's neck, and the hots toys neck into the boiling water. remove the rubber adapters, and swap them. problem solved .
for some odd reasaon the rubber gripper part of the sideshow one simply is not small enough. go figure.

A simpler solution would be to put a thin layer of super glue on the ball joint and let it dry.

Had the same issue. Unfortunately, all that does is encourage the ring inside the neck to stretch even more. I wound up going the TrueType method, swapping out the foot pegs with TT's foot pegs and chopping the pegs on the Pro hands to fit. Best of both worlds. A tight jointed TT body and Sideshow's head, clothes, boots and hands. Easy $15 permanent fix.:D

I just got my shipping notice for Indy. Could have sworn I canceled him.

Oh well... Christmas is coming early.

Just got mine. Haven't had much time to futz with him yet, but I really dig it. Will let you all know what I think once I get some time with the figure.

I just got my Indy today. His head is a little loose, as are his legs, but he has still become my new, favorite toy. Having grown up watching Raiders on the Betamax, I have a special childhood collection to this fella, and he really does the character justice.

Back