12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8605.jpg

Josh, it might be time for us to start an image thread...

I would do it but I think we all owe Irish the honors...

im so nervous that somehow things might be bad, that something ruins the figure, but he is looking great.

Not much originality on Sideshow's part with the packaging. Looks exactly like the Star Wars ones. :confused: I like those, and keep all of the ones I have for my 12" figures. But I was hoping for a different look to the Indy box. Oh well. :rolleyes:

No sign of the Belloq on the back of the box is not a good sign at all. I assume we'll still get Belloq. I really hoped Sideshow would have done Marion after Indy. I always wanted the set of them.

I'm still getting the exclusive Indy from Sideshow. Kathy with Sideshow told me on the phone Friday that they expect them in their warehouse by next week! :gun :whip :D

Not much originality on Sideshow's part with the packaging. Looks exactly like the Star Wars ones. :confused: I like those, and keep all of the ones I have for my 12" figures. But I was hoping for a different look to the Indy box. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Well, much as I agree, that's the result of both properties being at the hands of Lucasfilm. Star Wars packaging was more interesting before the packaging jackasses at LFL started to make everyone's box are look the same. All of the high end Indy pieces (Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya, Sideshow) are using the same packaging style just like the Star Wars 30th Anniversary box art. LFL sucks in this department. If left to their own designs, Sideshow would have come up with something along the lines of LOTR packaging for Indy I'm sure.

Right given the time SS has shown they can be pretty creative like the LOTR or The Dead. LFL is pretty dull and boring when it comes to these types of things.

Even Star Wars was cool before LFL stepped in with mandates. The 2006 figures had cool, artsy packaging.

Indy's just really bad though, that red-brown is just an eye sore.

The box designs match the Hasbro toy Indy merchandise...perhaps it was a Lucas request that the figure box falls in line with it or Sideshow decided to follow that "look".

All current INDY merchandise has the same bland, boring, unimaginative packaging. Even the Premium Format Figure's box will suffer this same fate. :rolleyes:

I, uhm, don't display the boxes. They're in the basement--stacked (and one day closer to being tossed). I could care less on the outer package-- like Christmas morning, nice wrapping paper--what's inside?:joy

That's not the point.

Ya, I don't keep any boxes after I owned more than 10 1/6 figures :lol, but it's always nice to have it arrive and see this cool, wonderfully compiled package art that amazing work and all went into. As you said, the new LFL templates for SW and Indy get old really quick and aren't very imaginitive. I imagine with Star Wars, the marketing folks at Sideshow are probably sick of looking at the black and grey background.

Back