12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good, order placed, but the EX items could have been better.

If the ex had been more high profile, like the medallion for example, wouldn't you feel like such an important piece should be part of the regular figure?

The ex isn't exciting in of itself, no. But the moment it represents is the first time we see how clever Dr. Jones is. It (like every inch of celluloid in the film) is an iconic moment. I'll bet there's a little crevice in the torch to stick the arrow in.

What would you have preferred?

Not to derail, but what are the odds of us getting a horse to go with bad boy down the road. I would love to see that!

The lack of the Staff of Ra Medallion can mean only one thing.... Indy as Cairo Digger is coming!!! :rock (Well, either that or they'll include it with Marion :monkey3 )

Not to derail, but what are the odds of us getting a horse to go with bad boy down the road. I would love to see that!

My bet is on an Ark expansion pack. Ark, bazooka, and drop cloth to cover the ark. Maybe also a crate to put it in with a burned Nazi symbol on it. $60.

The lack of the Staff of Ra Medallion can mean only one thing.... Indy as Cairo Digger is coming!!! :rock (Well, either that or they'll include it with Marion :monkey3 )

I could also see including it with Toht. OR, if not, maybe an exclusive hand with the medallion stuck in it, searing his flesh.

Man, Toht could come with a lot of cool accessories, too! Hanger, anyone?

I love, ordered one Ex. and Reg. I want one jacketless like the when he was in Cairo. I think all the accessories really push it it over the top. The crates would've been cool and for a moment I really thought they were included, but I'm hoping to see an environment or additional set with crates, etc. and of course the Ark. It's taken So long to getIndy figures back on the shelf. I'm thinking the wait was worth it!

I could also see including it with Toht. OR, if not, maybe an exclusive hand with the medallion stuck in it, searing his flesh.

Man, Toht could come with a lot of cool accessories, too! Hanger, anyone?

Toht would absolutely have to come with the "torture" hanger! :lol

My bet is on an Ark expansion pack. Ark, bazooka, and drop cloth to cover the ark. Maybe also a crate to put it in with a burned Nazi symbol on it. $60.

Yeah! I forgot about expansion packs! I figured the Ark would have to be a polystone statue but an exapansion pack is way better.

Yeah! I forgot about expansion packs! I figured the Ark would have to be a polystone statue but an exapansion pack is way better.

I don't think Polystone is a good idea, if you want it to open up (and I do). The sides would be too thin, and the detailing on the top would break sooo easily. ABS plastic is the way to go.

I don't think Polystone is a good idea, if you want it to open up (and I do). The sides would be too thin, and the detailing on the top would break sooo easily. ABS plastic is the way to go.

Exactly. Also, ABS will allow for vacu-metalized paint... which is essential. (That's what Hasbro did for theirs and gives it that actual gold shine).

Speaking of exlusives, who owned the little nazi monkey? That would be pretty good excluisve. What else could the exclusives be for this line?

Monkey
Dates
Staff
Hanger

There, I preordered a 12" figure. :google

This thing is great. And Trevor's sculpt is great, as we saw. The paintjob needs a bit more work, to do justice to that face. But that's a small nitpick -- this is a great, great Indy doll. Love it!

:chew

I've put the horse idea to Sideshow on more than a few occasions, along with numerous others. They really couldn't go wrong with a nicely articulated horse figure. There are some older lines that would still benefit from it, too, not to mention the LOTR and now Indy lines.

That would be another dream come true and it may happen someday, but in the meantime Dragon and DiD make 1/6 scale horse figures that would do quite nicely. Unfortunately, neither of them has made an Arabian yet, like Indy rode in Raiders. The only one I know of was made by Toys McCoy and they're pretty hard to come by I recon.

Back