12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are two shots I posted in the other thread of my Indy on the TT 38 body.

These are more or less test shots..

SS_Indy_TT_2-2.jpg

SS_Indy_TT_2-1.jpg

After having this figure for over a month now, I have to say, the Prometheus body is garbage. I've nicknamed this figure "Mr. Floppy" since he can't hold pose other than standing upright. Lots of people have said to put on a Hot Toys body, but for $90, it's body should have been better.

Now, Trevor, your sculpt is the best Harrison Ford I've ever seen and that is the only reason I haven't just put it up on eBay.

This figure was a huge disappointment.

I'm not familiar with HT's figures but am very intrigued. Is everything transferable? Hands, head, and feet or Boots? I know Indy's feet are sculpted boots so hopefully all are transferable.

DK- I totally agree with you that this figure is a huge disappointment. It also saddens me that SS still released this figure knowing that the body was loose. They had a meeting regarding this very matter weeks before Indy's release and still allowed it to go out. AmericanGreed is not just a tv series but sadly is the new era.

I'm not familiar with HT's figures but am very intrigued. Is everything transferable? Hands, head, and feet or Boots? I know Indy's feet are sculpted boots so hopefully all are transferable.

Mostly, the hands are the main issue, if you have NO intention of ever re-instating the prometheus as the base, you can trim the knub at the arm end of the wrist peg, then the wrist will fit the Truetype perfectly.
I also found that the Sideshow Jacket is a little snug aroung the shoulders, but not unnacceptably so.

Ahem Ape, I know you're on and I know we'd all LOVE to know how you KNOW that SS had a meeting about the Indy figure. Care to enlighten us?

Ahem Ape, I know you're on and I know we'd all LOVE to know how you KNOW that SS had a meeting about the Indy figure. Care to enlighten us?

Maybe he's gun shy? :gun Although I don't see how anyone would make a post like that without offering evidence and not expect others to question it's validity. :huh

Yeah, pretty curious about this myself. My Indy figure seems fine overall so I'm not disappointed as some are, but I want to hear about this meeting. You can't tease with info like that.

The head is the worst thing on mine, flop-tacular. Won't stand in any action pose for more than a few minutes. Also, I'm having a ^^^^^ of a time trying to button up the holster. It does NOT want to work. Is there a secret I'm missing?

DK- I totally agree with you that this figure is a huge disappointment. It also saddens me that SS still released this figure knowing that the body was loose. They had a meeting regarding this very matter weeks before Indy's release and still allowed it to go out. AmericanGreed is not just a tv series but sadly is the new era.

Think we'll ever get a response? Or is this yet another Sideshow basher talking out his ---> (_!_) :huh

Think we'll ever get a response? Or is this yet another Sideshow basher talking out his ---> (_!_) :huh

Im pretty sure we aren't going to hear anything again which is angering because Im fairly sure they DIDN'T have a meeting unless it was MONTHS before the release not weeks. Weeks would denote when it was on the boat to the US from China, or while it was being manufactured. Either way, I don't think SS would wait until the product is DONE to talk delays because of the body. If Great Ape wants to clear this up though, let him speak, otherwise Im calling "shenanigans!"

Ok, so let's see if I got this right.
I can get a True Type and use Prometheus feet, but I can't get a Prometheus and use True Type feet...

Thanks!

haha so while this is bumped... Anyone notice Great Ape NEVER backed up his statement about SS having meetings about Indy after the product would have been packed up and on its way to them?

Back