1/6 Star Ace - Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire - Harry Potter (Tri-Wizard Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it didn't take long for those nice sub-$200 prices to jump. I know... 2 better than before accessories with a light-up stand, but still. I hope it's not a sign of them following suit with the out of control price jumps of other companies

I'm gonna be interested to see if they price gouge Hermione just because its been the figure everyones been waiting on. When she should be no more then the other kids. And yeah this price doesn't make sense stacked up against Voldemort, both Sirius' and Moody. Add in $20 shipping and this is $250

Sorry still think they are missing the Harry sculpts, it getting to be like Harrison Ford.....this is the closest sculpt yet, but still not quite right. Something about the eyes and brow.

Now that Hermione sculpt! Woah!

It's as if the realism isn't in these other sculpts, in comparison to the Hermione. It looks like they've added the gloss eyes to these as well? I'm hoping that's true, but hard to say in these type of pics.

I'm not sure what a $20 difference would make when buying these. If $20 breaks you, you really have no business in the first place collecting these. I mean, we all are upset at certain prices, I still am with the Jawas, but from a smaller company like Star Ace, putting out excellent figures, some that rival Hot Toys for me, at $220, with all others below that, its a great deal and one that I will never complain about. I will happily be buying these. I already have Harry on order, gonna hunt down Ron, Voldemort is being bought in the next few days, Azkaban Sirius is on Pre Order, and am now waiting for Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Quidditch Harry to go up for Pre Order. And of course this is on PO.

Personally speaking, $20 doesn't break me but I'm sure it does affect people who are on a tighter budget, especially when purchasing multiple figures. For me it's the principle more than anything else. The price hikes are an extremity unattractive aspect of this hobby to me and we got where we are little by little; $5, $10 & $20 at a time. It's not the $20, it's the trend that gets under my skin. And it's that exact "what's another $20" that got us here

Personally speaking, $20 doesn't break me but I'm sure it does affect people who are on a tighter budget, especially when purchasing multiple figures. For me it's the principle more than anything else. The price hikes are an extremity unattractive aspect of this hobby to me and we got where we are little by little; $5, $10 & $20 at a time. It's not the $20, it's the trend that gets under my skin. And it's that exact "what's another $20" that got us here

Dead on, Mike, especially the bit about multiple figures. I did say I wanted to complete as much of this line as possible - and an extra $20 per figure over time could add up to a lot of money that I could be spending on getting other figures or real life stuff.

I agree with this, I also debate value/worth when I look at a figure as well. To me this Harry is well worth the $220.

They're running a business guys, as costly as it can be as customers and as much as we may not agree with it on "principle" they are also building a brand, of course they want to make more money, like anyone with a brain selling a product.

It sucks, but they don't do this just for the fun of it, they don't slave away at desks painting and cutting for months on end so fanboys can have a good time and them only making slight profit so fanboys can be happy lol.

I'm not sure what a $20 difference would make when buying these. If $20 breaks you, you really have no business in the first place collecting these. I mean, we all are upset at certain prices, I still am with the Jawas, but from a smaller company like Star Ace, putting out excellent figures, some that rival Hot Toys for me, at $220, with all others below that, its a great deal and one that I will never complain about. I will happily be buying these. I already have Harry on order, gonna hunt down Ron, Voldemort is being bought in the next few days, Azkaban Sirius is on Pre Order, and am now waiting for Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Quidditch Harry to go up for Pre Order. And of course this is on PO.
How big is your house? LOL where do you keep all of them? Assuming you collect more than just HP figures!

Its interesting, when SS Harry was announced, I was all, "oh, wow...someone got the 1/6 HP license! That's really great, Star Ace, hmmm? Well, I wish them well, nice costume, likeness not bad at all, I hope they have success with this, I wonder what the next release will be...."

When the first pic went up of Goblet Harry, I was, "get out of my way, must locate PO button!!"

Star Ace is doing excellent work. I am highly satisfied with their figures. More so than SSC at the moment. I was not thrilled to have the same Sirius Black sculpt on the POA figure, so I skipped it. Getting the others though.

Star Ace is doing excellent work. I am highly satisfied with their figures. More so than SSC at the moment. I was not thrilled to have the same Sirius Black sculpt on the POA figure, so I skipped it. Getting the others though.

I'm not so sure that's the same sculpt. Looks more like oldman in the poa version.

Ya! 100% Harry Potter header. Woo! It's cool, but I'm mostly happy to just have 0% Marvel up there honestly. ;)

Back