1/6 Star Ace - Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire - Harry Potter (Tri-Wizard Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, to me, it's just the lighting. And even if it's not, I think the sculpt looks great, and at worst, the paint is a little flat. Definitely good enough for me.

The nose is too big, and the face is too long compared to Dan Radcliffe in the movie. They also made him look older than in the movie.

T-Shirt-Harry-Potter-Coupe-de-3-Sorciers.jpg

The sculpt looks like Peter Wingfield (Methos) from the Highlander TV show.

peter_wingfield.jpg

potter-triwizaed-star-ace-review-020.png

There are more things wrong with that photo than I can count. I'd say definitely withold judgement on this one until you see some shots by a photographer you're familiar with and trust. The lens distortion is obvious to my eye in the shots accompanying this review among other things. That could just be my perception, of course, but I'm going to wait and see. I must admit, though, my finger was hovering over the cancel button when I was first looking at this review.

The nose... I'm really hoping that it looks huge because of the bad lighting and the camera distorting it. Other wise I'll think about really keeping the figure for a few days and if not return it to Sideshow. Glad these figures come in actual boxes and not just the shippers.

If the huge schnoz isn't just a trick of the light and lens Voldemort's going to be really lonely in his box for a long time...

View attachment 200365View attachment 200366

You know what, it does look really accurate. It looks like they used that first image for reference.

The mouth and hair should be tweaked though. The hair looks too neat, and helmety. The skin tone is off too.

EDIT: I keep coming in here, hoping for more news! I think I'm for sure getting this. I can't stop thinking about it. I guess it's time for a series rewatch, and then a reread, followed by another rewatch!

The proto looked just fine.

The sculpt looks better in that single pic than in any of the pictures from the review.

I hope this does ship this month. I'd love to get this before my birthday next month.

He looks excellent in that new photo, although he does seem to be much paler than the prototype.

I thought that the prototype looked tanner than Radcliffe ever did in any of the movies. If he's a bit paler in hand I wouldn't mind.

Had to make a quick call on this figure as billing begins tomorrow. Decided to let it go.

The production sculpt just seems a little soft to me based on the MC review.

Also, getting this figure basically means committing to this line, and I'm just not ready to do that yet. The Harris Dumbledore is apparently in refit/retool mode, so not sure what we'll get, and pricing seem to be going up everywhere. I've also made the call be be pretty much "all in" on the HT ANH Star Wars figures (and a few TFA pieces as well), and at some point I need to try to be at least a little responsible with the discretionary purchases.

Hoping the the in hand shots will convince me to jump on board down the line, but (unfortunately) choices sometimes need to be made...

Back