1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... which is it?
I explained it doesn't need a resistor in my second post when I realised it takes two 1.5V batteries.

Wor:

Read Book Club GIF

Not bad. Not much to add than what had been said here before. Had a few anticipated QC issues. I ultimately paid a little more than I wanted to for this because I had FOMO and went with Ekia hobbies despite my existing PO overseas. I like the sculpts in person much more than in photos. Honestly the bearded sculpt would be much improved with some repainted eyes. Matt looks less like himself with a beard in real life anyways. With Starfield having launched this weekend it was a fitting arrival.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_174026_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_174026_Gallery.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 0
The pics of this have been phenomenal, what a great looking spaceman. Picked this up and really excited about getting it.

Makes me really wish some company would do figures from Prospect, which I highly recommend for fans of old school practical sci fi work.

Managed to grab one last minute lol.
But the joy was spoiled by 2 things.
The led cord from the back chest armor is totally screwed (the 2 pins that inserts in the helmet detached from the cable, maybe resoldering them would work).
I just noticed my front chest armor is missing an insignia...
Annoying...

Overall it's a cool figure, would have preference all the suit be fabric without the rubbery parts. I have swapped the body for a slim hot toys one with a fat suit, better proportion and fills the suit better (even if he gets skinnier lol). I will orange elastic strips for the elbow pads and forearm computer too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_121134.jpg
    IMG_20230920_121134.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Managed to grab one last minute lol.
But the joy was spoiled by 2 things.
The led cord from the back chest armor is totally screwed (the 2 pins that inserts in the helmet detached from the cable, maybe resoldering them would work).
I just noticed my front chest armor is missing an insignia...
Annoying...

Overall it's a cool figure, would have preference all the suit be fabric without the rubbery parts. I have swapped the body for a slim hot toys one with a fat suit, better proportion and fills the suit better (even if he gets skinnier lol). I will orange elastic strips for the elbow pads and forearm computer too.
Bummer about the cord and insignia. I’d like to see pics of the body swap.

Back