1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received Martian figure today . Great looking figure. Had to pair him up w a legendary Apollo 11 Captain Miller custom filming him control the
Sun star opportunity/spirit mars rover .
IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2905.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg

I received this wonderful figure a few days ago and out-of-the-box I noticed one of the head lamps had the light lens pushed back too far. As I was exploring ways to seat it properly, I discovered that the black end cap piece on both of my head lamps was only pressure fitted with a plastic stem holding the two sections together (see photo). The two pieces were not glued. I can’t be certain that all were sent out are like mine, so precede at your own risk if you have a similar issue.

To my surprise, the light lens inside is an actual LED bulb that was also not glued into place (only a pressure fit). I don’t imagine I’ll try to rig my head lamps to actually work anytime soon, but for those going down that path, enjoy and please share your results.

Attachments

• The Martian Head Lamps-01_sml.jpeg
    The Martian Head Lamps-01_sml.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 0
And the little plus sign.

Looks like they intended to wire it up like the prototype but changed their minds. The LED legs have been precut too. Perhaps the connections were too fiddly. Not sure why they didn’t have the lamps permanently fixed.

And the little plus sign.

Looks like they intended to wire it up like the prototype but changed their minds. Perhaps the connections were too fiddly. Not sure why they didn’t have the lamps permanently fixed.
@HAL9000. - Yes, both the positive and negative red markings were hand written in both head lamps. It seems with more effort, they could’ve mimicked the same contact assembly as with the backpack? Perhaps easier said than done.

@HAL9000. - Yes, both the positive and negative red markings were hand written in both head lamps. It seems with more effort, they could’ve mimicked the same contact assembly as with the backpack? Perhaps easier said than done.
Yes. I've just opened mine, and I see the - & + top and bottom in both lamps. The LED legs are orientated that way and ready for wiring.

if you want to put the LED back in the correct orientation, short leg is positive.

Can you solder the wires to the magnet and then run another wire from the helmet magnet and connect to the LEDs?
Need to run two wires per lamp. Everything is plastic. No handy 0v rails :)

Would need Kynar wire running through, or thin copper wire, and a couple of resitors. Not an easy job. No handy places to run the wires.

Absolutely doable, but needs some thought.

Can you confirm that the LED actually works? I was hesitant to connect to a battery in fear of shorting the diode.
It'll work. Not looked to see, but it's probably a straight 3V 20mA, and unlikely to need a resistor. The pack, if I remember, was two 1.5V AA batteries.

If I was going to do it, I'd replace the LEDs anyway.

Last edited:
Back