1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0007 (A/B/C) Guitar Warrior (Mad Max: Fury Road)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price seems very high for what you get in the basic Doof... comparing to the Dynamic Duo or Joker, for instance.

So true but as crazy cool as the deluxe is, I can't justify the price for this particular figure.

I think that I can perhaps rig up a back-drop print of the speakers and at least provide a good presentation of the figure. I hope...

Premier's "Mad Max" figures have tended to sell out after only a short time. It is the only thing that has me considering an immediate pre-order instead of waiting it out until released. Not sure what to do yet.

I’m only collecting Fury Road, basic Doof shipped for that price is fine for me. Only really missing the second sculpt, that flame is tiny anyway.

Am hoping for Nux for sure, I could go for a Bullet Farmer. Not sure I’d like a People Eater on my shelf to look at all day, lol. I’d like a Slit or the some of the Wives before him

People Eater in all his shabby girth would look amazing -- sick, but amazing.

Slit, absolutely.

I don't want all 5 wives, but it would be hard to whittle it down to one or two. Maybe Zoe and Abby for me.

But the fiery red-head (Presley's daughter) would certainly stand out too.

Honestly the character designs for this movie are so cool I could pick up most of these wasteland wandering weirdos.
Provided I can actually afford them...
The more I think on it the more Doof Warrior is an all or nothing figure to me - I think if I bought him without the set up I would just be lamenting how much better he could be.
So either I get the full set or not at all, and unless the price goes down or is available cheaper elsewhere, then this is going to have to be a miss to me, regretfully.

Honestly the character designs for this movie are so cool I could pick up most of these wasteland wandering weirdos.
Provided I can actually afford them...
The more I think on it the more Doof Warrior is an all or nothing figure to me - I think if I bought him without the set up I would just be lamenting how much better he could be.
So either I get the full set or not at all, and unless the price goes down or is available cheaper elsewhere, then this is going to have to be a miss to me, regretfully.

That was my thought when Kit asked me if I thought people would buy him without the speakers (because Premier weren't being very helpful about providing dimensions to calculate shipping).

Though that was really because you could only get the unmasked sculpt if you bought the whole package.

I didn't really want him without the extra head, and wished there was a version with both sculpts and no speakers. They're selling the speakers separately anyway, implying they see a market for them as a standalone product. However, I imagine they'll pack the figure and diorama in separate boxes, which would make production and supply simpler. (i.e., no need to create special packaging for 'x' number of full sets).

The price made me re-evaluate. It's not so much the cost itself, but the value I place on it. The speakers belong on the vehicle, rather than set up as though he's playing a concert on the ground, so that's one justification not to want them.

I'll get the basic figure, and try not to think about the unmasked sculpt which I might not have used anyway.

I have my order in on the standard. I'll have to plan to make the car fender "stage" anyway as a stand, any pose should have Doof perched on that.

CYKW1xb.png

rbJPTLe.png

C9vmPP2.png

HQ8U2Pp.png

NtMKh4U.png

oDx81FH.png

TcQAMTA.png

VEs16Hm.png

xbI0gU0.png

KSL75Fv.png

TZrzV7u.png

Tempting but I'm going to pass on the speakers.. I don't trust these third party companies with large pieces.

The speakers can be easily dismissed, because they don't make much sense without the vehicle.

The flame could probably be replaced by a spare Hot Toys Star Wars flamethrower effect.

The only bug is the unmasked sculpt. It's probably the same that was used as the base for the mask, and I could talk myself into seeing the skin mask as the creepier and most displayable of the two.

A dismounted Coma is a big saving in both money and space.

View attachment 647216

The guitar looks very small though, as rocbolt pointed out.
It sure makes more sense if you have the whole vehicle.

View attachment 646945View attachment 646946View attachment 646947View attachment 646948View attachment 646949View attachment 646950View attachment 646951View attachment 646952View attachment 646953View attachment 646954View attachment 646955View attachment 646956View attachment 646957View attachment 646958View attachment 646959View attachment 646960View attachment 646961

The 1/6th scale Guitar Warrior DELUXE VERSION Collectible Figure features:
- Two (2) highly realistic detailed head sculpt including:
- One (1) masked head sculpt.
-One (1) unmasked head sculpt.
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair closed fist hands
- One (1) pair relaxed hands
- One (1) pair guitar holding hands
- One (1) left finger pointing hand