1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The joints on this guy feel nice and tight too. I have no fear of anything breaking. Figure feels solid. Very happy with this version. The only thing that grinds my gears is the lack of proper trigger hands for the auto9. Still can't get the fingers to hold it for ****. Even the enterbay version came with normal trigger hands. Watched a review of it a while back to see how their version was. It blew my mind when i saw it had trigger hands.

Guys, got the figure…
As I usually do, I start nitpicking the paint details…
There are these small black paint “errors” in a couple of areas of the chest and helmet, like this:
IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

I’ve seen people work on the most recent Beskar Mando, repaint it without the chrome getting damaged…
But I assume that is not the case with Robo here, right?
No easy way to remove those black spots?
(Tried rubbing a bit of alcohol without any results)

Yeah that factory paint usually requires thinner to get off, but that would surely damage the paint underneath as well.

Guys, got the figure…
There are these small black paint “errors” in a couple of areas of the chest and helmet, like this:
View attachment 675042
View attachment 675043
I’ve seen people work on the most recent Beskar Mando, repaint it without the chrome getting damaged…

Guys, got the figure…
View attachment 675042
View attachment 675043

Probably just do more damage trying to remove them, in my opinion. Mine has a few tiny spots on it and I've seen it on a bunch of people's pictures and reviews.

It seems some of the more metallic paint jobs get these little speckled bump spots here and there too. Both of my Batman Forever figures have 'em too. Like tiny paint zits. But its sealed in to the paintjob and I don't thank there is much you can do aside from trying to sanding it out. It's easier to just to accept that I'm probably the only person that would notice lol

Well… I was able to scratch of a couple of them that I found on the leg and the torso…
Came out fairly easily just used the tip of my fingernail with a bit of pressure.
Tried the same on the helmet one but those wouldn’t come off… so left it like that…
Just mentioning it in case someone is curious about it some time later.

Well… I was able to scratch of a couple of them that I found on the leg and the torso…
Came out fairly easily just used the tip of my fingernail with a bit of pressure.
Tried the same on the helmet one but those wouldn’t come off… so left it like that…
Just mentioning it in case someone is curious about it some time later.
If that’s the case, my guess would be it’s an acrylic based paint, used on top of a lacquer, since acrylic is thicker and more easily lifted and won’t affect the silver lacquer underneath. So an acrylic thinner/remover would theoretically lift it off just fine without affecting the lacquer below. Theoretically.

Finally arrived from SSC.

I dunno guys, I don't honestly see enough of a difference between this and the original release. Don't get me wrong, I see some very subtle difference in the paint, but not enough to justify replacing the original HT R1. I'm looking at them side my side, and on the shelf the differences in paint apps don't honestly amount to very much. Even the BD chest plate is a let down compared to the intricate paint apps on the R1 BD chest.

I like the base on the new one, but not the waist grabber. I'll never use the rocket arm or jet pack. I really like the BD helmet & chest on the original, as well as the audio feature. Maybe I'll do a mix and match of the best piece's between the two, and sell the balance either as one Franken-Robo, or part everything out.

With all that said, if you never got around to picking up R1, and this is your first Robo, then it is a phenomenal figure and a worthy addition to any collection.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me where these instructions are please :) thanks
Thanks for the help man. I followed your directions and did the same thing. Makes a great difference in getting a natural relaxed arm pose without the odd gaps. Not for the faint of heart though, as there's quite a bit of prying and dremeling involved.

Wish I had grabbed a before shot, but you can see how flush the arms sit now to the torso.

View attachment 671777

View attachment 671778

Guys, got the figure…
View attachment 675042
View attachment 675043
i would start with lighter fluid as it is less corrosive than alcohol.

So I got my Robocop a couple of days ago, this is my first 1/6 figure purchase and I have to admit, I kinda get it now. It's very satisfying to pose and admire in ways that statues can't do. Now I just fear I've started down a dark path of addiction...

Can anyone give me any advice on things I need to be aware of for maintenance. I've seen comments and reviews about rubber deterioration. Anything I should be doing here? Also, as a cat owner, I'm concerned about Murphy being knocked over or thrown to his death. Are there any good after market stands, I'm not so sure about the claw stand in the box.
Thanks all.

IMG_0786.png

Last edited:
So I got my Robocop a couple of days ago, this is my first 1/6 figure purchase and I have to admit, I kinda get it now. It's very satisfying to pose and admire in ways that statues can't do. Now I just fear I've started down a dark path of addiction...

Can anyone give me any advice on things I need to be aware of for maintenance. I've seen comments and reviews about rubber deterioration. Anything I should be doing here? Also, as a cat owner, I'm concerned about Murphy being knocked over or thrown to his death. Are there any good after market stands, I'm not so sure about the claw stand in the box.
Thanks all.

View attachment 683373
Congrats, and also, god help you lol. I started off purchasing a 1/6 Christopher Reeve Superman figure years ago, and swore to never purchase another. Ten years, and 30 or 40 figures later, I'm still saying to myself "Ok... THIS is my last figure, for real this time". It can become an addictive hobby rather quickly, and get out of hand if you don't set reasonable boundaries for yourself, your living space, and most importantly, your wallet.

Majority of people store their figures behind glass, and the Ikea Detolf was a very popular, and affordable solution for display. However, I hear it is being discontinued after all these years. But a glass display will prevent a steep nosedive to the ground, or prevent Murphy from becoming your cat's favourite new chew toy. As for maintenance, just dusting mainly. Some people have had bad luck with rubber components deteriorating over time, but that can be exacerbated by environment (temp, humidity, etc). I've had my original Robo in all kinds of poses, and there have been been no issues with rubber deteriorating at the joints.

As for stands, the waist grabber that comes with this Robocop is a lot more secure than the old crotch grabber from the initial release. That said, the OCP logo is from R3 I believe, so if you're an R1 purist you may want to think about a custom stand (ebay/etsy) or even a custom diorama stand can be fun?

Back