1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, and also, god help you lol. I started off purchasing a 1/6 Christopher Reeve Superman figure years ago, and swore to never purchase another. Ten years, and 30 or 40 figures later, I'm still saying to myself "Ok... THIS is my last figure, for real this time". It can become an addictive hobby rather quickly, and get out of hand if you don't set reasonable boundaries for yourself, your living space, and most importantly, your wallet.

Majority of people store their figures behind glass, and the Ikea Detolf was a very popular, and affordable solution for display. However, I hear it is being discontinued after all these years. But a glass display will prevent a steep nosedive to the ground, or prevent Murphy from becoming your cat's favourite new chew toy. As for maintenance, just dusting mainly. Some people have had bad luck with rubber components deteriorating over time, but that can be exacerbated by environment (temp, humidity, etc). I've had my original Robo in all kinds of poses, and there have been been no issues with rubber deteriorating at the joints.

As for stands, the waist grabber that comes with this Robocop is a lot more secure than the old crotch grabber from the initial release. That said, the OCP logo is from R3 I believe, so if you're an R1 purist you may want to think about a custom stand (ebay/etsy) or even a custom diorama stand can be fun?
It's a slippery slope but all your points are bang on, and never collect to complete lines, just get the figures you feel a connection to. Nostalgia is a strong feeling, and why we are all here talking about expensive toys that we don't really need to buy!

It's a slippery slope but all your points are bang on, and never collect to complete lines, just get the figures you feel a connection to. Nostalgia is a strong feeling, and why we are all here talking about expensive toys that we don't really need to buy!
you know why buying old stuffs not common back in the days of consumerism? because times were good and we always looking forward for the next best new things.

as times go bad we start to hang onto older things.

this is unhealthy and slows down human evolution.

we should focus on the present and think about the future. the past is only worth taking lessons from and occasionally be nostalgic about them.

when will we get the next new robocop or robocopwoman.

Last edited:
you know why buying old stuffs not common back in the days of consumerism? because times were good and we always looking forward for the next best new things.

as times go bad we start to hang onto older things.

this is unhealthy and slows down human evolution.

we should focus on the present and think about the future. the past is only worth taking lessons from and occasionally be nostalgia about them.

when will we get the next new robocop or robocopwoman.
When I do focus on the present and the future, usually it brings me straight back to my past. Where I was mainly carefree and original ideas were abundant and meaningful. I don’t find this in the current stage of my life unfortunately. But people get what they need to keep it real from whatever outlet works for them, healthy or not!

Congrats, and also, god help you lol. I started off purchasing a 1/6 Christopher Reeve Superman figure years ago, and swore to never purchase another. Ten years, and 30 or 40 figures later, I'm still saying to myself "Ok... THIS is my last figure, for real this time". It can become an addictive hobby rather quickly, and get out of hand if you don't set reasonable boundaries for yourself, your living space, and most importantly, your wallet.

Majority of people store their figures behind glass, and the Ikea Detolf was a very popular, and affordable solution for display. However, I hear it is being discontinued after all these years. But a glass display will prevent a steep nosedive to the ground, or prevent Murphy from becoming your cat's favourite new chew toy. As for maintenance, just dusting mainly. Some people have had bad luck with rubber components deteriorating over time, but that can be exacerbated by environment (temp, humidity, etc). I've had my original Robo in all kinds of poses, and there have been been no issues with rubber deteriorating at the joints.

As for stands, the waist grabber that comes with this Robocop is a lot more secure than the old crotch grabber from the initial release. That said, the OCP logo is from R3 I believe, so if you're an R1 purist you may want to think about a custom stand (ebay/etsy) or even a custom diorama stand can be fun?
Thanks. That's reassuring to know about the rubber. I really want to leave him in poses. I'll definitely look for a case supplier here in Australia.

I've now got Batman 89 on preorder and will probably spring for RotJ Vader as well. You're right. God help me...

Thanks. That's reassuring to know about the rubber. I really want to leave him in poses. I'll definitely look for a case supplier here in Australia.

I've now got Batman 89 on preorder and will probably spring for RotJ Vader as well. You're right. God help me...
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but an ED209 will look awesome with your new Robocop. Then you'll need the Jazzinc '89 Batwing to go with Keaton Batman.👹 Lol. Same happened to me years ago. Robocop and ED209 were my very first Hot Toys which led to '89 Batman, '89 HT batmobile, Jack Nicholson Joker and all over the place. It'll be a wild ride but it'll be fun.

I hate to add fuel to the fire, but an ED209 will look awesome with your new Robocop. Then you'll need the Jazzinc '89 Batwing to go with Keaton Batman.👹 Lol. Same happened to me years ago. Robocop and ED209 were my very first Hot Toys which led to '89 Batman, '89 HT batmobile, Jack Nicholson Joker and all over the place. It'll be a wild ride but it'll be fun.
Hahaha. Um...yeah, about that Batwing...

IMG_0677.png

Jazzinc was my gateway drug. I bought the Batwing and said I'd stop, then realised I needed a figure to match...and, well, you know how this story goes.

I really want an ED-209 now that I have Murphy, but they're so expensive on eBay and I'm worried about the rubber deterioration.

Welcome in this hobby but beware it can become very addictive…
Two advices that saved me from breakdown:

- It’s not because you like a property that you have to collect it…
- You don’t have to get a physical interpretation of everything you liked…

Enjoy and good luck! 😅

God, I hope HT re-issue ED-209. There is no actor involved in approving the likeness and I bet they do have the molds. It's just IF HT decide to do it. Then it will be a DOPO for me!
If the Robo figure sells well then there is a good chance. The recent video game may be helping the sales as well. If they can do the BTTF3 Delorean then …

If the Robo figure sells well then there is a good chance. The recent video game may be helping the sales as well. If they can do the BTTF3 Delorean then …
Did ED-209 appear in R3? I haven't seen it in ages, but if he doesn't make an appearance in that film, then I wouldn't hold my breath about HT picking up the R1 license again.

Did ED-209 appear in R3? I haven't seen it in ages, but if he doesn't make an appearance in that film, then I wouldn't hold my breath about HT picking up the R1 license again.
ED-209 appears briefly in both 2 and 3. From memory, he got hacked by the cute little girl sidekick in a fairly cringeworthy moment in 3. I think he goes from being intimidating to saying "I will be as loyal as a puppy" or something like that (I tried to erase most of that film from my memory as I walked out of the cinema).

ED-209 appears briefly in both 2 and 3. From memory, he got hacked by the cute little girl sidekick in a fairly cringeworthy moment in 3. I think he goes from being intimidating to saying "I will be as loyal as a puppy" or something like that (I tried to erase most of that film from my memory as I walked out of the cinema).
Your memory serves you well! 😁

If that cringeworthy moment results in 30 years later making a bunch of middle aged men very happy, then perhaps it'll all have been worth it.

Welcome in this hobby but beware it can become very addictive…
Two advices that saved me from breakdown:

- It’s not because you like a property that you have to collect it…
- You don’t have to get a physical interpretation of everything you liked…

Enjoy and good luck! 😅
i beg to differ. materialism is the joy of life. i say do your best and buy as much as you can or cannot afford.

I say do what makes you happy. Managing space/finances, wrestling with having to sell figures to make space for more figures. If you don't enjoy doing it, take a step back.

I still have a hard time figuring out what's a 'must have' or a 'nice to have.'

I have stopped myself at only the figs of characters I like or have some attachment to. I love SW, but limited myself to only Luke, Vader and Yoda. I would love to get Han and Leia but its not a must. Same with LOTR. Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn and Legolas are must haves for me, with Frodo/Bilbo and Sam coming second. Arwen is the only exception as wife loves that char. With Robo have very fond memories, so finally got him.
In the end, pick those figs that "talk to you". I am sure you will enjoy them more than having any fig that you simply like the craftsmanship.

I have stopped myself at only the figs of characters I like or have some attachment to. I love SW, but limited myself to only Luke, Vader and Yoda. I would love to get Han and Leia but its not a must. Same with LOTR. Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn and Legolas are must haves for me, with Frodo/Bilbo and Sam coming second. Arwen is the only exception as wife loves that char. With Robo have very fond memories, so finally got him.
In the end, pick those figs that "talk to you". I am sure you will enjoy them more than having any fig that you simply like the craftsmanship.
Exactly, you have to love the character first! The ones that you found engaging and ofcourse memorable. The finer details and accessories are then the icing on the cake.

Back