1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great stuff! I just won a Snapper off twitter, I'm going to mod the arms and give him an orange Peacemaker paintjob

looking forward to seeing the WIP. This suit would look pretty bad ass with battle damage or some weathering as well...HT's decision to weather some IM but not others baffles me sometimes. I would've thought all the articulated IM would have some weathering so they don't have to deal with picky customers complaining about paint scratches..but WM Mk II wasn't weathered (while IP was) and the Silver Centurion doesn't look to be weathered either.

I totally think HT could've made this suit totally articulated with movable pistons since it's been done long ago with the endoskeleton, but they'd probably end up selling it for $400 and given it's a 'secondary suit' it'll be a poor business decision for them.

Here's the link...the dude also modified the waist so it can turn and added lights to the hands so they also light up.

https://toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=225252&extra=page=1&filter=type&typeid=20

Apparently you just have to pull on the claws to detach them. I tried it just now but maybe the factory used a bit more glue on mine so they don't seem to be coming off easily. Maybe when I get bored of the claw look then I will be more adventurous and just dissemble the whole arm.

That looks really well done! Wish I had the ballz to break up a fig like that. I have no mod skills whatsoever

Looks like I'll need to source Heartbreaker and Mark 7 arms when it is all said and done, the bicep is Mark 7 and below the elbow is Heartbreaker. It'll be a month or two till the figure arrives anyway, and hopefully Heartbreaker won't be delayed any more :lol

WTE9Q9B.jpg
3MlL1gU.jpg
PBmVqaa.jpg

So, I really need to buy Red Snapper now I guess. And I just remembered I blew all my reward points on Clone Commander Wolffe in the spring!

I might hold off and put my current funds toward Mk. XX Python though. I have a feeling Red Snapper won't sell out too fast.

Last edited:
So, I really need to buy Red Snapper now I guess. And I just remembered I blew all my reward points on Clone Commander Wolffe in the spring!

I might hold off and put my current funds toward Mk. XX Python though. I have a feeling Red Snapper won't sell out too fast.

nope he wont

nope he wont

Which is surprising because he's the most visually interesting armor released so far. He has amazing shelf presence next to all the other suits that look very similar. Im sure he will be more at home with the rest of the new armors as they arrive though.

Which is surprising because he's the most visually interesting armor released so far. He has amazing shelf presence next to all the other suits that look very similar. Im sure he will be more at home with the rest of the new armors as they arrive though.

My thoughts exactly! Red Snapper looks amazing! Really unique and stands out!

You're probably in the minority there. While he may be visually different, that doesn't automatically make it the most interesting.

In a lineup of current released figures the Mark I stands out just as much since it differs greatly from the other suits, and it's way more visually interesting and appealing than Snapper who has the same red and gold color scheme as many prior releases. Just think about your reaction when you saw the Mark I on screen for the 1st time. That "Oh ****!" moment! Now think about when you saw Snapper at first - no comparison right?

Granted, Snapper came out good. Wish we didn't have to mod him to get the articulation level most want but that keeps his cost down I guess.

You're probably in the minority there. While he may be visually different, that doesn't automatically make it the most interesting.

In a lineup of current released figures the Mark I stands out just as much since it differs greatly from the other suits, and it's way more visually interesting and appealing than Snapper who has the same red and gold color scheme as many prior releases. Just think about your reaction when you saw the Mark I on screen for the 1st time. That "Oh ****!" moment! Now think about when you saw Snapper at first - no comparison right?

Granted, Snapper came out good. Wish we didn't have to mod him to get the articulation level most want but that keeps his cost down I guess.

Exactly, the damn thing ran into a shipping container like a roomba floor sweeper into a baseboard. Not a proud moment.

Exactly, the damn thing ran into a shipping container like a roomba floor sweeper into a baseboard. Not a proud moment.

Ran into a shipping container? Do you mean Igor?
Or when Red Snapper was destroyed?
The Red Snapper "death" scene made no sense to me. All the suits were controlled by Jarvis. Why would removing only the faceplate suddenly kill the entire armour?

Ran into a shipping container? Do you mean Igor?
Or when Red Snapper was destroyed?
The Red Snapper "death" scene made no sense to me. All the suits were controlled by Jarvis. Why would removing only the faceplate suddenly kill the entire armour?
Correct. Two extremis soldiers hopped onto him and he glided into a container and I suppose x'ed all three of them. ( and lost his face lid in the process.)

Back