1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the odds of HT going for a matte finish for the red, instead of the glossy one? I honestly think the 43 looks better with matte red

odds are pretty good, looking at the pics as well as my Heart breaker id say theyll do a mix of some gloss some matte

I like the glossy finish on Silver Centurion, but I agree that a matte finish would be best for this, Heartbreaker looks good also

no Armor in the movies is glossy though, and thats why the figures look plastic and toyish to most. look at the difference between the 2 mk 7s and its obvious the matte is the way to go, and it loks like that mainly what well get with this, another reason this is the ultimate IM piece thus far

Iron-man-mark-ii-superbowl.jpg

I want SUPER SHINY when Hot Toys redoes MK II in diecast.

theyll do mk 4, 5, 6 and 7 LONG before they do another 2... AU sat instock for months if not a good year
Eh I can actually see a 2 before the others. It would just be the Diecast Mark 3 repainted. No work on their part.

Eh I can actually see a 2 before the others. It would just be the Diecast Mark 3 repainted. No work on their part.

Yeah, that makes sense... Charge even more (diecast) to redo an armor that sat instock the last time it was redone...

where as the mk 4, 5, 6, and Warmachine mk 1 have yet to be redone and are quickly becoming outdated and would undoubtedly sell more then a mk 2

Yeah I expect them to start really going after diecast 1,2,4,5,6,7 after they're done AOU stuff -- in between the lull that will exist Iron Man wise until Civil War or the next IM movie. Diecast MK IV will do really well, but I'm floored by the idea of polished metal for MK II and metal parts for MK I. Those two will benefit quite a bit from diecast treatment.

theyll do mk 4, 5, 6 and 7 LONG before they do another 2... AU sat instock for months if not a good year

It'll probably be a convention exclusive, so there'll probably be no issue on overstock.

And out of all 7 armors, II is the easiest to do..just a matter of adding some rivets and a simple repaint..not unlike the 42 & 43

Pass for me since i already got the mk42 and hot toys are yet to increase the retail price on this one :slap
To each his own, if you're not into collecting ALL iron man suits, I prefer to have bigger variations of the suits in terms of color if possible and not all in the original red scheme. for example I have AU mk2, mk7, mk42...

Cancelled my waitlist for mark 3 and ordered this. Need a red dominant IM to go with 42. I am now done with Iron Man for good. That is, until Hulkbuster arrives to rape my wallet. Yeah then I'm out for good....

It'll probably be a convention exclusive, so there'll probably be no issue on overstock.

And out of all 7 armors, II is the easiest to do..just a matter of adding some rivets and a simple repaint..not unlike the 42 & 43

Convention exclusives have never been main movie armors... maybe before people post trying to dismantle my points you could research HT's a bit and see how they do things... :lol

and adding rivets etc is not some "easy" proccess, still requires tooling and mold making for those parts. and if thats the argument your going with then the mk 4 ad 6 is just as likely as they share 92-95% of the same parts...

I've shared this somewhere before but looks like this guy gets to save money on another figure. I think this looks awesome for a custom repaint.

10474801_383045611864465_6737100698686902079_n.jpg

This is what I wish the Mark 43 figure looked like when I heard it would be a reverse of the 42 color scheme. :drool I agree with the previous comments that the matte finish really helps sell this paint job. I have the Mark 3 DC on preorder, and I would honestly switch preorders if the 43 looked like this. We still have until the weekend for the prototype to be released to public view (and then final product versions), and I'm hoping it's not quite so glossy. I may not preorder it if it's matte, but I most certainly won't if it's glossy. Or there's always the BD route like with the Mark 7...

Uh oh. Here goes EllipseSmack taking things too seriously on Toy Boards again :clap

nah man, its just annoying when every response is another point that makes no sense, and I like to respond when im quoted

and Ellipse? am I missing something? :lol

nah man, its just annoying when every response is another point that makes no sense, and I like to respond when im quoted

and Ellipse? am I missing something? :lol

Ellipses is the grammatical name for '...', so that was my attempt at being clever :lol

I dunnno, I just don't think the board members that are quoting you are trying to be argumentative.

Ellipses is the grammatical name for '...', so that was my attempt at being clever :lol

I dunnno, I just don't think the board members that are quoting you are trying to be argumentative.

Oh I see :lol

And yeah probably not, but I dont care, a stupid comment will usually always get a response from me

Back