1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen the mark 43 in hand yet? I'm certain it'll look great, the mark 42 definitely does but I've been looking at the new pictures & I'm wondering how much effort they put into enhancing how the figure looks??? No matter how many pictures I take of my figures, I can never get them looking like Hot Toys do. lol :)

Has anyone seen the mark 43 in hand yet? I'm certain it'll look great, the mark 42 definitely does but I've been looking at the new pictures & I'm wondering how much effort they put into enhancing how the figure looks??? No matter how many pictures I take of my figures, I can never get them looking like Hot Toys do. lol :)

Budget stark is gunna get some video from the expo this coming weekend, after that maybe some other asian Expos then probably SDCC

I'm sure we'll see some this weekend with Toy Soul coming up. They'll probably have it there.

And it's all proper posing, proper lighting and right camera angle and lenses. It's very tedious :lol

Budget stark is gunna get some video from the expo this coming weekend, after that maybe some other asian Expos then probably SDCC

Look forward to seeing what he posts then, thanks. :)

I'm sure we'll see some this weekend with Toy Soul coming up. They'll probably have it there.

And it's all proper posing, proper lighting and right camera angle and lenses. It's very tedious :lol

I'm no photographer but I wish I were, some of the guys take great pictures of their figures & when I take a picture of mine I'm left feeling less than impressed with the image before me compared to the one I see when looking at my stuff..., maybe one day I'll figure out where I'm going wrong. lol :)

Convention exclusives have never been main movie armors... maybe before people post trying to dismantle my points you could research HT's a bit and see how they do things... :lol

and adding rivets etc is not some "easy" proccess, still requires tooling and mold making for those parts. and if thats the argument your going with then the mk 4 ad 6 is just as likely as they share 92-95% of the same parts...

Dude, chill. In the case of the Mark II, The rivets are only found at the removable chest piece area, so if retooling just one part of a product allows you to sell it as another, then HT would most likely do it, because makes alot of sense from a business standpoint. And none of the plastic releases have been able to accurately capture the metallic sheen of the Mark II armor anyway.

I don't see how this is any different from HT using 1 war machine mould, to not only sell WM, but Iron Patriot and hotrod too, or them using the Mark 42 mould to release 43. Or the Mark VII mould to release Midas.

Dude, chill. In the case of the Mark II, The rivets are only found at the removable chest piece area, so if retooling just one part of a product allows you to sell it as another, then HT would most likely do it, because makes alot of sense from a business standpoint. And none of the plastic releases have been able to accurately capture the metallic sheen of the Mark II armor anyway.

I don't see how this is any different from HT using 1 war machine mould, to not only sell WM, but Iron Patriot and hotrod too, or them using the Mark 42 mould to release 43. Or the Mark VII mould to release Midas.

:lol

is the universal smiling for angry... got it

also I suggest you look at the mk 2 and see that the rivets are not on just the chest. again if youre going to respond to me then please take 5 mins to do some research about what youre talking about

Last edited:
I have no idea what the discussion is about now but I REALLY like my mark II unleashed figure, it's still my favourite & what started me buying more & to top it all, I'm fine with repaints too, does this make me a sucker? lol ;) Anyway, repainting a figure makes it look radically different I think, this mark 43 is a great looking suit & I'm happy to be able to add it to my collection.

MK II has rivets on the head, upper chest (above the removable bit), forearms and legs too.

:lol

is the universal smiling for angry... got it

also I suggest you look at the mk 2 and see that the rivets are not on just the chest. again if youre going to respond to me then please take 5 mins to do some research about what youre talking about

Okay, my bad for missing those areas. But if you've seen HT's picture of the breakdown of pieces used in assembling an Iron Man fig, retooling those small areas are small work for them.

But lest this becomes a mark II dc thread, let's get back to the mark 43 topic shall we? Lol

Okay, my bad for missing those areas. But if you've seen HT's picture of the breakdown of pieces used in assembling an Iron Man fig, retooling those small areas are small work for them.

But lest this becomes a mark II dc thread, let's get back to the mark 43 topic shall we? Lol

but seeing those pieces doesnt indicate how the molds are layed out and what sprues each of those pieces are on. its far more involved then youre making it out to be, but yes I can move on

Can we go back to bitching about the price? $345?!?!

im ok with it

I used points but I still would have paid full price if it wasnt for my LCS being done with SS... for $35 more we get that Ultron..? garuntee it goes for at least $70 on ebay, so its acceptable to me

im ok with it

I used points but I still would have paid full price if it wasnt for my LCS being done with SS... for $35 more we get that Ultron..? garuntee it goes for at least $70 on ebay, so its acceptable to me

Yea considering a full body Ultron would cost upwards of $250, a half-body (albeit dying) ultron for $35 doessn't sound too bad haha..

I'm saving up all my RP for Ultron. Overall, I got this one for $30+ off due to RPs and card perks.

Can't wait to see vids of this from Tsang this Friday.

OK so question: on BBTS, this same figure is schedule for release in April 2015 but is listed as August 2015 for SS. Since the ex usually ships first, why would BBTS get this first over SS?

OK so question: on BBTS, this same figure is schedule for release in April 2015 but is listed as August 2015 for SS. Since the ex usually ships first, why would BBTS get this first over SS?

It must be a typo, HTs has Q3 2015 and SS is august. movies not even out till may

Probably just a mistake, Forbidden Planet do it all the time..., they just stick in a date & then when it gets to that & the figure or whatever isn't coming into stock, they just change it to another date (& so on). They aren't the only ones that do it though as I've notice a couple of others doing it too recently.

Back