1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Convention exclusives have never been main movie armors... maybe before people post trying to dismantle my points you could research HT's a bit and see how they do things... :lol

and adding rivets etc is not some "easy" proccess, still requires tooling and mold making for those parts. and if thats the argument your going with then the mk 4 ad 6 is just as likely as they share 92-95% of the same parts...

I agree with most what you said. I try to tell people how complex this whole process is. It's not like it's some dude sitting in his garage with a 3d scanner, going over the "real" suit, then using a 3d printer where it magically comes out painted. That's how most folks act. Like, oh just change this one little part. It's not hard, it's a small shared part. And when it doesn't happen or they take to long making the one figure they want from a movie older then they are it's hot toys intentionally throwing away money to spite some random fanboy. And in case it's not clear I was being sarcastic and joking, kinda. It's im fact an uber complex process that takes thousands of dollars before a figure ever even gets a proto, and hot toys does not have design choice or freedom. At best they are a partner, in some case they have two or three other companies telling them which figures, how they look, and when they can be made/released.

As for what you said about main armors not being movie exclusives...that's also pretty much right. I think. But I also remember there being a movie exclusive of the mk6 for avengers..I believe. So maybe your off a little. But that one also got a standard release, I know. Fuzz ground. Just playing Devils advocate.

I think you also suffer from the same thing I get. People tend to think I'm a Richard most the time on line. Just because I don't drop one liners and talk like I'm twelve. I'm not (usually) trying to be a jerk, just make my point. Don't see the need to make jokes every two posts about the same stuff over and over. It's like when some guy come up to Pat from wheel of fortune and says" can I buy a vowel"?. And then laughs like he has come up with the funniest thing ever. Even though Pat heard it thirty times a day for the last 15 years.(and obviously I'm talking about in public meetings not on the show).

Anyway...like I said, long long ago many words ago...i agree with your manufacturing points.

I agree with most what you said. I try to tell people how complex this whole process is. It's not like it's some dude sitting in his garage with a 3d scanner, going over the "real" suit, then using a 3d printer where it magically comes out painted. That's how most folks act. Like, oh just change this one little part. It's not hard, it's a small shared part. And when it doesn't happen or they take to long making the one figure they want from a movie older then they are it's hot toys intentionally throwing away money to spite some random fanboy. And in case it's not clear I was being sarcastic and joking, kinda. It's im fact an uber complex process that takes thousands of dollars before a figure ever even gets a proto, and hot toys does not have design choice or freedom. At best they are a partner, in some case they have two or three other companies telling them which figures, how they look, and when they can be made/released.

As for what you said about main armors not being movie exclusives...that's also pretty much right. I think. But I also remember there being a movie exclusive of the mk6 for avengers..I believe. So maybe your off a little. But that one also got a standard release, I know. Fuzz ground. Just playing Devils advocate.

I think you also suffer from the same thing I get. People tend to think I'm a Richard most the time on line. Just because I don't drop one liners and talk like I'm twelve. I'm not (usually) trying to be a jerk, just make my point. Don't see the need to make jokes every two posts about the same stuff over and over. It's like when some guy come up to Pat from wheel of fortune and says" can I buy a vowel"?. And then laughs like he has come up with the funniest thing ever. Even though Pat heard it thirty times a day for the last 15 years.(and obviously I'm talking about in public meetings not on the show).

Anyway...like I said, long long ago many words ago...i agree with your manufacturing points.

I was careful to say convention exclusives :wink1:

and its cool man, we may be dicks, but at least we're not pussies :hi5:

edit: where was the language filter on that one?

But I doubt manufacturing a figure with minimal differences such as that between the Iron Patriot and WM 2.0, Marks II & III, and IV & VI, would be that complex though?

But I doubt manufacturing a figure with minimal differences such as that between the Iron Patriot and WM 2.0, Marks II & III, and IV & VI, would be that complex though?

with WM 2.0, Iron Patriot, Hot rod there is ONE piece they changed. mark 2 and 3 would need new pieces made for every limb of the body, far more involved. 6 and 7 are again only a chest piece changed...

with WM 2.0, Iron Patriot, Hot rod there is ONE piece they changed. mark 2 and 3 would need new pieces made for every limb of the body, far more involved. 6 and 7 are again only a chest piece changed...

Point is, for all those figures, all those changes are minimal and can be easily done if HT chose & had the license to.

Idk if u remember, but I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why the original Marks II & III, IV & VI, IP & WM 2.0 were released pretty close to each other.

Point is, for all those figures, all those changes are minimal and can be easily done if HT chose & had the license to.

Idk if u remember, but I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why the original Marks II & III, IV & VI, IP & WM 2.0 were released pretty close to each other.

I really dont know what youre going on about now :lol

they have the licences... theyve had em for years, they can do Diecast redo's, they likely will eventually. Thats not what weve been tlaking about though so im confused.

and no not all those changes are minimal. Motu and Me are talking from a manufacturing/ engineering point of view, and you seem to be looking at it like a kid holding the two figures in your hand, saying "well theyre not that different". youre right they arent that different, but the work that gets them from one to the other is more involved then you seem to understand.

With wm and iron patriot...not huge differences. But still a few. With the others you mentioned..yes. Huge undertakings.

Just think about it like this...have u ever created a mold? Say with super sculptey or any oven bake clay? I'm going to go with yes...so..

You make a mold of your left thumb. You use that mold and cast a hundred thumbs. Six months later you have a new order for more thumbs, but with a longer fingernail. It's only a minor difference. The thumbs exactly the same. So how do you change the mold. And also it's been worn down a bit from the use. And the oven you use to bake it was made specifically for that first mold. So you also need to adjust the oven as well. And also, you need the original mold as well, because you may need it for the first thumb or another project. And then imagine that mold is also made out of super durable metal. So you can see, a little change..still a boat load of work. And that's just on a thumb statue. Imagine if it where a 12 inch replica of a full suit with 33 joints and removable pieces and panel lines and all that crap.

Even a straight repaint ain't exactly easy. Painting stuffs not easy. Especially complex shapes and color ways.

And even all that does not consider the dozens of other steps and approvals each figure has to go through. It's not a simple thing.

I really dont know what youre going on about now :lol

they have the licences... theyve had em for years, they can do Diecast redo's, they likely will eventually. Thats not what weve been tlaking about though so im confused.

and no not all those changes are minimal. Motu and Me are talking from a manufacturing/ engineering point of view, and you seem to be looking at it like a kid holding the two figures in your hand, saying "well theyre not that different". youre right they arent that different, but the work that gets them from one to the other is more involved then you seem to understand.

Well sorry if I don't have your so-called "toy engineering expertise". I'm only making a guess based on past HT practices, which seems to point towards the fact that they love to release old figures as new ones if the changes needed to be made are minimal.

Just look at the sheer amount of Ledger & Nicholson Jokers, Batmen and Iron Men that they've released so far. It's only fair to guess based on that fact, that the Mark II will most likely be released as diecast now that Mark III has been made into diecast.

I think that's a case of the juice being worth the squeeze for Hot Toys with figures being pumped out of those great selling lines rather than shared similarities cutting costs. Still, I have a feeling a MK II diecast could be coming sooner than some think. The iron of the first movie will be a little hotter when the new MK III lands.

Well sorry if I don't have your so-called "toy engineering expertise". I'm only making a guess based on past HT practices, which seems to point towards the fact that they love to release old figures as new ones if the changes needed to be made are minimal.

Just look at the sheer amount of Ledger & Nicholson Jokers, Batmen and Iron Men that they've released so far. It's only fair to guess based on that fact, that the Mark II will most likely be released as diecast now that Mark III has been made into diecast.

ok so lets look at HT's past. Where was the mk 3 redo right after the new mark 2 was done..? that would have been an easy redo according to you. and that was also before the diecast line was announced (though HT's knew about it). and im not talking down on you from some pedestal of knowledge, Im just trying to explain to you how things actually work... and im not arguing that theyll never redo mk2 in diecast, im just saying it is highly unlikely to be done soon or near future, because its a less popular suit, it would cost more and people are not very interested in it right now. especially because the last mk 2 they did (when people were jonesing for one) sat instock for a LONG time

With wm and iron patriot...not huge differences. But still a few. With the others you mentioned..yes. Huge undertakings.

Just think about it like this...have u ever created a mold? Say with super sculptey or any oven bake clay? I'm going to go with yes...so..

You make a mold of your left thumb. You use that mold and cast a hundred thumbs. Six months later you have a new order for more thumbs, but with a longer fingernail. It's only a minor difference. The thumbs exactly the same. So how do you change the mold. And also it's been worn down a bit from the use. And the oven you use to bake it was made specifically for that first mold. So you also need to adjust the oven as well. And also, you need the original mold as well, because you may need it for the first thumb or another project. And then imagine that mold is also made out of super durable metal. So you can see, a little change..still a boat load of work. And that's just on a thumb statue. Imagine if it where a 12 inch replica of a full suit with 33 joints and removable pieces and panel lines and all that crap.

Even a straight repaint ain't exactly easy. Painting stuffs not easy. Especially complex shapes and color ways.

And even all that does not consider the dozens of other steps and approvals each figure has to go through. It's not a simple thing.

Clearly difficult for us laypeople, clearly not for HT. Otherwise why would they even bother with Hot Rod, Midas, Mime Nicholson Joker, Mark 43 and Peacemaker?

They are definitely not pieces at the top of people's shopping lists. But Ht will figure out a way to make money out of them nonetheless.

Point is....funny way to start. I have no idea what your point actually is? Is it that they can make figures if they want? Is it that they can do it easily and easily change to make ones that are close as well?

I'm not following.

Yes they can make any figure.

No, it's not cheap or easy to make even a minor change in manufacturing.

Also, what you said about the marks being released close to each other...that was because they where in the same movies. Not how similarly they appear. It's like saying next months figures are being released together because they where made with the same molds(nexus months scheduled releases are falcon and starboost). When they where/are released has little to do with it.

Point is....funny way to start. I have no idea what your point actually is? Is it that they can make figures if they want? Is it that they can do it easily and easily change to make ones that are close as well?

I'm not following.

Yes they can make any figure.

No, it's not cheap or easy to make even a minor change in manufacturing.

Also, what you said about the marks being released close to each other...that was because they where in the same movies. Not how similarly they appear. It's like saying next months figures are being released together because they where made with the same molds(nexus months scheduled releases are falcon and starboost). When they where/are released has little to do with it.

My point from the very beginning was, that we could expect a mark II diecast now that mark III diecast is out. And it was just a guess based on past HT practices.

But somehow you felt the obligation to bring the discussion to such tangents, to the extent that you got yourself confused? Amusing enough.

So care to explain why War Machine 2.0 was announced within the same month as Iron Patriot? I don't remember seeingg WM 2.0 in IM 3?

Clearly difficult for us laypeople, clearly not for HT. Otherwise why would they even bother with Hot Rod, Midas, Mime Nicholson Joker, Mark 43 and Peacemaker?

They are definitely not pieces at the top of people's shopping lists. But Ht will figure out a way to make money out of them nonetheless.

you make no sense man, you should really do some research into the field if you want to talk about it. you arent even trying to understand

My point from the very beginning was, that we could expect a mark II diecast now that mark III diecast is out. And it was just a guess based on past HT practices.

But somehow you felt the obligation to bring the discussion to such tangents, to the extent that you got yourself confused? Amusing enough.

says the guy who doesnt even know who hes quoting :lol

you make no sense man, you should really do some research into the field if you want to talk about it. you arent even trying to understand

As I said it was a guess based on HT practices. If I want to really know what's going on in HT headquarters, I'll get a job there.

Oh and my previous quote seems perfectly fine.

As I said it was a guess based on HT practices. If I want to really know what's going on in HT headquarters, I'll get a job there.

even that makes no sense... as I said earlier if its based on past practices where was the mk 3 redo right after the 2.0 mark 2?

Back