1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that the head is detachable. It's probably just because it's the same body as the first ASM figure. Does anyone know if this one has the weird shoulder pads the first did?

Those hands are really cool too. I figured that they'd be magnets, because pegs seemed sort of a risky proposition half way through a hand.

Have not been following thread but excited to get this figure with the new change's to him. Do we think can switch the head with 1st peter parker asm1 head sculpt and neck ?

Have not been following thread but excited to get this figure with the new change's to him. Do we think can switch the head with 1st peter parker asm1 head sculpt and neck ?

I don't think so. That neck has points on the bottom, where as this one looks more rounded.

Just the collar a tiny bit i can live with that flaw if can use the old neck plug for this spidey.

Well if someone has both amazing spideys let us know when get him if neck from spidey 1 works with this spidey2 version?

IDK it's pretty spot on IMO

ASM

ASM2

I can't wait to see clipperking's review, hopefully he will say we can put Garfield's head on this

Looks good but I want to see a comparison between this new one and the ASM1 version

I can't find any with the two figures together in the same place but this is the best I can probably do.

10273486_1563301330565357_5213742306269046018_n.jpg
1966807_1563301347232022_3417102446830685630_n.jpg

I think it's possible that the AG head the TASM1 figure would fit the new one, but we have to take note that the collar on that head won't match the new figure's suit.

Anyway, I think this one's a good comparison photo of all Red and Blue Spideys HT's done so far. IMO, the new one is the Spider-Man figure to have.

10704006_10152586576619003_6168644854705629531_n.jpg

I gotta say, it's going to be hard to resist this one. I have the first classic Hot Toys Spider-Man and the Hot Toys black suit, but I'm loving the look of this one as well. As soon as pics popped up for it the other night, I immediately became interested. It looks like a quality figure.

That said, I hated ASM 2, hated it. I've thought the last two movies have been garbage. So I'm in a little predicament. Should I get a figure based purely on looks even though I don't like the source material? I'm not too fond of Garfield, the stories, and I hate those additional hipster clothes. Then I see the pics above with the figure in those great poses and they just scream "Spider-Man". I might just pretend it's comic book Spider-Man or something, I don't think I can pass on a figure that looks this good. I wasn't particularly fond of Spider-Man 3 as a film either but I bought the two Spider-Man figures without question. I really might buy this. The only thing holding me back are all my other orders for the year. Maybe I'll wait for this to get heavily discounted like the other Spider-Man figures.

Makes me wonder if they'll revisit the classic suit and make an improved "Spider-Man 2" Spidey, maybe to go with a Doc Ock?

I gotta say, it's going to be hard to resist this one. I have the first classic Hot Toys Spider-Man and the Hot Toys black suit, but I'm loving the look of this one as well. As soon as pics popped up for it the other night, I immediately became interested. It looks like a quality figure.

That said, I hated ASM 2, hated it. I've thought the last two movies have been garbage. So I'm in a little predicament. Should I get a figure asked purely on looks even though I don't like the source material? I'm not too fond of Garfield, the stories, and I hate those additional hipster clothes. Then I see the pics above with the figure in those great poses and they just scream "Spider-Man". I might just pretend it's comic book Spider-Man or something, I don't think I can pass on a figure that looks this good. I wasn't particularly find of Spider-Man 3 as a film either but I bought the two Spider-Man figures without question. I really might buy this. The only thing holding me back are all my other orders for the year. Maybe I'll wait for this to get heavily discounted like the other Spider-Man figures.

Makes me wonder if they'll revisit the classic suit and make an improved "Spider-Man 2" Spidey, maybe to go with a Doc Ock?

Do you have a larger avengers type collection? or do you collect specific movie based? id get it just to have as its comic accurate, you can always forget the source material

I think it's possible that the AG head the TASM1 figure would fit the new one, but we have to take note that the collar on that head won't match the new figure's suit.

Anyway, I think this one's a good comparison photo of all Red and Blue Spideys HT's done so far. IMO, the new one is the Spider-Man figure to have.

Thanks for the pic, man, between the suit and the proportions, ASM2 is the blue-and-red Spidey to own.

Nice find,Ill be very happy to add this to my Spidy collection.

That said, I hated ASM 2, hated it. I've thought the last two movies have been garbage. So I'm in a little predicament. Should I get a figure based purely on looks even though I don't like the source material? I'm not too fond of Garfield, the stories, and I hate those additional hipster clothes. Then I see the pics above with the figure in those great poses and they just scream "Spider-Man". I might just pretend it's comic book Spider-Man or something, I don't think I can pass on a figure that looks this good. I wasn't particularly fond of Spider-Man 3 as a film either but I bought the two Spider-Man figures without question. I really might buy this. The only thing holding me back are all my other orders for the year. Maybe I'll wait for this to get heavily discounted like the other Spider-Man figures.

Id say hells yes. Well thats what Im doing anyway lol. I hated the last few movies myself,well ASM is tolerable now that ASM2 happened,but Im a sucker for Spiderman and for suit aesthetics. This new suit instantly reminds me of everything spiderman from my child hood so despite the crap movie Im onboard for two of him. I imagine he'll be around through retailers for a while,Ill be picking up a second one as soon as I can throw one of those $20off SS promos.

All I'm interested in is if the ASM Garfield head would fit on the new body. I think it's possible because the masked head is detachable and the neck post is the same also the space underneath the neck is the same.

Back