1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't like the movie either but it doesn't matter because this figure just represents Spidey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I hesitated for a second as it is one of my rules to only buy from stuff I love.

But I love spidey. So, custom stand, get rid of the parts aaaaand bosh.

Head does fit. Via Facebook. Not mine.
GBYpWZw.jpg

I watched the film recently; outside of a couple of moments it was utterly forgettable, but that costume screams "comic Spidey" to me so it's an easy buy; not concerned about the film or any of its other CG ... err .. I mean "characters".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't need to panic.
There will be plenty of deals to be had on this one soon. Check the marketplace, most newly released figs heavily discounted after a couple of months. I've been paying retail prices like an idiot, never again. The days of rare HT pieces are over, I think.

Not for iron man! Except some armors. But most of the red and gold ones sell fast.

I gotta say, it's going to be hard to resist this one. I have the first classic Hot Toys Spider-Man and the Hot Toys black suit, but I'm loving the look of this one as well. As soon as pics popped up for it the other night, I immediately became interested. It looks like a quality figure.

That said, I hated ASM 2, hated it. I've thought the last two movies have been garbage. So I'm in a little predicament. Should I get a figure based purely on looks even though I don't like the source material? I'm not too fond of Garfield, the stories, and I hate those additional hipster clothes. Then I see the pics above with the figure in those great poses and they just scream "Spider-Man". I might just pretend it's comic book Spider-Man or something, I don't think I can pass on a figure that looks this good. I wasn't particularly fond of Spider-Man 3 as a film either but I bought the two Spider-Man figures without question. I really might buy this. The only thing holding me back are all my other orders for the year. Maybe I'll wait for this to get heavily discounted like the other Spider-Man figures.

Makes me wonder if they'll revisit the classic suit and make an improved "Spider-Man 2" Spidey, maybe to go with a Doc Ock?

You don't deserve:pfft:

So is the suit going to be any different for ASM 3? Just trying to figure out if I should make this my one and only Spidey from the trilogy.

Congrats to everyone who kept their pre order. I cancelled mine after we saw no updated photos and the firgure at SDCC looked cheap. Now I am trying to figure out how o budget this guy back in. :gah:

Congrats to everyone who kept their pre order. I cancelled mine after we saw no updated photos and the firgure at SDCC looked cheap. Now I am trying to figure out how o budget this guy back in. :gah:

Dang! looks like we are in the same boat! I did the same thing after seeing those photos. Also the fact that SSC is going to to do a comic version helped my decision to cancel.

But from the new pics the figure turned out great! and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to re-order this.

So is the suit going to be any different for ASM 3? Just trying to figure out if I should make this my one and only Spidey from the trilogy.

As the movie has been pushed back to 2018, I think there is no way to know how the new suit may look like. It will also be another 4-5 years of waiting and also increase in pricing. This is the definitive spidey to have for sure. For the next 4-5 years at least.

WOW not until 2018 for next MOVIE that's some bull !:impatient: It's hard to believe they can mess these movie's up!:slap I hated Sally Field and cast and the electro and Rhino. I dont blame the actors but the casting and writing. Jamie foxx and Sally field are good actors just wrong for the parts i thought. I understand they are trying to revamp and make kinda believeable but hard for me as a comic spidey fan to watch some of this the movie companys spit out the garbage they put on screen. The only decent thing from this film was end a sinnister six easter egg. Sorry liked Tobey n Kirsten better with old Aunt may. I hope they stay on track and give us the sinnister six that we can be happy with. Would love a revamped electro suit a Doc Connors 2 pack / lizard then a Alfred Molina Doc OCK then recast a decent actor for venom not Topher that messed that up HORRIBLY! :gah: I prey :pray: for a decent Vulture. Sorry for Rant! Love the new spidey except the hands and weard kinda for them hot toys to make head to be removed with out giving us a Parker head. I Just Wish he came with xtra head and camera and accessories we would actualy use. Anyway cant wait to get this guy in November for me.:impatient:

WOW not until 2018 for next MOVIE that's some bull !:impatient: It's hard to believe they can mess these movie's up!:slap I hated Sally Field and cast and the electro and Rhino. I dont blame the actors but the casting and writing. Jamie foxx and Sally field are good actors just wrong for the parts i thought. I understand they are trying to revamp and make kinda believeable but hard for me as a comic spidey fan to watch some of this the movie companys spit out the garbage they put on screen. The only decent thing from this film was end a sinnister six easter egg. Sorry liked Tobey n Kirsten better with old Aunt may. I hope they stay on track and give us the sinnister six that we can be happy with. Would love a revamped electro suit a Doc Connors 2 pack / lizard then a Alfred Molina Doc OCK then recast a decent actor for venom not Topher that messed that up HORRIBLY! :gah: I prey :pray: for a decent Vulture. Sorry for Rant! Love the new spidey except the hands and weard kinda for them hot toys to make head to be removed with out giving us a Parker head. I Just Wish he came with xtra head and camera and accessories we would actualy use. Anyway cant wait to get this guy in November for me.:impatient:

Sony, for some reason, is preferring to make a Venom and Sinister Six movie before their next Spidey. They also have done s horrible job of picking directors. MArc Webb is a joke.

Sony, for some reason, is preferring to make a Venom and Sinister Six movie before their next Spidey. They also have done s horrible job of picking directors. MArc Webb is a joke.

O.K WoW didn't know they were doing those movie's i prey :pray: they dont mess these up but lost confidence last good superhero fim was X-MEN days of future past. If anything that's 3 more spidey films they get to destroy hopefully not! I would think Stan tbe man would say Back to FORMULA ha ha if it suck's!:lol

Dafoe forever! But I have no idea how they're gonna do Venom without Peter getting a hold of the symbiote first. That's the biggest part about Venom and Eddie Brock in the first place. I mean, the Spider powers, Eddie figuring out that Peter was Spidey along with Eddie's hatred of Peter. You NEED to have Peter bond first. That all adds to the scariness that is Venom/Eddie Brock. Apparently they might just skip on to Flash Thompson Venom.

I agree. I did not like the movie. It seemed more focused on the parker-stacy romance than action. I do agree their relationship was important to factor in how peter became spidey and meeting mary jane but hell the plot is wrong. I wished toby's spiderman was done now with better CG. Did not like dunst though, sorry.

I wish they gave the neck post for this spidey so we can use it with any head we want. I would use toby's but def not andrew's. The BD head/ normal head with 2 cuts on left cheek (shaving error perhaps?) also does not fit the clean cut suit, be it for asm1 version or asm2 version.

Back