1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still resisting to cancel my pre-order. But it won't take too long I think.

Wait list for exclusive converted this week and I am not canceling until I start seeing production pics......I don't like production piece then I may cancel until then just waitin it out....

I saw this movie yesterday, I was actually surprised it was not as bad as everyone had been saying...the accessories are a real stretch for the figure, but hopefully it turns out great, a Spider-Man figure is always a nice thing...

I saw this movie yesterday, I was actually surprised it was not as bad as everyone had been saying...the accessories are a real stretch for the figure, but hopefully it turns out great, a Spider-Man figure is always a nice thing...

are you sure you weren't watching Guardians of the Galaxy?
:monkey3

It's interesting how so many people loved the original films, then started hating them when Amazing came out, and now people are starting to hate this current series in favour of the originals.

It always reminds me of that line of Goblin's in the first film. Something along the lines of, "In spite of everything you've done for them...eventually, they will hate you".

Just signed up to this forum. I just came home from SDCC where I was siked to see all the new toys.

When the Amazing Spiderman 2 figure was released I immediately pre-ordered it, even though there were a few elements that bothered me. Perhaps it was the lighting or some prototype figure being shown, I was certain that the real thing would be better.

That said, I got a good close up look at this toy from the show and as soon as I looked at with my own eyes I knew one thing; I was canceling as soon as I got home. Which is what I just got done doing.

Take aways:
The red doesn't look as shiny in person, but still looks like fruit rollup material.
The stitching is particularly bumpy in certain parts
The red and blue stitching is falling a part on the leg and boot. I don't even know how or why they decided to display this! The front leg shown closest to the viewer was ripped at the seem. All these insanely great toys around and this one is falling a part.

So yeah, I canceled. And even though I've wanted a classic looking Spidey for sometime, I'm not bummed about it. I'm going to save my money and get a Starlord, a Rocket Racoon....and a Marty McFly from Back to the Future. (Did you see those pics? WOW. Now that's an awesome toy)

(I have pics, but I can't seem to upload them.)

Just signed up to this forum. I just came home from SDCC where I was siked to see all the new toys.

When the Amazing Spiderman 2 figure was released I immediately pre-ordered it, even though there were a few elements that bothered me. Perhaps it was the lighting or some prototype figure being shown, I was certain that the real thing would be better.

That said, I got a good close up look at this toy from the show and as soon as I looked at with my own eyes I knew one thing; I was canceling as soon as I got home. Which is what I just got done doing.

Take aways:
The red doesn't look as shiny in person, but still looks like fruit rollup material.
The stitching is particularly bumpy in certain parts
The red and blue stitching is falling a part on the leg and boot. I don't even know how or why they decided to display this! The front leg shown closest to the viewer was ripped at the seem. All these insanely great toys around and this one is falling a part.

So yeah, I canceled. And even though I've wanted a classic looking Spidey for sometime, I'm not bummed about it. I'm going to save my money and get a Starlord, a Rocket Racoon....and a Marty McFly from Back to the Future. (Did you see those pics? WOW. Now that's an awesome toy)

(I have pics, but I can't seem to upload them.)

Just to piggy back what the Professor mentioned, I hope they're working on this figure as we speak. Having seen it close up at the con, it's a bit underwhelming. It's almost there, but there's just a bunch of little things that add up in the end. The stitching and "bump" on his head look absolutely horrible in person. But ultimately, it still has the potential to be one of the best spidey figures out with some tweaks.

Thanks for the input professor and I noticed some of what you were saying about the suit from pics as well. It's odd that they can't seem to nail down the ASM figures. Seems like the wrong material among other things. The only reason I'm keeping my order for now at least is I have the SS Exclusive on order. On the off chance he's improved I'd possibly keep him or could trade him to someone.

I just cancelled the exclusive. I'll get the regular edition instead. By the looks of the reactions on this thread, I could probably hold off on buying this until it hits double reward points.

I still think it's the wrong material and it's a shame as I thought this was on of the better Marvel films this year, not fussed with Gardians or Captain America at all, give me X-Men...

I still think it's the wrong material and it's a shame as I thought this was on of the better Marvel films this year, not fussed with Gardians or Captain America at all, give me X-Men...

X-Men figures need to happen.

That they did. And at another show in Asia. Though no official announcement yet. I'd be willing to bet he gets a figure

I think it's not a bad movie also. Nothing wrong with liking it.

No, it's a pretty good movie, just suffers a bit from having too much happening in it (same as Spidey 3), and a certain part is a real emotional downer, so....

This figure, OTOH, is poor. Predict shelf-warmer status. They should just use fabric, like the Spidey 3 figure, which, whilst not without its flaws, is pretty decent.

Back