1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it wasn't flawless, but I really enjoyed it. Not sure why it gets so much hate, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, I guess. It's definitely a movie I'll watch again and again.

Wanted to like it so bad but I just couldnt dig it :(. In fact the only part of the movie my mind allows me to even remember is Gwen snapping her neck.:dunno Still looking forward to this figure tho.

My only real disappointments with this movie, other than small nitpicks, are the fact we saw so little Rhino and Goblin, and the "I can't be with you cause I'm spider-man" plot rehash.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the movie. Liked it more than the first. I thought Gwen and Peter had great chemistry, even if it was a little drawn out. To me, Andrew Garfield makes a much better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. Don't get me wrong, I loved Tobey's Spider-man and Spider-Man 2 when they were originally released. Going back to them now though... not so much. Especially when we have so many recent great superhero movies to compare them to.

I thought that ASM2 had great fight scenes, music and I was also happy that, despite the trailers, it didn't focus on 20 different villains. Even knowing what happened to Gwen I found myself hoping that it wouldn't, so the ending was still very jarring to me. =\

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the movie. Liked it more than the first. I thought Gwen and Peter had great chemistry, even if it was a little drawn out. To me, Andrew Garfield makes a much better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. Don't get me wrong, I loved Tobey's Spider-man and Spider-Man 2 when they were originally released. Going back to them now though... not so much. Especially when we have so many recent great superhero movies to compare them to.

I thought that ASM2 had great fight scenes, music and I was also happy that, despite the trailers, it didn't focus on 20 different villains. Even knowing what happened to Gwen I found myself hoping that it wouldn't, so the ending was still very jarring to me. =\

:goodpost:

Agreed, decent film, loved the suit, loved Electro, just felt like Goblin was rushed and thrown in for the sake of it. Soundtrack was also wicked.

I'm still resisting to cancel. I have a Money problem in these days and the flex payment starts in 10 days. I'm not really sure if this figure pays off?

I liked the movie overall. Better than Spider-Man 3 which destroyed one of my favorite villains. So i will take it.

I love the film. Sure, it has some odd moments, but it's Spidey.

I googled the **** out of 'hot toys peter parker' and all I got was pics from the Thailand Toy Expo of two Parker figures in a display case with the two Spidey figures. Anyone have any info on these?

Last edited:
:goodpost:

Agreed, decent film, loved the suit, loved Electro, just felt like Goblin was rushed and thrown in for the sake of it. Soundtrack was also wicked.

"Song for Zula" is a great song.

Marc Webb always does a great job with the music, especially 500 Days of Summer.

I love the film. Sure, it has some odd moments, but it's Spidey.

I googled the **** out of 'hot toys peter parker' and all I got was pics from the Thailand Toy Expo of two Parker figures in a display case with the two Spidey figures. Anyone have any info on these?

Here's a video of BOTH Peter Parkers that were showcased. (Video from Ryno F's YouTube page, fellow board member here.)

I could have sworn seeing a pic before though with a '$$TBD' label. I might have gotten confused with another HT piece though.

I honestly think these are just kitbashes used for display purposes. That ASM2 Peter looks like he's sporting the jeans and shoes from ZY toys

I can't believe the digital version is already available on platforms. I'm debating if I should wait until the dvd release.

I can't believe the digital version is already available on platforms. I'm debating if I should wait until the dvd release.

It will be out in 2 weeks....not a long wait...and CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 WEEKS LATER!!! HOOWAH!!!!

It will be out in 2 weeks....not a long wait...and CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 WEEKS LATER!!! HOOWAH!!!!

Don't want to turn this into an iTunes thread but I love my AppleTV. I haven't bought a BluRay in over 3 years and one of the big reasons is the early digital releases of most blockbusters. I'll be watching Winter Soldier in about 3 weeks vs waiting a month and a half for the BluRay. Not looking to debate, just wanted to throw that out there.

Don't want to turn this into an iTunes thread but I love my AppleTV. I haven't bought a BluRay in over 3 years and one of the big reasons is the early digital releases of most blockbusters. I'll be watching Winter Soldier in about 3 weeks vs waiting a month and a half for the BluRay. Not looking to debate, just wanted to throw that out there.

Aren't those movies already out on blu-ray? Web-wise I am sure they are. I watched them both already!

Back