1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and I enjoy reading the daily threads. It's kind of a shame that my very first thread has to shine a negative light on a figure, but this ASM2 figure is pretty pathetic IMO. I have no problem with people who are still getting this figure because there are some hardcore spidey fans out there and that's great! Honestly, from a company like HT we all deserve better especially the hardcore guys. I held on to my pre-order as long as I could but finally cancelled today, I just like others, hoped for pics with new improvements, looks like thats not going to happen. Unfortunately for HT, this is a HUGE opportunity for Sideshow to get their version perfect and blow them out of the water. They would make a ton of money!!

Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and I enjoy reading the daily threads. It's kind of a shame that my very first thread has to shine a negative light on a figure, but this ASM2 figure is pretty pathetic IMO. I have no problem with people who are still getting this figure because there are some hardcore spidey fans out there and that's great! Honestly, from a company like HT we all deserve better especially the hardcore guys. I held on to my pre-order as long as I could but finally cancelled today, I just like others, hoped for pics with new improvements, looks like thats not going to happen. Unfortunately for HT, this is a HUGE opportunity for Sideshow to get their version perfect and blow them out of the water. They would make a ton of money!!
The figure hasn't even been released yet and it's been delayed. For all we know they worked on fixing the material once they heard the backlash about it.

I'm holding my pre-order until we see the reveal pictures from bloggers. If they changed the material than I'm keeping the PO as that's the main problem that I see with the figure. If they didn't I'll be cancelling.

I have hope in hot toys and lately they've been fixing their errors I hope they knock this out of the park.'

I didn't cancel because of the material. I canceled because i think i'm outgrowing SM,(at 38 lol) and also didn't really care for the movie.

I am on the EX waitlist, have been for about 3 months. Obviously there arent too many people cancelling...

I think most, like myself, are waiting for the in-hand production photos. If the figure hasn't improved noticeably then I believe there will be a wave of cancellations.

I'm a huge spidey fan and loved the movie so I'm all in on this guy. Unless the in hand pics look horrendous I don't see myself canceling him.

Call me crazy but I think this guy actually looks pretty sweet and I can't wait to get him. I'll pose him with his backpack on, it just reminds me of Parker trying to fit the rest of his everyday life in around his crime fighting exploits.

Back