1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hands look like they're covered in blood :horror

Im really hoping this is just a hastly thrown together prototype that they wanted to show just cause the movie is premireing, so they rushed it out and they are fully aware of how shty it looks. The real figure is still in development :pray:

One can hope

Yeah. I do think this fig is pretty bad. Im still holding on to my SM3. The AS1 suit is growing on me though. Playing AM2 on PS4 is a lot of fun for me. I never liked the AM1 suit departure, but the more I play the game, the more I love that suit. It just didnt translate well into a figure IMHO. It is tempting me though as days pass. I just cant bite on the new AS2 suit. It is the classic suit but it looks so...I dunno...cartoony? Maybe it looks different in the theater. Im just not impressed by stills or trailers. The movie looks Amazing, but the suit seems to have jumped right off of a comic page and not in a good way. I think the Raimi movies had a great take on the classic suit.

To anyone that has seen the movie...does the new suit look this cartoony on screen?

This figure has no texture. It looks like fake leather with web lines marked in a sharpie by someone with shakey hands. Speaking of hands...the hands on this fig just dont match. I normally dont like to fig bash, but wow. The stand is bad @$$ though. Im gonna get one of those for my SM3.

Does anyone happen to know if they will be making Dane Dehaan's Harry Osborn [ & ] Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy to go with him?

Does anyone happen to know if they will be making Dane Dehaan's Harry Osborn [ & ] Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy to go with him?

Pure speculation based on movie images from Milk Magazine however, it is guessed Electro and Goblin will join Spidey and Rhino.

People of the internets, I have visiting hobby base, took a good long look (approximately 10 minutes) the employees were probably thinking I'm crazy. The material is not as vinyl as you thing, NOTHING like the medicom spider-man 3 ones, I own that one so I know. I would not worry about the red, I would worry about the seam at the top of the head and the interchangeable hands, the webbing between the thumb and the figures look very thin and fragile, i'd be worried if that breaks. Also, the hands are a different red than the suit, it's CHROMED for some reason, what the ****? Here are some pictures, I'll head back soon, i can do try to take different angles if you like. I hope my pics shed some light on the matter and dissolve any speculation or worries, it really does look amazing, I can't wait to get it.

Bottom left, look how thin the plastic is between the thumb and the fingers...yikes.

YIKES :slap:horror:mad:

those hands..... What The hell :lol oh my god eww.

this spiderman looks like it was made out of bubblegum or something lol. those hands looks atrocious :yuck:yuck
the amazing spider Leather Man :lol:lol

I think the Raimi movies had a great take on the classic suit.

To anyone that has seen the movie...does the new suit look this cartoony on screen?

Interesting that you like the Raimi suit but aren't sold on the Amazing 2 suit. The new costume looks great in action in the film.

just came back from the movie, it was pretty bad.... this movie has got the worse pacing i've ever seen, at one point it reminded me of SM3...
as for spiderman, the figure looks nothing like what he does in the movie, like we've all said, the red parts are totally off, from the movie it looks like he got the similar fabric as the SM3 figure which is a satin fabric, the red is alot darker than what we've been shown.

the cold gear is kinda ridiculous, doesn't make sense in the movie, won't make sense here..

It's interesting witnessing how everyone loved the figure and it's accessories before they had seen the film.
Everyone now realises that the exclusive canister is......as pointless as a teeny tiny holographic Iron Man.
And that his 'winter gear' as some branded it, is nothing more than him trying to keep warm when he has a cold...for a one second throwaway scene.

This figure should come as a Parker/ASM two pack. The stand connector should magnetically attach anywhere on the body so we don't have one fugly waist grabber.

The figure was rushed to coincide with the film's release.

I believe it will have minor improvements before it's release but it goes to show how quickly people can be taken in.

Nope. It's your friendly neighborhood Pleather-Man!

yeah :rotfl reminds me of the Daredevil movie hahaha

It's interesting witnessing how everyone loved the figure and it's accessories before they had seen the film.
Everyone now realises that the exclusive canister is......as pointless as a teeny tiny holographic Iron Man.
And that his 'winter gear' as some branded it, is nothing more than him trying to keep warm when he has a cold...for a one second throwaway scene.

hot Toys should have added a fish as an accessory :lol:lol

d j a n g o
image.jpg

This figure should come as a Parker/ASM two pack. The stand connector should magnetically attach anywhere on the body so we don't have one fugly waist grabber.

The figure was rushed to coincide with the film's release.

I believe it will have minor improvements before it's release but it goes to show how quickly people can be taken in.

And HT capitalizes on said individuals. People just but whatever HT puts out. Even **** like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct sir that toy hunters is HT direct store. What I was trying to say is that it's a lot like a seperate entity, because it's technically a subsidiary. So if for some reason the store got into financial trouble it wouldn't effect the manufacturing arm. They may be owned by the same top level players but operated by seperate entity's.

As for the way sideshow works with preorders. I understand why you would think that. A lot of places, smaller ones, especially will do things this way. But where sideshow differs from a lot of others, it's because sideshow is a distributor. In fact they are the North American distubutor. So places like bbts and toy anxiety and others get their orders from sideshow. And every order placed they get a fee, when they act as distributor. But to because they are essentially the supplier for North America they had to agree to (via contract) a set amount of purchases. And, since this specific figure is a sideshow (or at least has a version) exclusive they also had to agree to a set amount in advance to cover the cost of manufacture as well as so hot toys could make money.

The way you are describing how it would work may be how they deal with some suppliers and manufactors they use. However because they act as the major distributor for Hot toys they can not use just their own preorder over a short period as how they order just wouldn't work. They do not place orders for only their own sales but almost all the other retailers in North America too. As for these things taking up space as you said, that's going to happen either way. Preorders will not fix that. U have the product for other retailers, day of/live sales, and even a portion of the preorders, as they come in and don't instantly go out, and there are instances like what happened with "the wolverine" where it released way early compared to their flexpay schedule and some people will opt for keeping the schedule and that means the figure will stay in the warehouse for at least three months because they honor the original flex schedule.

I just got back from the movie and it was ok. Didn't really care for the ending. The action scenes were cool but all around just an ok movie. Glad I have this on pre-order but I won't be getting anything else from this. Kind of disappointing.

Back