1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Price is too high but still ordered. Love it!

Plus the Man of Steel Superman figure was a fairly bare bones figure. He came with the 1/6th Kryptonian key and 1:1 Kryptonian key. That's it aside from the extra hands and dynamic stand.

Agreed.

Someone compared this release to the latest Thor. Talk about a figure that is bare bones and overpriced. :slap

While this figure is more expensive than the previous ASM figure, in hindsight it's only $20. The lack of a Garfield sculpt is made up with the extra clothing accessories, dynamic stand and EX items- all of which are not a deal breaker for me.

I have the feeling that we will see a Peter Parker release at some point. Since the release of the Coulson figure we've received a Bruce Wayne and Alfred, Steve Rodgers and Bruce Banner. If HT can release those figures, they can surely find a way to package a Peter Parker.

Lol it really exists :lol

46226.jpg

:rotfl:lol

I remember putting those on a Kay-Bee shelf and laughing at each one

They seem to be fond of two packs lately, maybe they'll do a battle damaged spidey with a Peter Parker

I wonder how much battle damage his suit gets in this film. Seems like the most battle damage we've seen to Spidey's suit was the original Raimi film with his fight with the Green Goblin. I'm not sure I'd get a Peter figure unless it was a two pack and came with a second figure I really wanted.

Just saw this. I think it looks excellent and the best looking Spidey thus far. Buuuut that vinyl/rubber stuff the costume is made out of would worry me and don't like.

I agree, great looking suit but the material is unfortunate - I'd pick this up only if I didn't have the Raimi R&B.

Agreed.

Someone compared this release to the latest Thor. Talk about a figure that is bare bones and overpriced. :slap

While this figure is more expensive than the previous ASM figure, in hindsight it's only $20. The lack of a Garfield sculpt is made up with the extra clothing accessories, dynamic stand and EX items- all of which are not a deal breaker for me.

I have the feeling that we will see a Peter Parker release at some point. Since the release of the Coulson figure we've received a Bruce Wayne and Alfred, Steve Rodgers and Bruce Banner. If HT can release those figures, they can surely find a way to package a Peter Parker.

I would be in for a Peter Parker figure, maybe then we will finally get a camera, four spiderman figures from hot toys so far and not one freaking camera yet:slap

Just pre-ordered it now i will custom bash my Black cat in time for him to show.

They seem to be fond of two packs lately, maybe they'll do a battle damaged spidey with a Peter Parker

Agreed.

Extra clothes that most will never use. :lol

Saw the movie today, its overly long by about 45 minutes. He's on screen in the accessories fo all of 5 seconds max
Screen time doesn't matter. The accessories suit Spidey as a character, IMO.

I wish they would just dump the extra useless accessories,it would save us all an extra $40-$50

Who is really going to display Spidey to look like Winter wearing Spiderman?? reminds me of the days in the 90's when Toybiz was putting out 12" fishing gear spidey
Yeah, I'm sure the toque, scarf, backpack, vest and bullhorn are costing $40 or $50 US. *rolls eyes* And to answer your question, I would display him in winter gear, if only the suit didn't look so cheap! :D

Extra clothes that most will never use. :lol
Goddamnit!!! I'll use them (even if it's on ASM3 :D)!! :cuss

Its funny to read this thread people are mad becuase there are too many accesories. You go to another figure thread and they complain that there isnt enough. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. Ever. Ever.

For me it would be an instant buy if it wasn't for the vinyl red. I may feel different if I didnt have the Raimi figure. I waited till the last second on the ASM figure so I will do the same on this one. I do know that this is still a rough proto and there will be changes made before release.

Wouldn't everyone rather have a updated Andrew sculpt over all of these accessories? I wonder if they had a problem getting his likeness for the new movie.
This would be the only figure worth having for the new movie but they have dropped the ball IMHO. Man, the rest of those designs are just over-blown, transformerized, typical Hollywood garbage. The Goblin and the Rhino could be some of the best visuals in the Spidey movie verse but these are just epic fails.

Considering getting this with reward points so it'd be half price, just for a representation of the character as I missed out on the previous releases.

Its funny to read this thread people are mad becuase there are too many accesories. You go to another figure thread and they complain that there isnt enough. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. Ever. Ever.

For me it would be an instant buy if it wasn't for the vinyl red. I may feel different if I didnt have the Raimi figure. I waited till the last second on the ASM figure so I will do the same on this one. I do know that this is still a rough proto and there will be changes made before release.

I don't know Robbie. I think this one may already be boxed up sitting in the warehouse already. Or close to it. October release date doesn't leave any room for material revisions. I think the figure shown is an actual production piece, despite the proto disclaimer.

I'd rather have a better looking suit with the accessories then new sculpt. I don't really use them

I might just wait it out to see if we get a battle damaged version. Haven't seen the movie yet so I don't even know if that's a possibility but I think some rips, tears and blood/battle grunge might help dull down the shiny material. The ASM1 suit bunches terribly when posing and looking at the promo pics, this one isn't going to be any different. What a shame.

I feel like this figure will end up like the original ASM.

Once he comes out and people start posting pics of him posed and looking cool, everyone will feel like he's fun little figure and start picking him up.

Aside from the suit design and the past shoulder problems, most people are giving the Amazing Spider-man figure a lot of props.

I want to buy this figure. I love the film design however, I am not sold on HT translation of film to figure.

I bought the ASM suit for $160 shipped. if I get a similar deal on this one I may pull the trigger......

Last edited:

really gotta watch the movie first to see if I am keeping my PO.

I feel like this figure will end up like the original ASM.

Once he comes out and people start posting pics of him posed and looking cool, everyone will feel like he's fun little figure and start picking him up.

Aside from the suit design and the past shoulder problems, most people are giving the Amazing Spider-man figure a lot of props.
People where posting pictures of asm looking cool? More like posting there defects or for sale.

Back