1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

I just don't see a bad figure here.. I don't know if my excitement over getting a really cool looking Spider Man figure is just shadowing it or what.
The price is about normal to me.. I mean it isn't that much more than what Sideshow or Hot Toys has been putting out.
He comes with a fair amount..I'm not sure what you all were expecting, and I could care less about the extra head sculpt everyone is talking about.
They could probably sell this figure easily without the cool clothes included.. but they aren't.
He's coming with more than the new Thor figure at the same price and the new Wolverine figure.

To me this is the Spider Man figure I've been wanting, and I'm really hoping we see more from this movie.

You know what? You make some excellent points. I still think this is overpriced, but so is the new Thor and especially the new Loki. I really would have preferred if this came in at $215 max, but it didn't. I just put in my PO, not sure I will keep it, but then again, this will probably be the only Spider Man I would ever get.

:lol @ everyone who said this would be cheaper than the first one.
I'm not really too surprised about the price even though I wanted it to be less. The first figure was fairly bare bones except for the Garfield head sculpt. This figure comes with quite a bit of stuff plus the new dynamic stand so I'm not very surprised at it's price. I'm going to put an order in for the exclusive just for the hell of it since there's no nonrefundable deposit. I like the overall look of the figure and think some people are blowing the red vinyl "issue" out of proportion personally.

up_18.jpg
20 bucks or the shiney costume isnt going to stop me from getting this, i think it looks great!(coming from a die hard spidey fan)
the whole look reminds me of an issue of the amazing spiderman, early 300s, mcfarlane was the artist and it was a snow episode
will have to get my comics down later to confirm

I was all set to buy this before I saw the first shots. if they improve the suit, I'm in. As of now... not so much.

I'm not happy with the price aswell. For 220 they could of at least added a headsculpt.

The price is too damn high! $257 for me with tax and shipping.

But even if the people on the boards don't pre order this figure there are still hundreds of people out there that are still going to purchase it, so the the end hot toys gets it's money no matter who it's from.

Every avalanche starts with a snowflake.

I've not seen the movie so don't know why he's got those accessories but he looks hilarious in that hat and jacket over the suit :rotfl ...

I love 'em. Really suits Spidey, IMO (DIY student super-hero). I would definitely have that on display during some winter months, here. Would look nice with a building ledge dio and some fake snow. If only HT would deliver a good Spider-Man, now that they finally have the suit!

Great, delivery restriction to Australia. Fine with me if they don't want my money.

Saw the movie today, its overly long by about 45 minutes. He's on screen in the accessories fo all of 5 seconds max

I wish they would just dump the extra useless accessories,it would save us all an extra $40-$50

Who is really going to display Spidey to look like Winter wearing Spiderman?? reminds me of the days in the 90's when Toybiz was putting out 12" fishing gear spidey

I wish they would just dump the extra useless accessories,it would save us all an extra $40-$50

Who is really going to display Spidey to look like Winter wearing Spiderman?? reminds me of the days in the 90's when Toybiz was putting out 12" fishing gear spidey

Lmao! Thats so true. I duno the vinyl look, those horrible hands, and the price. Lookin like an easy pass for me

Price is fair considering you get the extra hat, vest, backpack, megaphone and scarf (all of which I could care less about) AND the dynamic figure stand (which Hot Toys was selling for about $30 alone).

Hot Toys even tagged the Dynamic Figure Stand with the Starboost (Gemini) Iron Man 3 armor and that increased the price for that one too.

View attachment 104496

That stand also came with MOS Superman didn’t it? That figure was only 200 bucks.

That stand also came with MOS Superman didn’t it? That figure was only 200 bucks.

MoS may have been a cheaper license and I'm willing to bet HT made a ton more of the MoS figure which may have helped offset the cost.

Lol it really exists :lol

46226.jpg

MoS may have been a cheaper license and I'm willing to bet HT made a ton more of the MoS figure which may have helped offset the cost.
Plus the Man of Steel Superman figure was a fairly bare bones figure. He came with the 1/6th Kryptonian key and 1:1 Kryptonian key. That's it aside from the extra hands and dynamic stand.

Back