1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

I guess this just shows hot toys that people are willing to pay any price for a figure. The thing doesn't even have a head sculpt and it's almost the same price as the extremely detailed General Zod. I guess people enjoy telling hot toys that we are excited to start paying $250 for sub par figures at this rate.

Pretty much. Just look at that photo up top in the banner - the Amazing Wrinkling Plastic Man. Horrible.

I have a question if people are "on the fence" about his figure, why not just have the "Exclusive Ver" on pre order just in case they do end up getting it, I mean there no down side to preordering it since there is no NRD. Because it seems other people getup set that they don't pre order the figure to begin with so they miss out. I'm just confused, couldn't you always just cancel at anytime ?

I have a question if people are "on the fence" about his figure, why not just have the "Exclusive Ver" on pre order just in case they do end up getting it, I mean there no down side to preordering it since there is no NRD. Because it seems other people getup set that they don't pre order the figure to begin with so they miss out. I'm just confused, couldn't you always just cancel at anytime ?

Preordering this, could encourage HT to not make any changes.

But even if the people on the boards don't pre order this figure there are still hundreds of people out there that are still going to purchase it, so the the end hot toys gets it's money no matter who it's from.

My thoughts exactly and my main gripe with this figure is more about the lack of Garfield HS than anything else. I felt that this was HT's chance to really improve on the first ASM 1 HS.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Congratulations to everyone getting this POS for their collections.

I'll wait for a proper Spidey. Someday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But even if the people on the boards don't pre order this figure there are still hundreds of people out there that are still going to purchase it, so the the end hot toys gets it's money no matter who it's from.

My statement wasn’t exclusive just to this site, or any site. I was talking about in general, but whoever likes the figure, and is excited for it, should preorder it. I’m just speaking for the people who complain about it, and think it looks subpar, and still preorder it.

Not really if you take into account how many poor figure releases collect dust on the distributor's shelves b/c nobody P/O or bought them.

Looks bad, no Garfield HS and price is once again too much easy pass.

I just don't see a bad figure here.. I don't know if my excitement over getting a really cool looking Spider Man figure is just shadowing it or what.
The price is about normal to me.. I mean it isn't that much more than what Sideshow or Hot Toys has been putting out.
He comes with a fair amount..I'm not sure what you all were expecting, and I could care less about the extra head sculpt everyone is talking about.
They could probably sell this figure easily without the cool clothes included.. but they aren't.
He's coming with more than the new Thor figure at the same price and the new Wolverine figure.

To me this is the Spider Man figure I've been wanting, and I'm really hoping we see more from this movie.

I'll just wait when it gets released and find it for under $200 shipped. Just like Captain America Star Spangled Man.

I'm not head over heels for this figure, but it is the nicest Spider Man representation I think. If they nail the suit down, I'll keep it. If the reviews come in and it's still this vinyl garbage, just cancel and let someone else grab it. No harm no foul. Don't care for an extra head sculpt. Would never use it. Just get the suit right!!!!

My statement wasn’t exclusive just to this site, or any site. I was talking about in general, but whoever likes the figure, and is excited for it, should preorder it. I’m just speaking for the people who complain about it, and think it looks subpar, and still preorder it.

As small of a dent as my money will make to HT I do speak with my money. Although I do like certain aspects of this figure, I'm not happy with the material or the price.

It's a shame, because this is finally the definitive Spider-Man costume on screen and we don't know if they'll mess with it for ASM3. As it stands, now, it's definitely a pass. Supposing there aren't any changes (and I'm thinking there won't be) I'll pick-up the toque, scarf, vest and backpack parted-out on Toy Anxiety or e.Bay, and then hope the ASM3 figure is better.

Well...I guess I'll join in on the anti-material crowd. Really want to buy this as Spider-Man is my absolute favorite along with his rogue gallery and would love to start a 1:6 Spider-Man collection with this but I just can't do it. It looks too cheap.

:lol @ everyone who said this would be cheaper than the first one.

Price is fair considering you get the extra hat, vest, backpack, megaphone and scarf (all of which I could care less about) AND the dynamic figure stand (which Hot Toys was selling for about $30 alone).

Hot Toys even tagged the Dynamic Figure Stand with the Starboost (Gemini) Iron Man 3 armor and that increased the price for that one too.

HOT10494.jpg

Back