1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to pick this up but I?m worried about the black mark on the forehead

I would like to pick this up but I?m worried about the black mark on the forehead
I dont think its too bad under normal lighting. If you put a spotlight on it and zoom in with a camera its maybe a different story. I dont think I would pay over $300 usd for this when there are so many spiderman options though.

I dont think its too bad under normal lighting. If you put a spotlight on it and zoom in with a camera its maybe a different story. I dont think I would pay over $300 usd for this when there are so many spiderman options though.

I have this figure and it has no black spot on the head. There are lots of newer Spiderman figures but none of them has the accurate seamless head neck connection. They all have basically helmets which is totally inaccurate.

I believe that was to eliminate the Turkey neck effect of the mask, correct? But now it makes the head look like a helmet?

I only have the Tobey Maguire Spiderman 3 figure.

While not ideal, the separate head sculpts on the newer Spideys isn?t a dealbreaker for me; in a lot of poses it?s unnoticeable.

The seamless look is hard to pull off in this scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the rumors are true about Tobey and Andrew, I wonder if they’ll each have a new suit for ht to make

I wouldn't need new films with those guys at this point and I can understand why Marvel wouldn't want to do that - but how cool would it be to have those previous films retroactively turned into canon with the MCU.

I think that?s what they are doing . With the dr strange movie they are going to say the fox Xmen films and the earlier Spider-Man movies are all part of the mcu multiverse and that in each universe there exist a different version of the mcu characters

I have a feeling that if, and that’s a big if, they do bring them back, it’ll only be a small cameo.

I think that?s what they are doing . With the dr strange movie they are going to say the fox Xmen films and the earlier Spider-Man movies are all part of the mcu multiverse and that in each universe there exist a different version of the mcu characters

Eh, I hope the MCU doesn't do that...in my opinion that kinda cheapens everything they've built.

Who even owns the right to a Sony Spider-Man toy? I know Sony owns everything movie related to Spidey, but Disney owns all the rights related to Spidey Toys?s

I would assume Disney still owns the rights to Tobey and Andrew Spider-Man in toy form right?

Even if the toys are derived from the PlayStation games.

If anyone is coming back it?s definitely Tobey

I think for both of the Spider-Man you can make arguments about who is coming back.

But I do think it might be better to bring Tobey back and retcon him as the uncle Ben of the MCU universe. I think that would be an emotional twist for both MCU Peter and us as viewers. Especially knowing Raimi is directing DS2.

But I also think it would be nice to introduce Andrew first, as he acts more as MCU Spidey, but more seasoned and experienced, (his portrayal also fits better in the MCU way of portraying characters IMO) and then later on, maybe in Spidey Verse 2 introduce them 3 together.

My problem with Tobey nowadays, is Ive red that he is a proper ****. My brain says Tobey, my heart says Andrew.

I think what would be cool is a Spiderman Shattered Dementions Movie by Marvel with all the Spidermen e.g Tobey, Garfield and Holland plus a few new ones such as Miles being introduced from different realities coming together to fight 1 big enemy suck as Carnage. That would be awesome as hell.

I also recently picked up the Amazing Spiderman 1 Figure and love it. I think it's a very underrated figure, I never knew it was this good till I got it in hand and fell in love with the suit and the headsculpt.

An up to date review! I wonder if HT will revisit this one, or maybe they'll simply reissue it with less/different accessories :lol

I still have this ASM2 Spidey displayed on the shelf, and, in my opinion it still loooks pretty dang good.

The only thing that stopped me from getting this was the red parts on the suit. It does not look like the actual movie costume.

I sold mine off years ago because I needed to clear some space, but this is still my favorite Spidey suit of any movie. I also sold my Deadpool at around the same time, and that's a display combo I'd like to bring back if prices ever drop back down.

Back