1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this Spiderman (design wise) over the Homecoming Spidey. I hate the black pipping on that suit. This Spidey is in my Avengers display case as my go to Spidey.

Totally agree. I like Homecomings colors and the swappable Ditko eyes but this suit design is pure classic Spidey to me.

Soooooo.... Haven't touched my Spidey in the last year and i realized last night that his left leg was loose in the suit. The damn hip broke (no clue how, maybe just deterioration).

Is there a way to remove the suit without damaging it? It doesn't look like there's a way, but i'm asking anyway lol.

He can stand just because the suit is tight and it holds the leg, but i have to forget any other fancy poses...

FB_IMG_1530378735140.jpg

No way to remove the suit unless you unstitch it along the body on the left side where they sewed the body in. But even then unless you switch the body out completely not sure how you’d fix it.

No way to remove the suit unless you unstitch it along the body on the left side where they sewed the body in. But even then unless you switch the body out completely not sure how you’d fix it.

Yeah that's not good. If only i could see what exactly broke. I thought both legs were on the same hip joint, so i don't get why only one leg is loose and the other's still ok.

Totally agree. I like Homecomings colors and the swappable Ditko eyes but this suit design is pure classic Spidey to me.

Having owned both, neither have been 100% for me.

- ASM2 proportions are a bit too attenuated, with a slightly 'alien' head and the eyes look more grey than white. It *is* more poseable, though.

- HC suit has too much black, and while proportions are better overall, there's too much to the hip section in the underlying body, giving that "diaper" look in some poses.

- HC lacks muscle definition/shape in the arms.

Hey guys I want to know does it bother you that this guy got black markings on his head? Thinking of selling this guy because of that.
Slowly fading away my love on this hobby because on some issues. Paying high amount of money and getting issues left and right. (1. Asm 2 black markings 2. smhc bulge heads unposeable)

What body is this - a standard narrow shouldered TrueType or something created just for his release? I need a really thin body like that and I can't think where I've seen one THAT thin.

What body is this - a standard narrow shouldered TrueType or something created just for his release? I need a really thin body like that and I can't think where I've seen one THAT thin.

The body for this release is a modified TT slim. The neck is different and the calves down is different but the build and mechanics for the main body are essentially identical to the slim.

Hey guys I want to know does it bother you that this guy got black markings on his head? Thinking of selling this guy because of that.
Slowly fading away my love on this hobby because on some issues. Paying high amount of money and getting issues left and right. (1. Asm 2 black markings 2. smhc bulge heads unposeable)

It bothered me at first but when displayed in natural lighting, it’s really noticeable that badly. The darker shade of this suit kinda helps blend it in and I can live with it.

Not to mention, who knows when we’ll another classic Spidey figure like this anytime soon. I don’t see Marvel ever gong back to regular non-mechanical eyes like these so the pros outweigh the cons to me.

It bothered me at first but when displayed in natural lighting, it’s really noticeable that badly. The darker shade of this suit kinda helps blend it in and I can live with it.

Not to mention, who knows when we’ll another classic Spidey figure like this anytime soon. I don’t see Marvel ever gong back to regular non-mechanical eyes like these so the pros outweigh the cons to me.

Well said by Jay, for me there is a slight mark and even in artificial light the mark isn't noticeable I wouldn't let that bother you to the point of selling it. I got this one because I wanted a Spider-Man figure 1/6 scale simple as that as I just started collecting such figure scale and wanted to get the characters that I cared for the most in Marvel that Hot Toys has done and ofcourse I'm still not done with that campaign yet I only have 4 Marvel figures.

I also got because comparing it with that homecoming movie even though ASM2 was horrible I feel like Garfield would've been a great Spider-Man had there been better directing story writing etc. The first scene where he's swinging to get to "the scene of the crime" made me like the suit forgetting about the long spider legs and the eye I just attributed them to Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker) eyes. The problem I with my figure is that those stupid legs, when I'm bending his knees, since they made them detachable they will slip out if I don't constantly shove them back in while adjusting the legs in extreme bending positions. Don't know why they made the legs detachable. One thing I can say Sony did get right was keeping the creative side of Peter Parker to where he can make his own suit, not relying on a billionaire hero to do it for you. That "homemade" suit in HC was like he wasn't even trying! Got to give Sony some credit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine was never visible till more recently like early this year. But for me it's still not that bad. I only notice the black on the head cause I was looking for it.

Most likely the only hope we have for another classic Spidey, and even better than ASM2 Spidey, is if HT decides to and get's the OK from marvel to make the Classic Spidey suit from the new PS4 Video game. Then without a doubt for me it would be time to sell this guy off and upgrade. Otherwise I can live with the faint black marks. The HC suit has grown on me, but it's still not as good as what we got from ASM2. The 1st movie was so bad I still haven't even watched ASM2 yet!! But I loved the classic costume look.

Yeah, mine was never visible till more recently like early this year. But for me it's still not that bad. I only notice the black on the head cause I was looking for it.

Most likely the only hope we have for another classic Spidey, and even better than ASM2 Spidey, is if HT decides to and get's the OK from marvel to make the Classic Spidey suit from the new PS4 Video game. Then without a doubt for me it would be time to sell this guy off and upgrade. Otherwise I can live with the faint black marks.

If that happens I'm just going to say goodbye to my money because at the very least I need to get that. I don't have the game because I had to sell my PS4 long ago for now what I consider a ridiculous reason and I've just been hearing and very slightly seeing amazing content from the game and it's killing me little by little that I'm not able to take part in such an AMAZING work all because of a stupid mistake made by me. So if they get that ok that's a big ok buy for me and I don't like getting figures of the same character but I have to make an exception in this case because it's classic classic Amazing Spider-Man suit. Can't pass that up.

The body for this release is a modified TT slim. The neck is different and the calves down is different but the build and mechanics for the main body are essentially identical to the slim.

Thanks Jim. Is the slim the same as a narrow shouldered body?

It bothered me to a point, I tried the eraser and tape method, and it worked. It got rid of most of the black marks.
Take a pink eraser, and lightly apply the eraser on the black marks. Go over it a few times, and then apply masking tape over top of it and remove.
2-3 times should do it.

It bothered me to a point, I tried the eraser and tape method, and it worked. It got rid of most of the black marks.
Take a pink eraser, and lightly apply the eraser on the black marks. Go over it a few times, and then apply masking tape over top of it and remove.
2-3 times should do it.

Got any after pics?

One thing I can say Sony did get right was keeping the creative side of Peter Parker to where he can make his own suit, not relying on a billionaire hero to do it for you. That "homemade" suit in HC was like he wasn't even trying! Got to give Sony some credit.

Seriously, that's your gripe? That a high school sophomore dumpster diving for computer parts didn't make a suit that likely cost millions of dollars?

Peter DID make his own suit. It was just more realistically limited to the resources (not talent) of a 15 year old kid.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Seriously, that's your gripe? That a high school sophomore dumpster diving for computer parts didn't make a suit that likely cost millions of dollars?

Peter DID make his own suit. It was just more realistically limited to the resources (not talent) of a 15 year old kid.

Ok there's a lot more to the gripes section with MCU Spider-Man and his solo movie than just that but keeping simple yeah that is my gripe because without a doubt we both know Spider-Man as a character when it comes to creations of suits I have to say that his first suit in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man looked like he tried putting some thought into it. That suit in homecoming was ridiculous. I'm not saying he needs to make it high tech either but jeez it could've been better you have to admit he looks to Stark for any new upgrades.

EDIT: in Spider-Man 1 close to the same age as Peter in homecoming guess what also made a suit that was realistic to what a 15yr old kid that has the talent to make such a suit only difference there's height difference between those Spider-Man actors.

I have to say that his first suit in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man looked like he tried putting some thought into it. That suit in homecoming was ridiculous.

You remember that THIS is his first suit in that movie, right?
97b194b5dc3a31df1ee24c45a64eb2ca.jpg

It's not much different.

Pete's homemade suit looks like something a 15 year old would put together. It makes sense. In this continuity, Stark takes him under his wing, and Stark is always upgrading everyone's gear. Again it makes sense.

Back