1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome photo, which batch/place is the Spiderman from?

While ASM2 is a universal/comics looking one, the Homecoming is more like a comical version, if you just want a Spiderman, this one seems to be the best one, minus the grease issues

I'm guessing the HK ones are batch 1 with the issues and the Sideshow ones are Batch 2 without any issues?

Any advice or direct ebay link for batch 2?

Thanks in Advance

Edit: I messaged the 2 US ones on Ebay, hoping one of them are Batch 2

That's the case with a lot of qc issues, but believe this one was pretty widespread regardless of where you got it.

I got mine from sideshow and it had the issue with the mask. I don't know if there are specific batches or not where you can identify the issue existing are being resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Awesome photo, which batch/place is the Spiderman from?

While ASM2 is a universal/comics looking one, the Homecoming is more like a comical version, if you just want a Spiderman, this one seems to be the best one, minus the grease issues

Well the black mark wants to show on forehead but doesn't really and from reading what ppl have said here about sideshow's release I'd say "batch 2". Yeah that's all I saw about homecoming: comical then there's the annoying voice of Tom holland's take on young Peter Parker's voice to sit through. Even our future Prowler highlighted Peter's girlish voice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder whether the Exclusive version is free from the issue, I've read several pages, some mentioned they don't have the issue, wondering whether it's possible to distinguish a good one from a bad one

I guess I should request head shots from those who sell them on Ebay, there are some in US

timcent88 seems pretty decent, he directly told about the issue in his listing, I'm guessing the HK ones are all plagued sadly, otherwise there are a lot of HK/China ones on the market

I wonder whether the Exclusive version is free from the issue, I've read several pages, some mentioned they don't have the issue, wondering whether it's possible to distinguish a good one from a bad one

I guess I should request head shots from those who sell them on Ebay, there are some in US

timcent88 seems pretty decent, he directly told about the issue in his listing, I'm guessing the HK ones are all plagued sadly, otherwise there are a lot of HK/China ones on the market

I'd say the exclusives are pretty much free from the issue. I say black mark but I think it's really the black head underneath showing through fabric somehow taking a look from my pic. I'm basing it off my pic because I haven't seen my ASM2 figure for quite sometime because I've been at University for awhile now. It's not a spreading black mark cause that's what I remember it did from watching a video of earlier reviews so I think the black mark I referred to is definitely the black head showing through fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, thanks for the info

Bought a Sideshow exclusive from US, the seller checked and informed me that the head is clear

Not going to go back from the deal but the MMS143 and the MMS165 are pretty good too, especially the MMS165

I guess I can always sell it cheaper transparently if there are issues with it, and get my brother an MMS165, otherwise I'm going to get the MMS165 for myself :)

Started checking the thread for pictures now, on the bright side, there are some nice pictures with figures that have no issues

Bought one for a decent deal :yess: In anticipation of the H.S.M. Spidey, looking forward to see how these two compare.

I'm not sure what batch mine is, but I've had it on display since, and no black marks yet. I guess it's a crapshoot. I'm in Toronto Canada, and I keep mine out of direct sunlight, and on the shelf...
SpideyASM2.jpg

Ours arrived late and highly marked, I tried to return it but the seller didn't accept a return :(

Hey everyone, new to this whole Hot Toys thing however have always loved spiderman. I've always wanted to get one but I was never happy with any spidey suits, until the ASM2.
Anyway I got my hands on one yesterday and can't stop mucking around with it. I wasn't too happy with the standard webbing it came with so decided to make my own. I'll have some more pictures soon but here's 2 for now, hope you guys like!

15426618434_8aa3c52fab_b.jpg

15861451938_8461cc287e_b.jpg

:thud:

When I received my S-M, it arrived with a tad of the black staining, but this did not bother me one bit. However, it arrived with detached wrists! :gah: It bothered me so I came upon another one for under retail, new :yess: So I guess I'll use the first one for posing lol

That aside, wow the detail is amazing, the articulation is good, and it somewhat reminds me of the first Spider-Man (2002-07).

Glad to display it on my shelf

U0TT2Pq.jpg

If anyone is interested I am currently selling both ASM1 and 2 versions. I also have some clothing and body for kitbashing a pretty nice Garfield parker to go along with it.

Back