1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Thanks. After looking at it some more I remember him from the net shot at the Alien. Not the armor, but I'm guessing he's from the movie.

I've seen the AVP is considered its own universe. Are the Predator Omnibus books canon, and, any good?

Be nice to see the AVP ones beside the other Predators in the line.

I don't consider them to be, not sure if very many people do. The Omnibi contain all the Predator comic book stories in order of creation, some of which are very good. The first was Concrete Jungle and it's a spin-off story starring Dutch's brother. Great read even if it's not in the movie.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Looks great but gotta wonder why they put so much more into Celtic then they did Scar? Would have been nice to see them all with bases that match up.

The base is nice but inaccurate they should release and New Grid Alien with Celtic Corpse on it lol.

Because the new body, new head, new AVP amour on Scar is enough to get sales. For Celtic which comes after, they need to do something extra.

Wasn't his re-release the Classic Pred from the Predators line? Surely Hot Toys wont be doing another? If they do I hope it's in 1/4 scale :pray:

I see that this was already answered Tommy but my thoughts on the 'Classic' from Predators is it confused to many casual fans who thought it was the same Predator from '87.

Also the figure we got looked nothing like the Classic Predator from Predators and that Predator was suppose to resemble the Predator from '87, which it failed at. So we basically ended up with a Classic Predator in the Predators movie that was useless and confusing to boot and also a figure that looked nothing like him but resembled the '87 version more.

I think I managed to say that right. :lol

So I'm a big Predator fan will this and Scar look weird next to an Batman 1/6 Collection???

So I'm a big Predator fan will this and Scar look weird next to an Batman 1/6 Collection???

You probably would be adding Chopper to that collection as well buddy. So you could have your own Predator collection as well as the stuff from Batman.

It's not expanded, it's AVP (though some people don't consider it canon). The mask, netcaster gauntlet on his left arm, and lack of abdominal armor differentiate him from Scar.

Also Celtic should not have the left thigh guard

You probably would be adding Chopper to that collection as well buddy. So you could have your own Predator collection as well as the stuff from Batman.

Well i'm limited on space so I have to have my figures together until I get my display cabinet in June...

Re: Hot Toys MMS221 1/6th scale Collectible Figure Alien vs. Predator Celtic Predator

Deceptive base. Must be the Celtic "dream" version.

Already preordered mine yesterday at amiami. The price of Celtic and Scar there is less than 10$ I think. I'm excited for Celtic, the release date at amiami says late June next year.

Love the base! Kinda wish it wasn’t grid though, just because fanboy… :lol
Will probably have Scar on the base with the other two either side. Doing a similar thing with the predators trio and the base from Classic, just need tracker now. Should all look good once completed.

Gotta getme that! Kinda wish Scar had a complimentary base though...

Re: Hot Toys MMS221 1/6th scale Collectible Figure Alien vs. Predator Celtic Predator

Kind of a disappointment for me and looks to similar to scar... I think I'll just be getting the base and perhaps the added wrist blades for scar to make him look cooler.. could always buy the celtic mask/head and interconvert between scar and celtic

I think we have two threads, shall we merge them together?

TOTALLYYYYY BADDASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :panic:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - AVP Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Collectible Fi

Yep. Now I'm buying both Scar and Celtic.

Wish they didn't include shoulder canon with Celtic, would make alotta sence in accuracy and exclusiveness departments.

Your right! They shouldn't add a cannon or even a detachable bio since we never saw him with a cannon or his bio off. Gotta be accurate to the movie like the super preds. We didn't see there faces and no detachable face for them. To be movie accurate we shouldn't be able to see Celtic's face.

Just order 3 pcs of this beast

Don't know why but i still love the old celtic

will they make chopper after this??? what about wolf, etc?

will hot toys remake all predators?

i m pretty sure elder will be made in the future.

Back