1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Might be closer than we think. There is only Chopper and Wolf left of AVP. Unless they start doing the smaller role Preds like Elder.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Would be nice to see a new Alien along with Chopper next before moving on to Wolf and Elder.

If we were to compare this time with last time, last time we were at this stage we had 2 Wolf releases to come, a 2nd city hunter release (BD), the ancient predators, & aliens + variants.

I dont think we will get the aliens, ancients, and a 2nd of city & wolf this time around so i think we will fast forward past a whole load of clutter towards the Jungle Hunter. So he may not be that far away.

Might be closer than we think. There is only Chopper and Wolf left of AVP. Unless they start doing the smaller role Preds like Elder.

Hopefully buddy. But I'm not in a rush just *** long as they do them justice.

Chopper, Wolf, P2 Elder and Jungle Hunter and I will be happy.

If we were to compare this time with last time, last time we were at this stage we had 2 Wolf releases to come, a 2nd city hunter release (BD), the ancient predators, & aliens + variants.

I dont think we will get the aliens, ancients, and a 2nd of city & wolf this time around so i think we will fast forward past a whole load of clutter towards the Jungle Hunter. So he may not be that far away.

Hopefully Wolf this time round is an all in one figure, no need for two variants.

I hate the base! I am not an accuracy stickler, but that base is just so damn unreal :lol

To date I have no interest in any "full" Hot Toys figure but rather parts of them. I want the Celtic Base, I want the BD T-800 head and base and I want The Mime Joker background. Down the road if I can get them at a good price then "deal". If I am unable…no big deal.

But I will not be paying $220+ for I figure I already have Scar/Celtic.

I think we will see Chopper next followed by P2 Elder then Wolf 2.0.

I also think the next time we see Jungle Hunter will be the first 1/4 scale Predator, if they do indeed still plan to move forward with that line.

Believe me I have no love for the AVP film nor am I hugely in love with the Predators design from the movie but I'm going to say that Celtic I think is as close to an accurate Predator that Hot Toys has produced thus far.

Those shots of him seem to confirm that Hot Toys has nailed him. It really looks like a mini me (no jokes please) of Celtic.

HI-RES pg 36 post# 356

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.JPG

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

Check out those faded green stripes on Celtic's unmasked crown. Looks like HT did try to do something different with him, just a subtle paint change.

Also, I was looking at my Scar yesterday and realized that the dread rings aren't actually all copper with a couple silver ones. About half of them are reddish copper and half are an orange-bronze. The difference is so small it doesn't even read, but I'm betting HT was conscious of the color variations. They should've just gone for gold so the three colors would be more distinguishable.

Instant purchase for me as soon as this goes up for pre-order... no question about it.

Seeing how they changed the story around with Celtic and have the dead Grid included with the base, I think it would of been pretty neat if they did that with the Scar and had the head of the dead Queen.

I don't need to buy this, I really don't need it, but there is no way I can see myself passing on it either. :dunno

On a side note man seeing Jungle Hunter in that video and there has never been a better Predator.

I hope Hot Toys do him proud on his re-release.

Wasn't his re-release the Classic Pred from the Predators line? Surely Hot Toys wont be doing another? If they do I hope it's in 1/4 scale :pray:

Wasn't his re-release the Classic Pred from the Predators line? Surely Hot Toys wont be doing another? If they do I hope it's in 1/4 scale :pray:

Well Classic is based off Predators so they still can do another that is accurate to the 87 film.

Well Classic is based off Predators so they still can do another that is accurate to the 87 film.

The AVP Preds seem to look better in figure form due to them looking more 'cartoony' and the extra armour, if that makes sense.

A fully accurate '87 Predator may still be just a dream.

The AVP Preds seem to look better in figure form due to them looking more 'cartoony' and the extra armour, if that makes sense.

A fully accurate '87 Predator may still be just a dream.

Yeah I think I know what you mean, Celtic definitely has a more dynamic look that the actual film version. But I really like that, Celtic might beat out Scar as my new favorite Pred in terms of figures.

If you're not aboard the HT Pred train yet...

[ame]https://youtu.be/lOoOP2l_ahQ[/ame]

I thought it was fundamentally the same Pred though?

Love those hi-res pics of this though, really looking forward to this release :yess:

I thought it was fundamentally the same Pred though?

Love those hi-res pics of this though, really looking forward to this release :yess:

Nah the original Pred has shoulder armor, elbow and knees ties, and the bone trophies. Classic is missing all of those.

Back