1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

I thought it was fundamentally the same Pred though?

These two photos should answer your question...

Classic%20Predator.jpg

classic_predator_by_bulldan-d3474f1.png

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Compare it to KPH's suit from 26 years ago:

predator-056.jpg

It's like what we were saying the other day about the JP T-Rex FX having never being bettered since. The same applies here.

YES!

KPH was irreplaceable a the Predator. They all try to emulate his little quips in the suit but it's all shoddy knockoffs. And as for the suit, it looked like it was real, and alive. The Classic in Predators really looks awful and so goddamn artificial. The 87 suit was the best since it looked like it was aged, dirty and not all pampered like the other preds.

It was such a ****ty deal about KPH dying, especially so young. I always give the "Making of" the first film every so often. He seemed like such a sweet man.

Well Classic is based off Predators so they still can do another that is accurate to the 87 film.

Supposedly they're going to do a 1/4 original Predator and Dutch. This was merely announced two years ago so I'm still waiting. :tap

Supposedly they're going to do a 1/4 original Predator and Dutch. This was merely announced two years ago so I'm still waiting. :tap

That feels like so long ago that they announced it that it felt like it didn't even happen :lol

I'd really like a shot at picking up a 1/6 2.0 Dutch.

this probably already came up, but why is the Grid Alien's head included in the base?

also, is ANYONE going to display this without the Bio mask?:rotfl

I saw the head sculpt and just thought, why even bother?

this probably already came up, but why is the Grid Alien's head included in the base?

also, is ANYONE going to display this without the Bio mask?:rotfl

I saw the head sculpt and just thought, why even bother?

:dunno

Same :hi5:

To anyone who's been collecting longer than I have... how long will this take to go up for pre-order?

Looks like he may be closer than I thought. Those pics are awesome, I cant wait for this guy. I wish this line moved as fast as ironman. I missed the pred craz when it first happened and seeing them is what got me started collecting. Now I have preds and ironmen galore. Bring on the next hunter!

To anyone who's been collecting longer than I have... how long will this take to go up for pre-order?

This guy should be up for preorder within the next 24 hours . I'm loving this !

Without spending a few hours, anyone got a pic of the new AvX Predators beside a human 1/6 fig?

Also, what makes this one Celtic? The base? Sorry I'm new to the Pred extended verse.

Without spending a few hours, anyone got a pic of the new AvX Predators beside a human 1/6 fig?

Also, what makes this one Celtic? The base? Sorry I'm new to the Pred extended verse.

It's not expanded, it's AVP (though some people don't consider it canon). The mask, netcaster gauntlet on his left arm, and lack of abdominal armor differentiate him from Scar.

It's not expanded, it's AVP (though some people don't consider it canon). The mask, netcaster gauntlet on his left arm, and lack of abdominal armor differentiate him from Scar.

Thanks. After looking at it some more I remember him from the net shot at the Alien. Not the armor, but I'm guessing he's from the movie.

I've seen the AVP is considered its own universe. Are the Predator Omnibus books canon, and, any good?

Be nice to see the AVP ones beside the other Predators in the line.

Back