1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Yeah avp elder will show up after celtic

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - AVP Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Collectible Fi

Wish they didn't include shoulder canon with Celtic, would make alotta sence in accuracy and exclusiveness departments.
Your right! They shouldn't add a cannon or even a detachable bio since we never saw him with a cannon or his bio off. Gotta be accurate to the movie like the super preds. We didn't see there faces and no detachable face for them. To be movie accurate we shouldn't be able to see Celtic's face.
you're both right!
to be super accurate to the movie the celtic figure should break ("die") shortly after being taken out of the box.
i'd live with an inaccurate figure with a face and a cannon as it costs like a figure with a face and a cannon.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - AVP Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Collectible Fi

Wow that base is way cool, if not inaccurate. The thing is Grid/Nethead did not get slain by celtic, instead it took out 2 predators all on its own!

I wouldnt mind having a go at making one of those bases myself. I have loads of left over styrofoam from a previous project. I am not sure if i will bother with celtic, he does look too similar to scar, and there are not enough exclusives with him to tempt me out of another £200+

It would of been cool to of given the HS a completely different paint job. Get creative with it, like i know some of the freaks will be doing for sure!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

I don't consider them to be, not sure if very many people do. The Omnibi contain all the Predator comic book stories in order of creation, some of which are very good. The first was Concrete Jungle and it's a spin-off story starring Dutch's brother. Great read even if it's not in the movie.
i loved a book written about that story.
poor language (or just poor translation, didn't find one in english those times), but the feeling was totally "original" for me.
The thing is Grid/Nethead did not get slain by celtic, instead it took out 2 predators all on its own!
there's no way any alien would take out any predator anyway, they have too big difference in stamina & strength :)
tsang always does everything against the movie, but this time is the second time after scar he got it corrected, not spoiled )

I am not so sure. The xeno's have their speed and stealth. The predators are for sure big and strong, but an alien could get the slip on them, and put a tail through their back, or a deadly take down pounce.
Grid really should of been finished off by scar before he left the temple. He owed it to his fallen brothers and to us, the hardcore Pred fans!

I am not so sure. The xeno's have their speed and stealth. The predators are for sure big and strong, but an alien could get the slip on them, and put a tail through their back, or a deadly take down pounce.
no they couldn't, because predator bodies resist even bullets reaching internal organs (shot predators in P1/P2 stay alive while weapons used to shoot them are heavy), and a bullet has a lot higher speed and hit force than a slow and big alien tail or mouth.
that's all. a predator can just stand and do nothing, but his body is too tough to get any lethal damage from any animal hit. everything shown in avp movies about "hit through a predator body or skull bone" is either silly - or those creatures are not predators.

...as for the speed... nobody could ever chase or outrun a (healthy) predator + he runs&jumps in three dimensions (aliens don't jump), while aliens 2 were outrun by wounded people, and alien 3 - the RUNNER - -could not-(deleted) missed almost everybody he chased in straight small corridors :D

Last edited:

no they couldn't, because predator bodies resist even bullets reaching internal organs (shot predators in P1/P2 stay alive while weapons used to shoot them are heavy), and a bullet has a lot higher speed and hit force than a slow and big alien tail or mouth.
that's all. a predator can just stand and do nothing, but his body is too tough to get any lethal damage from any animal hit. everything shown in avp movies about "hit through a predator body or skull bone" is either silly - or those creatures are not predators.

...as for the speed... nobody could ever chase or outrun a (healthy) predator + he runs&jumps in three dimensions (aliens don't jump), while aliens 2 were outrun by wounded people, and alien 3 - the RUNNER - could not missed almost everybody he chased in straight small corridors :D

Absolutly right P. :hi5:

I would have liked Celtic to kill Grid however I understand why they felt the need to have him kill Celtic. They needed a hero alien to go with the hero Predator. I was still gutted Celtic died though.

Cool scene.:rock

alien20vs20predatoruv4ml3.gif

will they make chopper after this??? what about wolf, etc?

will hot toys remake all predators?

i m pretty sure elder will be made in the future.

I'm sure they will make Chopper next. With the release of Celtic, it pretty much guarantees it as people will want to complete the trio (I know I do!).

They'd be stupid not to as they have practically all of the parts for it now. They just need to make a new mask and those skull poles.

As for who's after Chopper, I'd say it's either an AVP or P2 Elder. I'd be happy with either although I personally would prefer P2 as long as they get the head sculpt correct. Then I think Wolf will be next.

I'm sure they will make Chopper next. With the release of Celtic, it pretty much guarantees it as people will want to complete the trio (I know I do!).

They'd be stupid not to as they have practically all of the parts for it now. They just need to make a new mask and those skull poles.

As for who's after Chopper, I'd say it's either an AVP or P2 Elder. I'd be happy with either although I personally would prefer P2 as long as they get the head sculpt correct. Then I think Wolf will be next.

They should have just released Chopper at the same time as Celtic. If there's going to be several months between PO's and releases it could well be 2015 pushing 2016 before we see a new Wolf as I think it will be Chopper and P2 Elder next.

Cant for get the temple guards ancient predators hope they come soon

Thanks for the HiRez pics Centrocal. I have an ASUS 24inch monitor with sRGB mode and the pics really show true color detail in high res with sRGB. I know the price will be up for this one, and I have given up on SSC Star Wars, not Hot Toys ones, but these are really worth the $.

They should have just released Chopper at the same time as Celtic. If there's going to be several months between PO's and releases it could well be 2015 pushing 2016 before we see a new Wolf as I think it will be Chopper and P2 Elder next.

Maybe, put it takes a really long time to produce just one figure. If they did a dual release (which they've never done before), it would probably just double the time for them to get released at the same time anyway. I'd rather have one Celtic sooner in June than a Celtic and Chopper next October.

I would say AVP elder will be the next after celtic

A proper order would be for them to release chopper, then wolf, then save elder for last. All fans of predator want elder so it would be a smart marketing ploy.

I would have liked Celtic to kill Grid however I understand why they felt the need to have him kill Celtic.

Bcuz the whole thing was written by Paul Anderson and he's an ALIENS fan :dunno
That's why Predators in this movie are fantasy savages and not hunters of some high-tech race from outer space.

Last edited:

I never realized that Celtic was missing the abdominal armor and left thigh armor! I thought they all had the exact same look minus the masks and few minor differences (forearm blades and pole skulls). Too bad he has his left thigh armor on still. Maybe they will change that although I doubt it. People would probably think they are missing it and complain. Either way it's not too big of a deal.

I like that he's a little bit unique from Scar. I'm thinking of posing him first with his right armor and shoulder plate off to give more of a primal look. Also with his battle damage mask! Looks so sick with the scratch marks. I'm really glad Hot Toys included both versions!

Hot toys says:

NEWLY LAUNCHED:AVP: 1/6TH SCALE CELTIC PREDATOR COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

So does that means preorder is available?

Bcuz the whole thing was written by Paul Anderson and he's an ALIENS fan :dunno
That's why Predators in this movie are fantasy savages and not hunters of some high-tech race from outer space.

There's that too.:lol

Back