1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the first Soldier of Fortune figure, but it's a pretty solid figure. I did pickup some loose stuff to improve my bash though. The hs on Skull's bash is from KIT on EBAY. I have the same bash too using that hs.

14199850962_3873ad327e_h.jpg

Hi Guys.

Just Thought I would post a pic of the bike. As I said it is waiting on the stickers. No Inkjet vinyl water slide paper at the moment. I too went for the basketball look for Lee. Used a Heads Play sculpt which I repainted a little. ACI muscle body, White pants., black T-shirt and Barneys brown shoes. I also put together his neck chain.

I think the bike is the same as Skull's. I totally stripped it down and repainted. That was a real pain. The factory paint wont take most model paints on top so the whole thing had to be rubbed down. Used Ducati red and brilliant white for the new job.

I will post a show case soon so please stay tuned.

Kindest regards

Snaz

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_3189.000.jpg

Updated collection pics of the Expendables all together:

15697628568_c545392a55_h.jpg

15883151231_eed43386a8_h.jpg

Always exciting to see what you come up with DA,I love it!I wanted a complete original crew myself once,but there is too much money going into finding individual parts for so many figures,plus...there is not a single good Randy Couture headsculpt out there as far as i know.

I had Art Figures Statham and Lundgren which i was planning on keeping,but having some of the crew,i was tempted to go on.So i sold both so i wouldn't be tempted :lol
Now if Art figures made a Crews and Couture i would reconsider.

Always exciting to see what you come up with DA,I love it!I wanted a complete original crew myself once,but there is too much money going into finding individual parts for so many figures,plus...there is not a single good Randy Couture headsculpt out there as far as i know.

I had Art Figures Statham and Lundgren which i was planning on keeping,but having some of the crew,i was tempted to go on.So i sold both so i wouldn't be tempted :lol
Now if Art figures made a Crews and Couture i would reconsider.

Thanks for the compliments Rock :duff I think KP did a pretty good job on their Couture & Crews head sculpts, but I would definitely love to see AF make them.

Here are a few pics of Ross 2

16332270828_5fe2e11950_c.jpg

16518272441_4e7d29d4b9_c.jpg

15897401864_e54ea95312_b.jpg

16493970776_1066bbec63_h.jpg

15899809393_aa3bef5b36_c.jpg

16332264728_4d13f30258_b.jpg

16333696309_43f8e31683_k.jpg

15899807993_12751ec143_k.jpg

I see you have the Rambo 3 knife on your Barney.Did you ever get the knife from the Play Toy JCVD figure?A little oversized,but very accurate.

I did add a few things to him from Barney 1 part outs. I got him the knife/sheath & chain. Never picked up the Play Toy set. Have you seen this one? Gonna wait and get that knife instead. It even has the symbol on it :yess:

attachment.php

10959293_695198863925944_2442283297903926966_n.jpg

Should be out in April :wink1: AF is still making the Soldiers of Fortune line :)

Yeah this knife is even better and im getting it myself for Barney.

Since you have went all in on the expendables crew,you don't collect props from the trilogy do you?By props i mean the knives off course.

I didn't get the Expendables Bowie and Toothpick that came out. They look badass, but I would probably go with a collection of Rambo's version 1 & 2 first. Now those are some blades to own.

I own those from united cutlery.But i also have both Toothpicks,both Rambo 3 knives(the second one from the Minefield scene) and boot dagger,Rambo 4 machete handmade by the knifemaker that made Stallone those knives for use in the movies.Yeah they werent cheap,i had to sacrifice some collectibles for those.I posted pics of them in my collection thread a while back.
Never had the Jimmy Lile knives(First Blood Part 1 and 2) and they go for crazy money now and im not willing to spend that kind of money.I do own the cheap United Cutlery ones though.

Ive also talked to the scrimshaw artist behind the logo on the knives,he offers some cool stuff like Barney's cigar cutter with the expendables logo and a mammoth ivory pendant Sly wore during production.I bought the Pendant,wanted the cigar cutter too,but the price was a little higher than i was willing to spend.

Here is the pendant and cigar cutter from his work desk with the handmade bowie.

214wm4i.jpg

vz8woi.jpg

Awesome collectibles man. I would love the cigar cutter, but it would have to be cheap, so I could actually use it :lol Going to check out your thread again cause it's been awhile. I would love to pickup some knives and thought about getting one of the toothpicks. I might just do that next month cause that would be pretty cool to add to the Expendables collection.

16342010688_0abd76c630_h.jpg

15907103614_b5c886e8fb_b.jpg

Last edited:
The Cigar Skull cutter is 500$ and last time i spoke to him and purchased the pendant,he had 9 left of 100.That was back in August.

Would be fun to try to find information about the maker of the Lucky Ring,but i know it wouldn't be affordable based on what that thing is made of :lol

What knife are you getting?Handmade or the cheaper united cutlery ones?

I'm out on the cigar cutter :horror :lol My $20 Diesel cutter works fine :wink1: Thinking the cheap toothpick would do the job for me. Maybe Dolph's bowie too. Those would look freaking cool next to each other. Nice collection by the way. A lot of your pics are gone now, but I was able to see your Rambo and Expendables knives. They are beautiful Rock :clap

Yeah i haven't been very active as i don't buy as much anymore.Not a big DC and Marvel guy obviously :lol

Back