1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the pic I was talking about, found in Facebook, by Siuping

278c44d542807a2bdf116019dba16093.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

In that album there is another pic of him wearing the mask from a side angle and you can see that the mask is raised and not sitting flush against the face

EDIT: Here is the pic I was referring to
2nlhavb.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. Not exactly like the proto shown at all but the avp preds were not pretty at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Damn, this guy turned out ugly. Think I actually prefer the original sculpt. Mandibles had more dimension and sense of membranous "stretch" in the sculpt.

Think HT should just be done with Preds now. They are just side jobs now to keep the license live. So much for that updated P1 1/4 scale...

In that album there is another pic of him wearing the mask from a side angle and you can see that the mask is raised and not sitting flush against the face

EDIT: Here is the pic I was referring to
2nlhavb.jpg
that's how it would actually sit on any AVPator anyway.
because helmets have a narrow beak to fit original predators beak made of closed mandibles, and AVP/AVPR features completely different faces with wide mouths that doesn't close.
so it's more correct than movies themselves :lol

What pisses me off besides the overall sculpt not looking as good is the hair. On the proto they had nice long avp style hair done right for a change, but now the figure has the same medium length hair that scar and celtic have. Why the hell did they change the hair?

What pisses me off besides the overall sculpt not looking as good is the hair. On the proto they had nice long avp style hair done right for a change, but now the figure has the same medium length hair that scar and celtic have. Why the hell did they change the hair?

Their AVP Scar,Celtic dreadlocks had 3 circles ring there,the Elder only have 2 same as exactly their prototype,but for some reason not sure why the length and thickness slightly different on final product,guess must be production issue.

that's how it would actually sit on any AVPator anyway.
because helmets have a narrow beak to fit original predators beak made of closed mandibles, and AVP/AVPR features completely different faces with wide mouths that doesn't close.
so it's more correct than movies themselves :lol

I second that ! Looks better and natural with that way..hopefully it wont messed up those quills tho

The hair HOTTOYS! Why the faq whould you changed the hair! The elder should have a nice long hair just like it does in the god damn movie! This would've been a decent figure if you have done the right job but you have to fucxed this one up! I was so looking forward to this figure, Fuxx you Hottoys, fuxx you!

The hair HOTTOYS! Why the faq whould you changed the hair! The elder should have a nice long hair just like it does in the god damn movie! This would've been a decent figure if you have done the right job but you have to fucxed this one up! I was so looking forward to this figure, Fuxx you Hottoys, fuxx you!

566581_1288016716757_full.jpg

attachment.php

I saw Neny Dee's review earlier. I still think this figure looks pretty good. I have all the other 2.0 releases - I might as well get this one too

Hmm not sure if i should keep or cancel. If i cancel then that 25$ deposit is wasted, but i can also use the money from this figure towards something else instead. I'm conflicted and i hate that.

I feel the same way . I've been collecting Hot Toys Predators for almost 10 years now . I still have my whole collection . Would be strange to stop now .

The actual movie Elder face was a piece of **** and so very laughable, people should not be so surprised with HT final result.

I feel the same way . I've been collecting Hot Toys Predators for almost 10 years now . I still have my whole collection . Would be strange to stop now .

I did too for the most part, but avp was my limit. I got the Celtic but I passed on the others. But I think I have 12 predators or so and I need a new theme so I started to change direction to DC. Big pass on marvel and Star Wars . I feel bad for the army building people with Star Wars , it's got to cost a fortune

Yea I just can't afford to start collecting Star Wars figures . Predator , alien , terminator , some avengers stuff , Asmus toys Lord of the rings and Ancient figures from 303 toys , Kaustic plastic , Aci and coo model are already way more then I can handle .

Back