1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely looks cooler masked,but judging saw in person unmask isn't that bad IMO.

14348937_10209045319601962_1764383157_n.jpg

Just got this guy and I love him. Though there is some slight discrepancies in his Head Sculpt. Mainly with the paint apps as Nenny Dee pointed out in his review on youtube. Comparing the pictures below it looks like HT should have done a darker wash in the crevice's of his face and a medium brown brim fading into the darker brown of his head crown.

So here is a movie still:
7d4e94778c059e070029cb893d02a00c.jpg

And here is the figure Headsculpt:

Photo%2015-10-2016,%203%2016%2036%20AM.jpg

Just got one of these on ebay for $209.50! Can't wait to get him in, my Scar and Machiko just doesn't seem complete without a third one from the same clan. Always run in 3's! :)

Yeah price with $50 bucks off is a good deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

you guys think he will go lower at some point? I think Predator 2 Elder went to $190 once or lower?

I think AVP is a nice design BUT you really only need one in your collection for it to shine and stand out. One you get a second or third makes the display look messy! If you don't have the others get this one. If you do there's really no need!

I think I am going to cash in rewards points to get him and then use the money saved to find an artist to re-paint his head. I agree with Neny Dee's review and the film still shots of Elder in AvP just look a lot darker than the figure release. Hoping to not go over too much with the custom cost, if any, from the original retail SS price.

UPDATE: Sold out. :(

I have a spare head dxdave it's the new 2.0 and it looks really good and is like new. let me know if you want to snag it.

if only I could win the lottery then I would take HT top sculptors and painters and put them on my personal payroll LOL!
They wouldn't have to work near as much either main focus on Terminator and Predator......NO Iron Man's at all!!!!

Every few months I toy with the notion of getting this guy, but always decide against it because of how underwhelming he turned out. I was particularly disappointed in this one because I enjoyed the original 2007 version so much and really dig the design in general.

Well, that time has come once again, but tonight I did some Photoshopping to try and figure out what I could do to salvage the figure if I finally go through with it.

For me, the eyes are actually not that big of a problem -- it's the giant forehead and the lack of definition along the brows and inner crown. Some shading in those areas ought to minimize the size of the forehead and restore the detail we saw on the prototype. Shading the base of each quill would add polish as well. I made a little animated GIF using a shot from Neny Dee's video to compare the factory paint with what I'm thinking to attempt.

ht-avp-Elder-Edit.gif

Another thing I've noticed is that the quill placement on these seems to vary from figure to figure. On some, the quills stick out more to the side of the head, making them feel cheap. On others, they follow the "flow" of the crown more closely and this is ideal. I wonder if it's possible to apply some heat to the rogue quills and try to coax them to better follow that flow.

The quills aren't as big a priority as the forehead, but this seems like one of those figures where every little thing you fix will go a long way.

Back