1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some photos of mine - I decided to pass on the video review....really "generic" feeling on this relaese. :dunno

19.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

More photos: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2016/07/hot-toys-elder-predator-20-avp16-mms325.html

But to admit...the original suit also had some issues on the eye balls - looks def. too cartoon like:
comp.jpg

With some filters it gets better, but in bright light...omg...
mod2.jpg

3.jpg

I think i will keep my order but it def has flaws. The head has no where near enough quills. Also the skinny body makes the head look big in a lot of shots, or the head makes the body look skinny don't know.

So not really feeling this figure, huh, zeno?
Could you elaborate more?

The vid review of my buddy Neny Dee really sums it up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtoks8DvpA). If I'd put the figure under my bright daylight bulb spotlights it would look absolutely terrible. You gotta play with the shadows and then it works. There are some neat add-ons like the well sculpted spear and mask with the cereomonial strings and ornaments, but it does not justify the price tag. Especially the HK premium price at release date (around 300 usd).

It's a "solid" release apart from the headsculpt though. No surprises, just a streamlined version of the first release. Def. a completionist piece.

The orignal P2 Elder was a huge step ahead 2 year ago, this AvP one....not so much, but it fits OK with the other AvP 2.0 products.

17.jpg

The product is naturally disappointing because the source material was a piece of ****. Can't really put HT down. There's no way I can see this in my collection...

The product is naturally disappointing because the source material was a piece of ****. Can't really put HT down.
:exactly:

the figure is boring, but so was the movie variant.

and red cape on a creature who doesn't distinct colors is as stupid as teletubbies.

Ok another thing that bothers me with these avp 2.0's is the crappy job they are doing with the forehead scars. Instead of sculpting it onto the head and applying paint, they just paint it on and it looks really cheap.

I never liked the led lights on the Predators (specially the black wire and the connectors, also the visual inside the mask and the fact that I like my predators holding their masks). I don't actually care for electronics on my figures in general, but in the Predators mask, I actively disliked it.

That said, the predators I like are the P2 Elder and shadow.

I really enjoy the visual of the cape on this predator (although I completely agree that it makes no sense, since he can't see colors). I am really liking it and I don't see all the problems some are pointing (I'm not saying they are wrong, I just don't see it as problems, per see).

My favorite Predator, "facewise" is the P2 Elder, but I do like this one (specially due to the differences, which makes it like a different "ethnicity", in my mind).

Yeah those light gimmicks never added anything to them, don't like it either. And on the scar and celtic the switches were really hard to reach.

Money saved for sure.

Like a said previously, probably the worst looking Predator in the history of the franchise and he sure got an equally worst looking figure counterpart.

I don't care what the naysayers think, this looks good to me. He's gonna look boss standing in between my 2 ancient predators holding his mask and spear

I don't care what the naysayers think, this looks good to me. He's gonna look boss standing in between my 2 ancient predators holding his mask and spear

Good on you mate, that's exactly the way it should be. :clap

Just wish HT would get around to Jungle Hunter and Wolf 2.0, more deserving characters to be attended to than this Predator.

Question, can his mask fit?
I've seen the pics with him wearing it but is it practical or will it damage the figure?

You can put him on by blue-tack if the unmask face isn't so much for the choice,just not fit properly well because it make not for that purpose.

avpelder9abbab7d0a20cf48693.jpg

I just took a look at Big Bad toy store and noticed that the P2 Elder predator is still available . I'll go out on a limb and say that's the finest work Hot toys has ever done with there entire predator line . He's absolutely fantastic !! The paint work on P2 Elder is almost perfect .The fact that he's not sold out yet might be the reason Hot toys didn't invest heavy with paint application with this guy . Who knows ??

I just took a look at Big Bad toy store and noticed that the P2 Elder predator is still available . I'll go out on a limb and say that's the finest work Hot toys has ever done with there entire predator line . He's absolutely fantastic !! The paint work on P2 Elder is almost perfect .The fact that he's not sold out yet might be the reason Hot toys didn't invest heavy with paint application with this guy . Who knows ??

I'd agree, this is my favourite predator that I own. I'm surprised more people haven't bought him.

I am somehow addicted to Predator elders, I love AVP red cape Elder, even more than P2's one
But this really ****s me because of it's quality, first off the sculpt is just 50/100, can't really feel the Red Cape Elder here, Scar predator was so much better
Second the paint job is so off, but we all know HT these days...
I am really worried about the last but not least predator : Wolf! it has a lot of fans, it shouldn't be hard to sculpted so please don't fuxx this one up. I think it would be my last pred to collect due to the low quality of recent HT predators, even the P2 Elder, it doesn't really look like the production one at all compare to NECA's

Back