1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

I'd love the very stylish coat that this guy wears to the Avengers party, thats awesome

To clarify, I was talking about The Dark World armored version. I have it, but it's boxed up and I can't check it out right now, but I'm pretty sure the two extra discs it came with are to fill the holes if you want to display it without the cape.

View attachment 153013

Oh wow alright, that's interesting then. I didn't even know it came with extra discs. Alright well I might just buy the Dark World version then and maybe just buy the newer tunic like the original plan. I must ask though since you have it in hand, what other gold bits are there on the figure other than the discs, if any? Just so I know what parts I would maybe have to buy.

I don't think they can really add anything else to his outfit now other than a helmet then, eh? We're only gonna see him in three other films after AOU, one of them a two parter.

Only the discs that hold the cape are removable on the TDW Thor, both versions. The rest are attached on the tunic. Even if they change it for AoU, it would be useless to buy just the discs as you can take the ones on the TDW off.

The Y-shaped detail on the chest part of the tunic is also gold in TDW, as well as the "buckle" below it.

Cape on the "AoU Thor Proto" is fabric, and has some signs of wear as it's possible that it's part of the same proto they used for last year's shows to promote the TDW figures.

I may be tempted to buy a sleeved version since I already have the LA Thor. I bet the sleeves and silver accents will look good

I agree. May have to go to SSC and get sleeved version for sure.

Only the discs that hold the cape are removable on the TDW Thor, both versions. The rest are attached on the tunic. Even if they change it for AoU, it would be useless to buy just the discs as you can take the ones on the TDW off.

The Y-shaped detail on the chest part of the tunic is also gold in TDW, as well as the "buckle" below it.

Cape on the "AoU Thor Proto" is fabric, and has some signs of wear as it's possible that it's part of the same proto they used for last year's shows to promote the TDW figures.

Ahh okay thank you very much. Oh is the chain mail on the body actually part of the body or is that an undersuit? And all the metal looking parts on the pants and shin guards and such are all silver and not gold?

Wait why is it useless to buy the discs? My plan is to just buy TDW Thor and just buy the AOU Tunic and extra discs for the cape to just essentially have the Dark World Thor with silver accents instead of gold. That's my goal.

Ahh okay thank you very much. Oh is the chain mail on the body actually part of the body or is that an undersuit? And all the metal looking parts on the pants and shin guards and such are all silver and not gold?

Wait why is it useless to buy the discs? My plan is to just buy TDW Thor and just buy the AOU Tunic and extra discs for the cape to just essentially have the Dark World Thor with silver accents instead of gold. That's my goal.

Sorry, I noticed on my original comment that I had a typo -- it's supposed to be "can't", as in "you CAN'T take the ones on the TDW off", thus making the new discs from the AoU version useless even if HT makes them removable this time, because you won't be able to take off the other 4 discs on the TDW tunic.

I missed the boots too! Yes, the accents on the TDW boots are also gold. As for the chainmail, the chest part of the armored version has "armored parts".

If you don't have TDW Thor, getting the AoU version might actually be cheaper and mean less trouble for you.

$_35.JPG

I was waiting on this one because I wanted the Thor 2 version with silver, instead of the gold accents, but not at the cost of having bare arms. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until Avengers 3:lol

I was waiting on this one because I wanted the Thor 2 version with silver, instead of the gold accents, but not at the cost of having bare arms. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until Avengers 3:lol

I'm glad I'm not the only person who wants this.

The AOU Thor also has a small blue shirt (tank top) with silver details under the armor that TDW Thor did not have. It actually really helps to cover up the shoulder joint where the arm connects to the body.

The AOU Thor also has a small blue shirt (tank top) with silver details under the armor that TDW Thor did not have. It actually really helps to cover up the shoulder joint where the arm connects to the body.

I'd like if that was on the Light Thor

That's actually inaccurate shirt, probably a placeholder for HT. His top armor should be the one that's shaped slightly differently to create a smaller arm hole, there is no visible tank shirt of the actual AOU outfit.

This photo seems to show that there is some kind of blue shirt/tank top/thing under the armor. Asgardian undershirt.

Attachments

• thor4.jpg
    thor4.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 241

I don't know if anyone notice. The pattern on the round metal pieces on his short looks different

This photo seems to show that there is some kind of blue shirt/tank top/thing under the armor. Asgardian undershirt.

Well damn, you're right.

I think the pattern on the edges of the HT is probably too prominent. Or are they even supposed to be there at all?

So this is basically the same Thor outfit except the gold has been repainted silver and there is a blue undershirt to help cover up the armpit joint. Slight improvement, but not enough to get it. With a new Terminator, and Star Wars coming out this summer I'll save my money for what HT yields from those franchises. I'm really hoping for a 1/6 diecast endoskeleton!!!

That's a Wife Beater. I'd say it's just for Chris' comfort, and it gets removed in post production.

Hey fellow freaks, for those of u with figures that have exposed muscular rubber arms like LA Thor, Arnie and Stallone figs, have u had any problems with rubber deterioration?

I've never had such figure before, but am a little worried about the longevity of those rubber arms. Would appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Back