1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

I have the Light Asgardian Armor version so I don't see a need to upgrade Thor personally. I realize the final head sculpt will probably be different, but the actual outfit isn't different enough and I like the version I have.

So happy they kept the tunic design from TDW. No more shiny-pants look. I miss the chain mail arms though.

Maybe the movie promo edition this time will be the armored version, if it gets less screentime in AoU like sleevelss was in TDW?

:lol

Head is about the same as is the costume with slight differences. Probably will still get still but I really like my TDW Thor so not sure.

Bought the armored TDW one so getting this version isn't much of a debate for me.

Hope they refine the arms a bit with some texture like Arnie's commando arms... looks a bit too smooth and rubbery for me.

I'm not sure how people are getting that this is a "placeholder" This is what he looks like in AoU, its the same suit from TDW w/ no gold accents.

I'm not sure how people are getting that this is a "placeholder" This is what he looks like in AoU, its the same suit from TDW w/ no gold accents.

Look again. There are more details than your eyes can see, obviously.

Look again. There are more details than your eyes can see, obviously.

But its obviously not in the same color scheme, I've seen the color gold before, and considering the Light Armor is sitting a foot and half away from me, its not the same suit. The sculpt might change but thats his AoU suit, just like the one Cap is in, and just like the one BW is in.

I figured they would have given him jointed arms this time around... that would have been the reason to get the new one. If I ever get another Thor it'll be the armored version.

The paint on the arms is already peeling...what a joke Hot Toys!

The paint on the arms is already peeling...what a joke Hot Toys!

Definitely some paint scuff on that right arm, even the people posing figures for Hot Toys are not immune to rubbing that arm against something lol

I was waiting for this one because I didn't like the gold on TDW Thor.

Haha! Someone who shares the same opinion on me with the silver! :hi5: I hope I can just take the tunic and pants from this figure and just put it on the sleeved Dark World Thor.

Part of me still does hope that they come out with a sleeved version for AOU. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I'll probably get this... I didn't like the "Light armor" version of TDW thor, so I got the armored one... I do like this un-armored look though. I do believe they won't use the same headsculpt, although this one is pretty good... I hope they make the hair actually blond and give him an aggressive facial expression if they do make a new one.

Also, i'm getting sick of reading all the "it's the same figure" B.S. in the past week... It's pretty clear that these people either don't have an eye for detail or they just like to complain about things they don't want (makes perfect sense :dunno) If you don't want it, don't buy it and ignore the thread instead of repeating something that has been said multiple times... Though it is similar, It's clearly not the same... but some people who bought the light armor version of TDW thor must be butt-hurt. Just remember not everyone bought the sold out light armor TDW thor. This will have a market whether you think it will or not. This is likely not the final product.

Last edited:

He looks like TDW Light Armor version to me. Still a nice figure, but if you have that version the only difference looks like the figure stand, unless they're just using the TDW version as a stand-in.

I think it is, I hope its a place holder, like hulk, and will be change later. I want a new head for AOU at least or I will not buy

I'm guessing it's a placeholder as far as head sculpt at least. I have the light armor sleeveless version and the regular version so I would think HT will give buyers of TDW enough reason to buy this one other than simply a couple of cosmetic tweaks to the costume and a new nameplate. Regardless I think this looks great, and I'll be getting because Thor is a favorite character. No plans to sell the light armor. And not sure what all the "gotcha" fuss is about anyway. It's not like those are going for $400- $500.

On an unrelated note I've noticed in the trailer and stills Hemsworth looks about 15-20 pounds lighter this go around. I don't think he had enough time between movies to put on the extra muscle needed for Thor, so a little surprised they went with the sleeveless look. If you look at some of the stills of Cap and Thor side by side, Thor looks like a 190 pound Asgardian weakling beside a 210 pound super soldier in a padded uniform.

Last edited:

Instant pass. I already have TDW sleeveless. Don't need another.

I think they will make a sleeve version.
Mh8Syrv.jpg

Back