1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about that. Yes I have that axe and it fits with the figure size wise, but it is quite heavy and hard for the figure to keep it in a good position. It keeps twisting and dropping down. There is no way she could ever hold it over her head and stay upright. Holding it in a down position like she is pictured is pretty much the only pose and that will take some futzing with.

I also did add some parts to mine. See original post.

So I take it the Axe is metal then? Or just a solid heavy plastic. I thought for sure it was plastic as none of the descriptions ever mentioned it was diecast. Would still love to see a pic of your Thor holding it instead of Stormbreaker.. :)

So I take it the Axe is metal then? Or just a solid heavy plastic. I thought for sure it was plastic as none of the descriptions ever mentioned it was diecast. Would still love to see a pic of your Thor holding it instead of Stormbreaker.. :)

Yeah it is metal. Here's the pictures of Thor holding it. He dose better than the female Thor.

DSC06453 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06452 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr4

DSC06451 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06450 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Yeah it is metal. Here's the pictures of Thor holding it. He dose better than the female Thor.

DSC06450 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Thanks so much for posting those... :duff

Glad to hear it's actually metal.

Looks surprisingly good considering it's from ACPlay. Only problem/complaint would be the handle is a little to short... The axe head could be a little longer and curved at the bottom, but I'll take it. Glad I picked it up parted out as I doubt we'll ever see his Jarnbjorn axe in the MCU.

Thanks so much for posting those... :duff

Glad to hear it's actually metal.

Looks surprisingly good considering it's from ACPlay. Only problem/complaint would be the handle is a little to short... The axe head could be a little longer and curved at the bottom, but I'll take it. Glad I picked it up parted out as I doubt we'll ever see his Jarnbjorn axe in the MCU.

My pleasure. I totally agree about the size. I never planned to use it on my Lady Thor. I should tell you the hammer she is holding in not the diecast one but the plastic light up one that was really light compared to the metal hammer. It works perfectly for her.

My pleasure. I totally agree about the size. I never planned to use it on my Lady Thor. I should tell you the hammer she is holding in not the diecast one but the plastic light up one that was really light compared to the metal hammer. It works perfectly for her.

If only the axe was just a tad larger... :( So close to being perfect.

View attachment 452877

But I'll take it... :) Doubt they'll ever be another option.

Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of that Bad Tomato MCU movie Stormbreaker version. Thought about getting it. But since HT is doing another run of Infinity War Thor I think I'm gonna get him. I know it's a little small as well.. Ironic. :lol

But I meant I doubt we'll ever see the actual comic version Jarnbjorn axe. Thor's actual weapon he used in the comics before he ever had Mjolnir, and after he lost it as he became the Unworthy Thor. He reverted back to using Jarnbjorn.

Thor before he had Mjolnir

50cf545c38587.jpg

Thor after he lost Mjolnir from no longer being worthy, thus Unworthy Thor.

4042136-thor2014002-ribicdvar-8b82f.jpg

The Stormbreaker weapon in the MCU is actually Marvel's The Ultimates comic version of Mjolnir, which I never liked. Nor did I like that version of Thor. They named his new weapon Stormbreaker in the MCU, which is actually the name of Beta Ray Bill's hammer from the comics. Which will be odd if they ever wanted to add him into the MCU as a Thor replacement. Don't even know how that would work now. One of the most famous and popular Thor stories of all time.

Ultimates Thor with the Ultimates version of Mjolnir..

Thor_(Ultimate_Marvel_character).jpg

Beta Ray Bill with ACTUAL comic Stormbreaker (a copy of Mjolnir made by Odin & given to Beta Ray Bill)

betaraythor.jpg

Hope I'm not confusing you...:lol I've been a Thor fan since the mid 80's, as he is my favorite Comic Book character. I just thought it would be cool to have an accurate alternate weapon for him. He obviously has Mjolnir, so it'd be cool for him to have Jarnbjorn too.

You do know your Thor history my friend. No confusion at all. I'm a Thor fan too. I had the Thor comic when Odin sent him to earth for being a jerk. Do you think you could make the axe yourself? Maybe scan the one you bought and get it 3D printed but bigger.

You do know your Thor history my friend. No confusion at all. I'm a Thor fan too. I had the Thor comic when Odin sent him to earth for being a jerk. Do you think you could make the axe yourself? Maybe scan the one you bought and get it 3D printed but bigger.

I have no skills there... :lol

Hopefully this will do or eventually we get a good 1/6 comic Thor. The SS version was such a letdown. And $250 for him was a joke.. I passed on him. Maybe one day I'll find him on Ebay for cheap (less than $150 cheap). For now I have some nice busts, statues and 4", 6", & 7" action figures. And like I said, the recent 12" Marvel Legends comic Thor was pretty decent. I got him for only $23. I figured if the ACPlay Jarnbjorn was nothing special, I'd give it to my ML Thor.

I have 4 HT Thor's.

Some day I'll have a nice 1/6 version comic accurate Thor.. :pray:

:duff

So I finally got my Jarnbjorn axe from the ACPlay ATX042 Lightning Warrior (Jane Foster Thor) set in the mail today. As seen in the above post. Was quite surprised how heavy and detailed it is. Looks great. But waaaaay underscaled. Collectors complain about the HT IW Stormbreaker being under scaled, but that is much better than this in size. It is pretty much the same length as the Jarnbjorn axe that has been included with the few Hasbro Marvel Legends figures. The axe head is larger, but not my much. Pretty disappointed by the overall size. It would look much better with a 6inch scale figure. But probably way too heavy for one to hold it.

It was only $10 shipped, so no big loss and glad I got it. But for anyone else thinking of doing so and giving their Thor a proper comic book Jarnbjoen axe, I wouldn't recommend it.

Back