1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting this says nothing about this being diecast. Perhaps it's assumed, but that MIGHT explain why it's a whole new release WITH the nanotech accessories...because it's NOT diecast to keep the cost down. Just a theory and perhaps a bad one.

EDIT: upon further inspection of the other announced Iron Man figures, there's nothing mentioned about them being diecast either, which surely they are. SO, never mind!

Does anyone know if they will actually be revealing all of the accessories this weekend? Or are they just announcing that they're coming? (Regardless of how these are bundled or sold, I would still like to see all the accessories)

If it's a new release/pre order, I wonder if SSC would give customers the option to switch over.

If it's a new deluxe edition or whatever I'd imagine SSC would allow those who pre-ordered to switch, otherwise it'd just be a major D move.

Does anyone know if they will actually be revealing all of the accessories this weekend? Or are they just announcing that they're coming? (Regardless of how these are bundled or sold, I would still like to see all the accessories)

I think they're doing a reveal, otherwise why hype a tease?

I just called sideshow to see what’s up with this. They obviously didn’t know much (which I expected) but they said they believe it is an entire new preorder/figure set different. With that, she said they’d be willing to transfer preorders over to work with us on that if it DOES in fact get released.

Still confusing with some of their verbiage on social media though.... “great news to fans who has committed to the Avengers: Infinity War 1/6 Iron Man figure....”

Although that being said if this is anything like the Workshop Accessories Mark VII thing you can bet the pieces themselves will be on Ebay in a heartbeat.

My guess is that if you've pre-ordered, you can get the parts for that initial cost. If you're a latecomer then you will probably have a higher price.

I just called sideshow to see what’s up with this. They obviously didn’t know much (which I expected) but they said they believe it is an entire new preorder/figure set different. With that, she said they’d be willing to transfer preorders over to work with us on that if it DOES in fact get released.

Still confusing with some of their verbiage on social media though.... “great news to fans who has committed to the Avengers: Infinity War 1/6 Iron Man figure....”
This is what I'm doing if it happens.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My guess is that if you've pre-ordered, you can get the parts for that initial cost. If you're a latecomer then you will probably have a higher price.

Obviously since I have it ordered this is what I’d hope but I don’t think I agree with this strategy at all. Really makes you think about impulse preordering in the future....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news to you collectors! Hot toys have personLly gave your a screwing!! Well that’s cool in all seriousness that sideshow will work with the customers who pre ordered the first one. I don’t get where the lack of communication with sideshow and hot toys were? Or why hot toys couldn’t wait to put the p.o up in the first place?? Good luck to everybody seriously I don’t want to see people get screwed over.

You know, the worse thing could be that the new announced figure is differently designed model. I have noticed these two interchangeable nano legs and we may need to buy two versions so that we can get the all accessories. This is a really risk strategy and I would think that SH figuarts will do the same to their Mark 50s. If this is happening, I would think the new mark 46 and the war machine mark 4...

This feels like such a bait and switch to me I think I will be done collecting Hot Toys if they don't make it right for those that preordered. I could see if they did this after the initial release but to do it while we are still waiting on the first figure is just horrible bait and switch to me.

This feels like such a bait and switch to me I think I will be done collecting Hot Toys if they don't make it right for those that preordered. I could see if they did this after the initial release but to do it while we are still waiting on the first figure is just horrible bait and switch to me.

I think th reverse of what you said is worse. Very few people pay full upfront so a new figure now would just mean canceling and then order the new. After it’s out you’ve already paid full price. Go look at the complaining in the hulkbuster thread.

Agreed. I'm going to wait and see how they handle it but if they don't at least let people transfer their deposits for the original mk L to this edition I'd be surprised.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they didn't plan to end up with a proto that was miles off from the final film version. But I'd probably get off the ledge until actual information comes out and stop hassling CS people who don't have any information yet either, this figure isn't shipping for a year minimum anyway

IF it is an entirely new MMS, I understand people peed off if they've already ordered it.. But, considering in pages 1-50 of this thread everyone is complaining about the price to begin with, you know what would have happened had they just announced a Super-DX figure..

"Id rather pay less and just have a bare bones figure than pay more for extras I'll never use.. "

It would be like announcing the Gantry MarkIV with no option for the base model.. What they should have done (assuming there is two figures) is announced the two together.. But this is Hot Toys, and naturally the first (or one of the first) Infinity War figures announced was always going to be Iron Man, and they weren't going to let all the weaponry out of the bag six months before the movie came out..

Back