1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think th reverse of what you said is worse. Very few people pay full upfront so a new figure now would just mean canceling and then order the new. After it’s out you’ve already paid full price. Go look at the complaining in the hulkbuster thread.

I don't mind them upgrading things in the future like making Mk 4 diecast but releasing a mk 50 without the cool features shown in the movie and getting all preorders done then releasing the one everyone would want after that is just horrible way to treat loyal customers.

I don't mind them upgrading things in the future like making Mk 4 diecast but releasing a mk 50 without the cool features shown in the movie and getting all preorders done then releasing the one everyone would want after that is just horrible way to treat loyal customers.

you dont even know if thats whats happening :lol

you want some Ativan?

IF it is an entirely new MMS, I understand people peed off if they've already ordered it.. But, considering in pages 1-50 of this thread everyone is complaining about the price to begin with, you know what would have happened had they just announced a Super-DX figure..

"Id rather pay less and just have a bare bones figure than pay more for extras I'll never use.. "

It would be like announcing the Gantry MarkIV with no option for the base model.. What they should have done (assuming there is two figures) is announced the two together.. But this is Hot Toys, and naturally the first (or one of the first) Infinity War figures announced was always going to be Iron Man, and they weren't going to let all the weaponry out of the bag six months before the movie came out..

Then they should have held off on putting it up for preorder until both were ready to display and let the customer base decide which one they wanted not put the one that most would go for out after they soaked the initial release preorders as much as possible

you dont even know if thats whats happening :lol

you want some Ativan?

You may want to look at the youtube of the display for hot toys at sdcc it pretty much confirms 2 seperate figures.

Also someone that knows what ativan is probably needs it much more than me.

I'll never understand why people do this. Especially considering they already know the information is far from accurate.

I was calling in to change a flex payment on a current item and figured I’d ask while I’m on the phone. Just thought I might as well share what they told me when I asked.

My apologies everyone. Won’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the difference is the mk4 was done years later. If they make a second release and the first one isn’t out, you just switch releases. Problem solved. If it came out after the first one was released then you are stuck, or you have to buy two. In this situation you just switch. At worst your out 30 bucks for the PO. If it came out two years from now it’s 407 dollars you spent.

You may want to look at the youtube of the display for hot toys at sdcc it pretty much confirms 2 seperate figures

Pop your head out a window and get some fresh air, and see my first post saying it may be a deluxe. whatever it is though, no one knows for sure

Then they should have held off on putting it up for preorder until both were ready to display and let the customer base decide which one they wanted not put the one that most would go for out after they soaked the initial release preorders as much as possible

Hence what I said above.. Iron Man is ALWAYS one of the first figures announced for any movie.. (someone correct me, but I think the 47 figure was announced before any Spiderman figures for the Homecoming movie)

There was no way we weren't going to have a figure tease for Iron Man 4-6 months before the Infinity War movie hit the theatres. Likewise there was no way they'd even show all the weapon/armour options that far prior to the movie's release.. (That's even IF HT are privy to that sort of information that far before a movie is released... I'm no post-production expert)

That wasn't directed at you specifically. I see people posting frequently that they asked the SS reps something they wouldn't possibly know the answer to.

Even so, don't let people's reactions (myself included) dictate what you post. You do you.

Sorry I was being passive aggressive mainly aimed at the quoted comment insinuating I was “hassling customer service”

Anyways this is an exciting topic to talk about! It’s been a while I’ve been this interested in a release of a figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the difference is the mk4 was done years later. If they make a second release and the first one isn’t out, you just switch releases. Problem solved. If it came out after the first one was released then you are stuck, or you have to buy two. In this situation you just switch. At worst your out 30 bucks for the PO. If it came out two years from now it’s 407 dollars you spent.

The preorder cost was $41 and I hate to be throwing 41 dollars at a company for shady practices, and this is shady if they are releasing the version the majority of fans and collectors would order after preorder frenzy for initial figure. If it came out 2 years from now I can decide at that point if the upgrade is worth purchasing to add to my collection without feeling they pulled a number on me. It also makes the one they release for $407 (the most for any 12" figure) less likely to get any return on investment for any that collect for that purpose (not me).

As for not releasing it with weapons and such 6 months ago...they could have used the same method they used for Captain America... movie accurate weapons to be added later. This was done just to double down on their loyal customers and IM fans

Wow
04702d3f71a886c1c0f2ace74828d239.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok, so pissed about 41, but if it was 2 years from now(which is like 8 months after the first one would release) and you spent 407 it’s cool? Maybe I’m missing something but one is 10 times the loss of funds. If it happens. And if you can’t get your 41 transferred over to the other release (in the USA they would be required by law to do so, but that’s another issue if you want to discuss it).

I would much much much rather have the option to change my order before I dropped the full price then afterwards.

As for why they did the Cap thing one way and this another. Million possibilities. CGI wasn’t finished on this till 2 weeks before it released. So hot toys may not have known, or may have know 1 year earlier for Cap. And go look at that Cap thread. People bitched about bait and switch with that stuff too.

Imagine if this one only came with the sword/shield/boots, and the wings and cannons were only with the default.

Can you imagine how evil that would be?

Back