1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do an expansion pack there’s no chance they add more to the release. But, it’s not gonna be an expansion pack I bet
If they do an expansion pack for this figure I'll know that Hot Toy's have lost it. With this figure already light on accessories and the most expensive Iron Man yet (correct me if I'm wrong) I have a hard time believing they'd charge more for additional accessories.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

【Hot Toys landing San Diego Comic Con 2018】
Hot Toys is excited to join hands with our official distributor Sideshow Collectibles, to surprise fans and collectors around the world with numerous highly detailed collectibles, this year, at San Diego Comic Con!
Great news to the fans who has committed to the magnificent Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Iron Man collectible figure - the unveil of a special set that is expected to offer a glamorous boost to the cutting edge Iron Man suit!
Moreover, don't miss out the never-before-seen license line-ups and be amazed!

Event Details:
Event Date: July 19 – 22 (Preview Night: July 18)
Venue: San Diego Convention Center
Booth No: #1929 (Sideshow Collectibles)

#SDCC2018 #HotToys #SideshowCollectibles #Collectibles #SixScale #Marvel #Avengers #InfinityWar #IronMan

View attachment 417998

The way they worded their press release, this specific section... "Great news to the fans who has committed to the magnificent Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Iron Man collectible figure..."

...it makes me believe they are rewarding those that have him pre-ordered with the extra accessories.

Maybe I'm wrong, but based on how it's worded that's what I'm lead to believe. Or then again, it could just be poorly translated and that's not what HT actually means...but that's how I'm interpreting their statement.

If they do an expansion pack for this figure I'll know that Hot Toy's have lost it. With this figure already light on accessories and the most expensive Iron Man yet (correct me if I'm wrong) I have a hard time believing they'd charge more for additional accessories.

It is the most expensive, you are correct. If you are counting just normal non oversized hulkbusters and whatnots. But, the thing to keep in mind is that the price from Sideshow and others is not what hot toys charges. This is under 50 dollars more at Secret base then the mk42 original was at Secret base. And the 42 has a power pose and a repaint to offset costs for hot toys. The price most people are upset about isn’t hot toys price it’s the imported price. And as far as profit and business the only price that matters is what hot toys charge, of that makes sense. This and the 45 and the 46 and 47 are all within like 10 bucks of each other at Secret base.

It really can be read both ways. Just as a long time gamer, I just read everything as force fed DLC these days. I will be overjoyed if the Hot Toys anticipated extra after movie accessories and that’s why the price was higher then normal for the figure, and consider it good planning on their part.

If it's stuff added to the package I would really think about trying to scrounge a preorder somewhere because of the display options and I love accessories. But if it's a $100+ add on then I'm even more glad I passed on this.

It really can be read both ways. Just as a long time gamer, I just read everything as force fed DLC these days. I will be overjoyed if the Hot Toys anticipated extra after movie accessories and that’s why the price was higher then normal for the figure, and consider it good planning on their part.

You could be right. Would of thought they have blurred out boxes like they did with CA when they quoted him “secret weapon” “ exclusive secret weapon”. Description does sound like it’s gonna be an award but who knows wait till Thursday-Friday

I see. Thanks for the information, I didn't realize that Sideshow is responsible for this price point not Hot Toys. If Sideshow keeps upping the prices like this I don't think I'll continue to buy Hot Toys. I gotta draw the line somewhere.
It is the most expensive, you are correct. If you are counting just normal non oversized hulkbusters and whatnots. But, the thing to keep in mind is that the price from Sideshow and others is not what hot toys charges. This is under 50 dollars more at Secret base then the mk42 original was at Secret base. And the 42 has a power pose and a repaint to offset costs for hot toys. The price most people are upset about isn’t hot toys price it’s the imported price. And as far as profit and business the only price that matters is what hot toys charge, of that makes sense. This and the 45 and the 46 and 47 are all within like 10 bucks of each other at Secret base.

I see. Thanks for the information, I didn't realize that Sideshow is responsible for this price point not Hot Toys. If Sideshow keeps upping the prices like this I don't think I'll continue to buy Hot Toys. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

I’m in the same boat with you. I remember back when the dx01 was $140-150 roughly. Prices are crazy now days for bare bones items. Don’t get me wrong quality has gotten much much better BUT it also kills resale value. Leaving the consumerto break even because the original price was so high to begin with. I love hot toys so it will kill me to eventually stop buying but it is what it is.

I wouldn't doubt that SS/HT are increasing prices because of aftermarket prices. If a week after their figure sells out, it sells it for a $200 profit on the secondary market, I'd increase prices too. I personally would rather see HT get the profit than the hoards of flippers.

I wouldn't doubt that SS/HT are increasing prices because of aftermarket prices. If a week after their figure sells out, it sells it for a $200 profit on the secondary market, I'd increase prices too. I personally would rather see HT get the profit than the hoards of flippers.

Don't forget that the the average hourly wage for workers in China has increased almost 70% since 2011. Then add in new more environmentally friendly factories and i can see were some the extra cost has come from.

What if the up in merchandising price has to do with paying RDJ for his likeness? That can’t be cheap and with each movie it’s likely more and more $$$. Does Hot Toys have to renegotiate when they re-release figures and do they have to with each movie with sign-off’s?

What if the up in merchandising price has to do with paying RDJ for his likeness? That can’t be cheap and with each movie it’s likely more and more $$$. Does Hot Toys have to renegotiate when they re-release figures and do they have to with each movie with sign-off’s?

Each movie is its own unique business and requires new licenses and contracts and every new figure requires approvals.

But that’s not the issue. As I said, the price the hot toys charges has gone up 10 dollars since the mk45. So since hot toys makes them, and their increases are negligible, the increase in price has nothing to do with licensing or contracts or productions. It’s the export/import sellers (Sideshow, action city, bbts and so) where the price has gone up to where the mk50 is 400 bucks.

If it’s easier to think about it this way try this. Hot toys is the ford factory and Sideshow is a car dealership. If ford sold a car direct for 25k but your local dealership sold it for 30k..that difference isn’t on ford. Or, at least isn’t because production cost more.

At Secret base hot toys sold the mk45 for just 10usd less then they are selling the mk50. Hot toys has raised the price 10 dollars. Sideshow has raised it 50 bucks. It’s not a production issue.

Last edited:
While unfortunate, it makes sense. SIdeshow (dealer) has to make money too.

You always pay a mark up to the middle man. What else is new?

They do take the risk on unsold stock and have to warehouse the merchandise not to mention coordinate sales and shipping.

Sideshow has been going downhill recently IMHO. Garbage shipping costs and customer service has been lacking.

They have been going downhill longer than just recently. But I must admit I had the best response ever for a broken arm Mark VI Diecast last week. They responded next day and had the replacement out a day later, and delivered within a week. Customer service has never been so responsive in my past experiences.

They have been going downhill longer than just recently. But I must admit I had the best response ever for a broken arm Mark VI Diecast last week. They responded next day and had the replacement out a day later, and delivered within a week. Customer service has never been so responsive in my past experiences.

I have only needed replacements several times but it has always been taken care of within a week Some have been small like a 1/6 body and one was a 1/4 statue. So in my experience they still get an A. Shipping has always been cheaper than anyplace else also so i have to stick with them.

I’m in the same boat with you. I remember back when the dx01 was $140-150 roughly. Prices are crazy now days for bare bones items. Don’t get me wrong quality has gotten much much better BUT it also kills resale value. Leaving the consumerto break even because the original price was so high to begin with. I love hot toys so it will kill me to eventually stop buying but it is what it is.

I think resale values will keep going up as figure prices go up. Look at what some people are paying for the Mezco Punisher PX or Classic version. A 6" figure for $5-600+.

Don't forget that the the average hourly wage for workers in China has increased almost 70% since 2011. Then add in new more environmentally friendly factories and i can see were some the extra cost has come from.

I'm fine with the price increase if it's that. Just hope the price increase levels/stops soon haha.

Back