1/6 company of the year poll!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who rules in the 1/6 movie franchise world?

• Sideshow Toys! All bow to the mighty Sideshow!

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Hot Toys! Doesn't get any hotter than this.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Medicom. It's the Medi way or the highway!

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Are you kidding? All of them!

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
The fact is, I love toys. And Sideshow is the one putting out the majority of the figures on my wish list. The other companies are great, and no one can deny the detail and care put into each figure shown in this thread.

But I have little or no interest in KamenGuyver or other like characters. Though they are done extremely well. I also have no interest in owning any marines (though I've painted up more than my share!) I am however deeply interested in Universal monsters, LOTR, SW, Buffy (if only I had the space.), etc.

And whatever the flaws (and all the companies have their particular flaws), I still feel Sideshow's figures are high enough quality to earn my hard-earned cash.

Sorry Mickey, as been proven by this thread, Sideshow products suck. Especially when compared to figures costing hundreds of dollars more and are characters you don't have interest in.

EVILFACE said:
Sorry Mickey, as been proven by this thread, Sideshow products suck. Especially when compared to figures costing hundreds of dollars more and are characters you don't have interest in.

and dont forget Hibi-shiity-biki will be gods gift to action figures.:monkey1

Exactly,who needs MAsked riders, Ultraman when you can have , Buffy, Star Trek, Hellboy, Highlander etc. ewwwww:lol

Buffy who

Shai Hulud said:
and dont forget Hibi-shiity-biki will be gods gift to action figures.:monkey1
No worries Shai I dont expect you to have the same opinions as everyone else.

BUT, always remember...

Sideshow= 1
Medieval-shiity-Kurgan= 0
:D

Last edited:
Scarlet said:
Exactly,who needs MAsked riders, Ultraman when you can have , Buffy, Star Trek, Hellboy, Highlander etc. ewwwww:lol

Buffy who

lol @ Buffy :lol:lol

Customikey said:
The fact is, I love toys. And Sideshow is the one putting out the majority of the figures on my wish list. The other companies are great, and no one can deny the detail and care put into each figure shown in this thread.

But I have little or no interest in KamenGuyver or other like characters. Though they are done extremely well. I also have no interest in owning any marines (though I've painted up more than my share!) I am however deeply interested in Universal monsters, LOTR, SW, Buffy (if only I had the space.), etc.

And whatever the flaws (and all the companies have their particular flaws), I still feel Sideshow's figures are high enough quality to earn my hard-earned cash.

It's all good man. Ppl like what they like. SSC 1/6 stuff is good and obviously they got licenses a lot of guys want 1/6 figures from that no one else has. And since you're a customizer you can perfect any paint or QC problems they got. And as I said before SSC figures are a very good price for what you're getting, so they have definetly earned your $$$

This thread has taken a turn towards the DIONTASTIC. We all like what we like and it is OK for others to like what they like (kinda the point of a poll folks).
The_Witch_of_the_NOrth.jpg

Scarlet said:
To be fair Tendou, Abake who started this thread is a fan of Medi.:lol

Well, actually, I'm a fan of everything!

I own figs from all three companies and dig all of them (I also have a pretty large DML WWII collection)!
My vote went to Hot Toys, simply because Alien is the end all be all of movie franchises for me, and HT are making a dream come true with their Movie Masterpices line.

On retrospective, I probably should have voted for all, because they are all making astonishing figures for amazing licenses and all have their pros and cons.

The detail and level of craftsmanship on that figure is simply amazing.
Not my cup of tea, but I can recognize greatness when I see it.
If somebody gets one of those, please do a review with lots of pics!

decadentdave said:
Sorry, I'm not into Power Rangers. :mwaha

What an uneducated assumption..

This is what I mean Gentlemen.

You may not like it or know what it is but feel the need to bash it anyway. Too bad this "Power Ranger" Craftsmanship and complexity blows away any 1/6 Sideshow figure you'd ever bought and that's the truth.

abake said:
The detail and level of craftsmanship on that figure is simply amazing.
Not my cup of tea, but I can recognize greatness when I see it.
If somebody gets one of those, please do a review with lots of pics!

Will do -_^

Tendou-Kabuto said:
What an uneducated assumption..

This is what I mean Gentlemen.

You may not like it or know what it is but feel the need to bash it anyway. Too bad this "Power Ranger" Craftsmanship and complexity blows away any 1/6 Sideshow figure you'd ever bought and that's the truth.

You Medi-freaks are too sensitive. You guys can't take a f'n joke. Wah!

LOL. Yeah Kabuto, I didnt think Dave is being serious bout his comments but a"wink" would help.

You have to agree that is one amazing figure. The armour, the intricate design. The material of the armour they use and the overall realistic human in a costume look.

It's expensive, about $200 but that's a piece of art, that you can even play with.:cool:

It's Hot Toy's that makes my predators, but if it wasn't for SSC, I wouldn't have known about them before really so in a way it's a tie. SSC is amazing. We all know that. Hot Toy's make some awesome products too. Medicom does well too. Kudos to all 3 companies I say. But hey, SSC is the best IMO. :D

Back