1/6 company of the year poll!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who rules in the 1/6 movie franchise world?

• Sideshow Toys! All bow to the mighty Sideshow!

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Hot Toys! Doesn't get any hotter than this.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Medicom. It's the Medi way or the highway!

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Are you kidding? All of them!

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
I purchased figures from all 3 companies this year and glad I did so but for the me the most complete company that offers the most overall is SSC. I like all of Medicoms efforts with the Star Wars license but SSC offers a more complete line. I just discovered Hot Toys with their Batman Begins offering and I'm really starting to eye the Superman Returns figure. I'm curious though why Takara (Genx) didn't get some mention in these posts. Hot Toys version of Batman is great but Takara's version that includes a spot-on likeness of Christian Bale is truly the superior version. Also check out thier Catwoman!!!

well Takara dont get a mention and recognition they deserve because plenty dont collect the figures they produce because
1. They are expensive
2. The liscence they have are primarily Japanese characters who people here dont give a cr@p no matter how good the quality is and how great it looks.

Sound familiar?

I voted for Sideshow for so many reasons. Even though I believe they are experiencing some growing pains Sideshow still gives me the most of what I'm looking for in a sixth scale company.

For one, Sideshow really does try to listen to the fans. Also, they go the extra mile to make collecting an exciting, fun experience. Sure there is an occasioanl snafu but SSC gives me the most bang for my buck. That's even with the price increases that I abhor.

Look at all the contests, the freebies, the gift cards and the rewards program. While not perfect these things are another way to make us feel we are getting a real value for our hard earned cash. Sideshow further involves themselves with us by interacting on this very board.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toys and Medicom for what they are but they don't affect me anywhere near to the level Sideshow attempts to. Sideshow has even made it easier to purchase some of Hot Toys and Medicom's products.

So Sideshow may be far from perfect but I think they are the most well rounded of the three for those of us in the States. If I had grown up in another part of the world my opinion might be different. I have hit the import market heavily in the last couple of years as a newfound otaku but I always come home to Sideshow.

Takara Batman is one of the best 1/6th figures out there imo. The catwoman is pretty damn awesome as well. Both of them are well worth the high price tag.

Okay, the anime lovers bashing the anime haters is getting a bit old. If you saw a picture of Darth Vader and didn't know who he was and had no connection to the franchise, you'd probably say "Sorry I don't do power rangers."

As I tried to make clear, which company you prefer depends almost completely on which properties you prefer and it seems this thread has just reinforced that point.

I love what HT has done, but I'd also love to have their Reese figure look like Biehn.

And I'll always judge Medicom by the figures from properties that I like cause I don't buy figures from properties I DON'T like.

And Anime and Ultraman suck.
:rotfl

But Dave, I really had no idea who that Hibiki mofo was. I just wanted to give those Medi-snobs some crap.

decadentdave said:
But Dave, I really had no idea who that Hibiki mofo was. I just wanted to give those Medi-snobs some crap.

And my points have been proven again..

Mr. Twos said:
I voted for Sideshow for so many reasons. Even though I believe they are experiencing some growing pains Sideshow still gives me the most of what I'm looking for in a sixth scale company.

For one, Sideshow really does try to listen to the fans. Also, they go the extra mile to make collecting an exciting, fun experience. Sure there is an occasioanl snafu but SSC gives me the most bang for my buck. That's even with the price increases that I abhor.

Look at all the contests, the freebies, the gift cards and the rewards program. While not perfect these things are another way to make us feel we are getting a real value for our hard earned cash. Sideshow further involves themselves with us by interacting on this very board.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toys and Medicom for what they are but they don't affect me anywhere near to the level Sideshow attempts to. Sideshow has even made it easier to purchase some of Hot Toys and Medicom's products.

So Sideshow may be far from perfect but I think they are the most well rounded of the three for those of us in the States. If I had grown up in another part of the world my opinion might be different. I have hit the import market heavily in the last couple of years as a newfound otaku but I always come home to Sideshow.

SSC is good to their customers. and if you count the statues and all that, they certainly cover more markets than Medicom or HT. In Japan tho we have tons of companies that do statues, action figures, props and anything else you could be looking for so things kinda balance out. just in Japan you have to bounce around companies to get different things. It's simple enough tho since the Toy market there is much more hardcore than in the US

Darklord Dave said:
And Anime and Ultraman suck.
:rotfl

If the owner of this Board says it sucks than it sucks.Period.No more animé crap here.:lol

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Hollywood films suck more

Hollywood Films > Man in obvious rubber suit films

Shai Hulud said:

review-3.jpg

WTH? Did he have time from saving the world to play some Van Halen?

So..Those Hibiki are musicians..mwhahaha:confused: :lol

vol33_5.jpg

ibuki.jpg

ULTRAMAN.jpg

Anime & Ultraman collectors sure have a funny way to display those figures...Check that guy in the middle...:lol
zero37us.jpg

One final thought...:lol :lol

Last edited:
But you just don't understand the history, detail, quality and care that goes into making those characters. You are just "typical American"

Keep them laughs coming boys. You know it's a fact that medicom makes
12" figures that Sideshow can only dream of.

But who cares as long you can have Buffy.:lol

WOW. I can't believe you guys could be so obviously shallow. More surprising is the fact that you guys are proud of being shallow. That's what I don't get about so many of these type of ppl on US Fan boards. It's the same on like every US board I visit. They can only see one way and dont seem capable of being beyond that. What's so great about being closed in? Is it that comfortable in there? It's quite sad actually. Altho I dont follow many of the Movie properties like many of the people on this board. I still acknowledge and respect all other toys even if I dont collect or have any interest in it. If a good piece comes out that has rave reviews I try to learn about it even if I dont have any interest in the item. Just for the sake of knowledge, To keep an Open Mind. Not to see the view from one spot but to be able to walk around and see everything around me. There are times I will say my opinion on a certain piece whether it's good or bad but I dont just bash it or put it down in a resentful way like many ppl I see.

I noticed there's some Bruce Lee fan on this board. I'm not sure if you guys are the shallow type I speak of but if you think of yourself as a fan. Do you ever think about what the man said? The philosophies and words he tried so hard to share with us? You may not think that it could pertain to the subject of toys but you'd be surprised that Bruce's words could be related to everything you do.

The world is a Big place. You'd be surprised how much you can learn from just looking around once in awhile.

EVILFACE said:
Hollywood Films > Man in obvious rubber suit films

Good deep stories with well developed characters > Hollywood films cliche, all flash, no substance for spoonfed audiences

Back