1/6 company of the year poll!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who rules in the 1/6 movie franchise world?

• Sideshow Toys! All bow to the mighty Sideshow!

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Hot Toys! Doesn't get any hotter than this.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Medicom. It's the Medi way or the highway!

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Are you kidding? All of them!

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
Scarlet said:
Agreed Tendou. It's one thing to maybe to not buy if it's too expensive or "a waste of $" but the amount of bi+chin of the company and the products they make is amazing. It's like if they dont have it, they dont want others that have it to enjoy it.

They have no idea about the company and the full products they make and only have an "idea" on the surface of things.

I'll say it again, "Hibiki Who".

Also note this is not meant to all of you who dont collect medicom or buy them . It's for those who dont buy, ***** about them and ridicule and belittle those who have them .

Scarlet I couldn't have said it better. I completely agree. It comes off like they are spiteful that they cant buy it and feel the need to bash it and bash the ppl who buy the items as well. It's like they are resentful that you have the item and feel the need to bash it to make themselves feel more secure.

creecher said:
Hey Tendou-Kabuto, of course not. I can be a bigger one as anyone. Fair suck of the sav. We all have opinions, and stating them gives rise to other, sometimes opposing, opinions. That we have a venue to raise them, and are able to listen to others is the prize. I can see where you are coming from and I have had a change of opinion, though I still think Sideshow is the best company. I went back and saw that abake stipulated "movie licenses". In that respect I have to say Hot Toys, solely on the Predator figure, let alone the other items they have produced. The Predators rock.

Thanks Creecher. I am happy that we can express out opinions like mature fans without bashing each other ^_^

Yes, HT does Great work. It's too bad I'm not a big enough fan of Predator or Robocop or any of the stuff they do, otherwise I'd be all over them. The Movies are cool but I already collect so much. I've almost bought the Predators and Robocop just based on how nice they were. I hope that HT will eventually do something I'm into because it would be a shame for me not to have some of their works in my collection.

This poll has turned into an intriguing sociological experiment. It's interesting to see all of the Medi-Freaks getting so defensive like a culturally oppressed minority group. I could do an entire thesis paper based on the responses in this thread.

That said, I could care less one way or the other about Medicom. I don't buy their stuff because their products do not have any appeal to me.

Yup Tendou, I've said this earlier to some of the guys at Medi World. These people are so insecure that they have to keep bi+ching about the same thing over and over again and laugh off at the ones who have them.

Sorry to get so off track. I voted for Medicom . duh..:lol

I am actually a bit disappointed about Sideshow's 1/6 Jabba. It is more like a statue than action figure. It is $119.99 which is not cheap. I would be very happy if it features specially designed skeleton and covered with soft suit like what Hot Toys did for their Alien. Medicom make their Godzilla figure years back also has soft rubber suit and a 12" actually wearing the suit ! It is great and fun !

I am much much happier to spend $129.99 on Hot Toys Alien Warrior than Sideshow Jabba, even though I still have Jabba pre-ordered because I am SW fan.....

decadentdave said:
This poll has turned into an intriguing sociological experiment. It's interesting to see all of the Medi-Freaks getting so defensive like a culturally oppressed minority group.

Not all medicom fans!! I'm a huge medicom fan i just don't care enough to argue.

decadentdave said:
That said, I could care less one way or the other about Medicom. I don't buy their stuff because their products do not have any appeal to me.

Good pont Dave. Same as for me as nothing from sideshow has appealed to me even the SW line(cept BoushhLeia)

It's all opinion.
Cheers

Scarlet said:
Yup Tendou, I've said this earlier to some of the guys at Medi World. These people are so insecure that they have to keep bi+ching about the same thing over and over again and laugh off at the ones who have them.

Sorry to get so off track. I voted for Medicom . duh..:lol

Agreed. ^_^

Out of the 3 I also voted Medicom.

Scarlet said:
Good pont Dave. Same as for me as nothing from sideshow has appealed to me even the SW line(cept BoushhLeia)

It's all opinion.
Cheers

Out of Sideshow the only stuff I care about are some of the SW 1/6 and some of their Marvel stuff. There's other things on occasion but most Sideshow items have been very casual purchases for me.

I dont own any HT stuff although I think it's great. just no licenses there I care enough for.

Medicom I own tons of stuff. Anime/Manga chars, Kamen Rider and Tokusatsu primarily.

KamenGuyver said:
I am actually a bit disappointed about Sideshow's 1/6 Jabba. It is more like a statue than action figure. It is $119.99 which is not cheap. I would be very happy if it features specially designed skeleton and covered with soft suit like what Hot Toys did for their Alien. Medicom make their Godzilla figure years back also has soft rubber suit and a 12" actually wearing the suit ! It is great and fun !

I am much much happier to spend $129.99 on Hot Toys Alien Warrior than Sideshow Jabba, even though I still have Jabba pre-ordered because I am SW fan.....

It's sad to say but there's not really any other way to do Jabba. He's just a big slug sitting there, so he would be statuesque by default. They could do the rubber suit thing but It probably never came to mind. or maybe they thought it might be too expensive.

I could say, I'm not too impressed either, I got it on order and it's cool but I could say I'm definetly more excited by many other things. I think the most impressive thing about it is the setup. It's like a big piece of a diorama.

pjam said:
As far as overall breadth of product, you have to go with SSC, Statues, busts, prop reps, 1/4 and 1/6 scale figs, etc.

As for innovation, boldness,engineering and superior base bodies for sixth scale figs I have to give a huuuge shout out to HT, they are making dreams come true for many of us...

Medicom has done some really great stuff and are the best at detailing and tailoring outfits but until they make full 12" tall figs to scale with the rest of the world's growing collection, they will lag behind the others IMHO.

Couldn't have said it better..... Totally agree.

I voted for Medicom as well. Even though I enjoy certain products from each line, I'm just not seeing "quality" as some people so elequently put it, in the Sideshow figures. IMO the Sideshow figures look goofy straight out of the box. Medicom, Hot Toys, Takara, they look like the protos out of the box. Also, having to give your figure a water bath just to make it look appealing is riddiculous and sums up to a bit of lack of quality.

Last edited:
Tendou-Kabuto said:
I dont think ppl here can really appreciate Medicom SB. Medicom's best stuff has no meaning to most of the ppl on this board. I think Medicom does Incredible work. All their Kamen Riders, Anime characters and Tokusatsu stuff are Incredible. Look at the upcoming Garo Kouga and Hibiki Human form and tell me that Medicom can't nail a Likeness. They are Great.

Even stripped down to it's barest form, medicom looks amazing!
ref2-2179.jpg

someone post a pic of a nude Hot Toys or Sideshow figure.

Scarlet said:
Tendou, like you said it's pretty much pointless to explain the intracacies and beauty of the RAH Kamen Rider figures over here cos they dont know who these characters are and have no knowledge of the stories.

Try telling the japanese community of Buffy the Vampire slayer .

Medicom dont get much appreciation here because people are ignorant about the Japanese characters. All they know is medicom makes Star wars and Marvel and a few movie characters. Other than that, most know jack all and dont bother to do some research. They assume medicom makes human characters with crappy likeness like Luke and stereotype sticks there.

Kamen Rider Hibiki will the BEST 12' figure ever produced. But they'll say "who?"
Right on point my friend. The Hibiki will rule in both innovation (the suit) and sheer coolness. But I can guarantee alot of "Wow looks good but Im not spending that much money on a figure that I dont even know. Easy pass for me!" type of comments.

Not meaning to bash but this is just my opinion....This Hibiki figure will be untouched by sideshow or any other company for awhile. But due to the unpopularity of the character in the states alot of people wont feel an urge to pick it up.

snakebeater said:
this picture from kabuto's gallery reinforces my statements....

GaroMEDI.jpg
[/

who else could reproduce a outfitt like this?

simpley amazing.... and their likeness is great...

Hot toys also gets points from me... they're just amazing....

BAPESTA FOR THE WIN.

I just have to quote this again becuase it looks badass!

Medicom or Hot Toys and I'd also put Enterbay above Sideshow despite only having released one figure so far,a figure that is IMO the best 1/6 figure currently available. All of these companies make figures with superb attention to detail,well tailored outfits that fit the figure properly without endless adjustments being required and utilise excellent base bodies.
Sideshow do good human likenesses :rolleyes:

Back