1/6 company of the year poll!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who rules in the 1/6 movie franchise world?

• Sideshow Toys! All bow to the mighty Sideshow!

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Hot Toys! Doesn't get any hotter than this.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Medicom. It's the Medi way or the highway!

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Are you kidding? All of them!

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
Even though i don't own any of their figures(yet) it's HT all the way.The **** they pump out is awesome.

If SS was more than just suped up hasbro dolls IMO they'd be up there but their not.If medicom would come out with more regular releases of stuff i want they'd be up there to cause their quality it top-notch.(but this is all my opinion)

Tendou, like you said it's pretty much pointless to explain the intracacies and beauty of the RAH Kamen Rider figures over here cos they dont know who these characters are and have no knowledge of the stories.

Try telling the japanese community of Buffy the Vampire slayer .

Medicom dont get much appreciation here because people are ignorant about the Japanese characters. All they know is medicom makes Star wars and Marvel and a few movie characters. Other than that, most know jack all and dont bother to do some research. They assume medicom makes human characters with crappy likeness like Luke and stereotype sticks there.

Kamen Rider Hibiki will the BEST 12' figure ever produced. But they'll say "who?"

Scarlet said:
Tendou, like you said it's pretty much pointless to explain the intracacies and beauty of the RAH Kamen Rider figures over here cos they dont know who these characters are and have no knowledge of the stories.

Medicom dont get much appreciation here because people are ignorant about the Japanese characters. All they know is medicom makes Star wars and Marvel and a few movie characters. Other than that, most know jack all and dont bother to do some research. They assume medicom makes human characters with crappy likeness like Luke and stereotype sticks there.
Bingo!
Kamen Rider Hibiki will the BEST 12' figure ever produced. But they'll say "who?"

Who? :rotfl

This isn't about quality. The question is 1/6th Company of the year. Digest that and, "All bow to the mighty Sideshow!".

Sideshow produces great figures from great licenses. They have great customer service. They involve their customers. They provide great information on their site. They have a newsletter. They have a rewards program. They have great staff. They have great sculptors. They have a diversity of collectibles. They have contests. They have freebies. Crikey, they even have Dusty. They have my sword, and they got mah vote. :D

decadentdave said:
Bingo!

Who? :rotfl

Something you'll never own. That's who. You'll never see it in front of you, you'll never hold it in your hands. But you'll bash it anyway. But bashing without merit is a what some people do here.

*sigh*

Time to go check the IRC chat and see how much they are hating on Tendou. Great to see jealousy in action. :lol

creecher said:
This isn't about quality. The question is 1/6th Company of the year. Digest that and, "All bow to the mighty Sideshow!".

Sideshow produces great figures from great licenses. They have great customer service. They involve their customers. They provide great information on their site. They have a newsletter. They have a rewards program. They have great staff. They have great sculptors. They have a diversity of collectibles. They have contests. They have freebies. Crikey, they even have Dusty. They have my sword, and they got mah vote. :D

It didn't state at the beginning that it was or wasn't about quality. It also didn't say anything about who was the most fan friendly company. But I am judging the company's on how well they make their 1/6 scale figures not on how much they want to start contests and give me free stuff or how much I'm involved in their plans either.

creecher said:
This isn't about quality. The question is 1/6th Company of the year.

Because quality is such a dirty word. Good god if the company that produces the best 1/6 quality pieces can't be 1/6 company of the year then something is terribly wrong (and for me it's Hot Toys -but just BARELY).

Oddly enough this forum is no different than the medicom forum. They only acknowledge US character stuff. It's almost like THEY don't even know what Medicom has really done. All they talk about is that goddamn Wolverine Medicom.

It's like all forums are the same, just with polar opposite views.

Last edited:
Tendou-Kabuto said:
It didn't state at the beginning that it was or wasn't about quality. It also didn't say anything about who was the most fan friendly company. But I am judging the company's on how well they make their 1/6 scale figures not on how much they want to start contests and give me free stuff or how much I'm involved in their plans either.

Who said I was talking to you in particular? Why quote me?

I saw, and I don't care who raised it, the focus drifting toward quality, once again. The question in the title of the thread states, "1/6 company of the year poll!", and you have a choice. I made mine, based soley on the question. The creator of the poll, goes on to further focus on "movie licenses", of which I perhaps didn't bother to focus on quite so much. Sorry.

Scarlet said:

Scarlet,

I know man. It's a problem I run into on many toy boards Specifially US toy boards. I dont know what it is with US collectors but they are usually the quickest to bash things for no reason especially if it's an item that's out of their budget. Which is what gets me in these discussions. I dont like it when a company is being put down by ppl who have no idea what the company has done or be bashed because they cant afford it. It comes off really close minded IMO. If you dont like their work or cant buy it that's fine but there's no reason to put it down in an insulting way like many ppl seem to like doing.

Darklord Dave said:
It's all completely subjective so a poll like this is kind of useless. HT has some wonderfully detailed non-traditional figures such as Robocop, Alien, Predators.

SSC has the licenses - SW, LotR.

Medicom would probably get my vote for most improved, just looking at Wolverine and Sparrow, they are light years beyond the Luke or the marvel comic book figures. Although the smaller scale is bothersome.

But which company you prefer depends completely on which license, type of figure, scale, etc. that you prefer.

And thus this is why Darklord Dave is correct that this is a completely subjective poll. Perhaps two polls should have been made, one for "Nicest, friendliest, fan-interactive company of the year" and "Best quality company of the year." I think you we see a big difference in the results between the two polls.

creecher said:
Who said I was talking to you in particular? Why quote me?

I saw, and I don't care who raised it, the focus drifting toward quality, once again. The question in the title of the thread states, "1/6 company of the year poll!", and you have a choice. I made mine, based soley on the question. The creator of the poll, goes on to further focus on "movie licenses", of which I perhaps didn't bother to focus on quite so much. Sorry.

Creecher,

I hope you dont think of me as being a dick. I'm just replying to what you said. I didn't take it as you were talking to me or anyone. I sqw it as you were just giving your feeling on the whole situation and I responded.

Also, the person who started this thread should have been able to forsee that this is what the thread would eventually turn into. It's pretty much destined. And if it's on this particualr forum it's gonna be mostly about Live Action Movie based figures. No need to apoligize.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Scarlet,

I know man. It's a problem I run into on many toy boards Specifially US toy boards. I dont know what it is with US collectors but they are usually the quickest to bash things for no reason especially if it's an item that's out of their budget. Which is what gets me in these discussions. I dont like it when a company is being put down by ppl who have no idea what the company has done or be bashed because they cant afford it. It comes off really close minded IMO. If you dont like their work or cant buy it that's fine but there's no reason to put it down in an insulting way like many ppl seem to like doing.

Agreed Tendou. It's one thing to maybe to not buy if it's too expensive or "a waste of $" but the amount of bi+chin of the company and the products they make is amazing. It's like if they dont have it, they dont want others that have it to enjoy it.

They have no idea about the company and the full products they make and only have an "idea" on the surface of things.

I'll say it again, "Hibiki Who".

Also note this is not meant to all of you who dont collect medicom or buy them . It's for those who dont buy, ***** about them and ridicule and belittle those who have them .

snakebeater said:
yeah but when it's time for medicom nut bashing, everybody jumps in, and nobody breaks it up...

SB

That is too true. I'm sure if all the Medi collectors all took a vacation, someone could start a "Medicom sucks" thread and ppl would have a parade and it would be "ok"

It's probably the same for any other company outside of SSC on this board tho..

Hey Tendou-Kabuto, of course not. I can be a bigger one as anyone. Fair suck of the sav. We all have opinions, and stating them gives rise to other, sometimes opposing, opinions. That we have a venue to raise them, and are able to listen to others is the prize. I can see where you are coming from and I have had a change of opinion, though I still think Sideshow is the best company. I went back and saw that abake stipulated "movie licenses". In that respect I have to say Hot Toys, solely on the Predator figure, let alone the other items they have produced. The Predators rock.

I say Hot Toys, I say Hot Toys mainly beacuse I'm a big fan of the AVP line and the Superman Returns figure is awsome. In my opinion they juat have a wider range of diffrent types of figures of great quality that edges them out. Yes Sideshow did a Jabba the Hutt and it looks awsome otherwise all figures are on the standard body. And with the exception of Kit are all Human. Where as Hot Toys did Predators, and Alein Warrior, ED 209, Robocop and of course the Terminator Endo skeleton and of course the muscular bodies for Rocky and Clubber. I dont own enough and have not seen enough medicom stuff to fairly judge them on a whole.

I MEAN COME ON SOME ONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

READ THE SUPERMAN RETURNS SPOILER THREAD!!! AND YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!

Back