What movie or movies scared/impacted you the most EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JSAuctionService

Here's 3 for me:

Scariest - Salem's Lot seen on TV when I was 8 years old.
I still get chills thinking of Danny or Ralphie Glick scratching at
the window trying to get in.:eek :eek :thud :thud

I had a window like that at the foot of my bed. And stared
frozen for hours at it with the covers pulled up to my neck -
EVEN in the summertime. For several years.

Also, The Exorcist chills me too. The added "spider-walk" sequence
really shook me up, as it came from out of nowhere.

Most impact - Se7en
I saw this in the theater, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.
It is one of my favorites of all time, and still gets me every time.
What's in the box?:( :eek :jaw

JS:D

I would have to say the Exorcist freaked me out bad when I was a kid. Just like JS Salems lot was scarey too. As for Se7en I was in High School and me and friend of mine thought it would be good idea to sneak in a travler of Vodka. That was a bad idea:puke

Well a long long time ago, before any of you were born, I seen a B&W B grade movie, that I think was called 'The Vampire'. I recall it wasn't fancy in the least. No bats, rats, or capes. A vampire that was more like the wolfman, in that he just ran around in jeans and a shirt, changed into a vampire at night and back again in the morning. It was the way he ran around with his arms out doing a 'Brute Bernard'. Maybe thats why Brute Bernard had a similiar impact on me.

scariest movie(s)

There have been several:

-"THE HOWLING". There's a scene in an office were a woman is trapped by a werewolf, and eventually gets hold of her. In the next frame all you see are the womans legs and feet kicking away, then in the shadow, the werewolf puts the bite to her neck, and you watch as her kicking slows to a limp standstill. Still chilling to me to this day.

-"HALLOWEEN". When you finally figure out there's just no killing the 'boogieman', does the terror really begin to sink in.

-"NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD"(ORIGINAL). That scene in the basement of the farmhouse when that young boy comes back to 'life' after being bitten by one of the zombies, then attacks his mother with a hand spade still creeps me out.

-"ALIEN & ALIENS". Terrorific jolts and surprises. 'nuff said.

-"THE HAUNTING" (ORIGINAL). Not one ouch of blood or gore, but the implied terror was very effective! Don't watch alone.

-"WAIT UNTIL DARK". If you have seen this and say that ending didn't cause you to leap out of your chair, and, quite possibly put a skid mark in your undies - you are a lying SOB...

-"JURRASSIC PARK". Hoooly sheeeit! "Is this part of the tour?"

-"THE TINGLER" Classic Camp William Castle. My seat was one of the ones 'wired' in the theater. Maybe that's why...

-"13 GHOSTS" (ORIGINAL). Needed special glasses to 'see' the ghosts. Classic camp from William Castle. The scene where Marty Milner gets it, still creeps me out tho...&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

-"HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL", Again, another William Castle, and one of his best, about a group of people invited to spend a night in a haunted house for a large amount of money. Weell, you just know no one will make it...or will they?

-"SALEM'S LOT". There was plenty in that TV movie (w/David Soul) to keep you awake at night.

-"HELTER SKELTER". Another terrifying TV movie, and it was a true story. About Charles Manson and his whacked out clan who killed actress Sharon Tate and others in Hollywood, back in the early '70's. Fascinating show.

There's my list of 13...

RE: scariest movie(s)

When I was a kid I saw a movie called Trilogy of Terror on HBO. One of the stories had a voodoo doll or something that had the soul of a warrior in it. It came to life and terrorized a woman in her apartment. It sounds kind of stupid now but it scared the crap out of me back then.

Re: RE: scariest movie(s)

Not stupid at all! I'd forgoten about that one! That should be on my list too!
That vodoo doll warrior scared the heck out of me! The Teeth!:eek :eek

Thanks for reminding me about that one!

When I was about 8 years old or so, I was at home being babysitted by my older sister, and I watched the first half of Stephen King's "It". I was just fine and dandy until the part the kid(don't remember his name) was looking through the photo album, the pictures started coming to life, giving evil smiles and looking at him. Then he saw the clown, and blood started to just poor out of the book, scared the $#!* out of me. I had nightmares for a week or so.

Thats the only movie i can think of that ever really frightened me for longer than a couple of seconds. The only other time i've been scared like that was from reading, for some reason things are scarier when I read them.

As far as books, the only one that came close to scaring me was/is Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Alien is the only one that ever gave me nightmares :mwaha - and my father was the biggest Horror junkie ever. He was constantly bringing movies home with titles like "Monster Dog" and "Zombie 14."

There's just something about real "goo." A horror movie is just not good enough if it doesn't have real goo - yet another thing to love about Peter Jackson. Dead Alive is the only flick that ever made me actually feel like I was going to be sick. You just have to appreciate that in a movie.:bow

Scary!

Forrest Gump scared the crap outta me... Anything that bad getting all those Oscars... *shudders*

Re: Scary!

Double J!

Are you referring to The Haunting of Hill House? It's one of my favorites! Not too many people have seen it or remember it. That "hand holding" part...:eek Have you read the book??? It's short, but soooo good.

The Exorcist was the first movie to ever give me nightmares. That is another excellent book. Reading the spider walk scene will give you chills! We were so excited to finally see it on the big screen, with all the great extras. But I couldn't really enjoy it as much as I wanted, because so many people actually had brought their children. It was very distracting, and very disturbing. :(

My sister took me to see Halloween when it first came out. I was 11. I LOVED it. Sis couldn't take it- she kept trying to pull me out and leave. I wouldn't. I'd never seen anything so fun and scary in my life! When we got home... she kept telling Mom & Dad that I was gonna grow up to be a serial killer!!!

I thought the new Dawn of the Dead was pretty good with the effects and suspense...

Re: Scary!

I just remembered one!

The first time I saw LOTR! When Bilbo "turns" and lunges for the ring while he and Frodo are in Rivendell.

I jumped, and was shaking for 10-15 minutes afterwards in the theater.

Doesn't do that to me anymore, but the first time Freaked Me Out!:eek :eek :eek :eek

A couple:

The Exorcist
The Amityville Horror seires (freaked me out when I was kid)
Halloween first movie
Saloms Lot (had a couple scary parts but I also thought it was a pretty good show when I was kid.)

Holy Crap! What is this thread doing back around?? :google

I'm amazed - I thought this would've dropped off into the
abyss lonnnnnnnng ago. Pretty neat to see something so
old resurface to see the light of day again.

Throw out an answer folks!

JS :wave

Well I'm going to have to go for FOTR - the first film in history to make me spend thousands on its merchandise! If that's not a big impact, I don't know what is...

FE: :lol :lol :lol Good point, though, that a movie would/could start such a collecting frenzy and have us spend so much money!

My pick: "Alien", hands down. I saw this in the theater in 1979 at the age of 18, and to this day I can remember watching all those scary, intense, suspenseful moments as though I were STILL sitting in that movie theater chair.

Next would be "Star Wars" for sheer "gee whiz!" factor, and I saw this at the theater many, many, many times (17 times in fact) in its initial release in 1977 at age 16.

I guess third would be "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (released, I think, in 1981?) which I wasn't even going to see at the theater, and I talked a friend of mine into telling me what it was all about because I had NO plans to pay money to see it (I thought it looked "silly"). Then for some reason I DID go see it with another friend and then ended up going to this movie about 11 more times (must remember that all these movies came out pre-VHS, so the ONLY time to see them was when they were in the theaters). :dance

Wow.. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this ceminal horror classic... and certainly the one that scared the crap out of me as a kid... Jaws.

Now, i remember being in my kitchen after seeing it and being so scared that I literally thought a giant shark was going to break through the floor at any moment and devour me. Ever been in a pool alone by yourself? Ever have that inkling at the back of your mind that there could be a shark in the water? THAT is the power of Jaws. People stayed away from the beaches the summer it came out.. it taped into a primal human fear.. and was so effective.

Yes, Salems Lot scared the crap out of me as a kid also.

Nightmare On Elm Street scared the @#%$ out of me as a kid as did Friday The 13th.

The first movie that scared the @#%$ out of everyone in the theater when I was still a kid was "Phantasm" !!! All the seats were almost vacant before the movie even ended... :google

Back