VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Furiosa.jpg
    Furiosa.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 152
Looks great. But I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the Jin head came out nearly as small as the VTS head. But it only reads when you have her next to Max or some other figures.

Yeah, I didn't do a size comparison between the stock head and the Jin head, but the Jin head appears to be slightly out of scale. And of course, now that you said it, I can't un-see that everytime I look at this figure

Whoops, sorry.

The Jin head still looks tons better than the VTS head... the only way to make the VTS work is if you have mad painting skills.

I do not have mad painting skills nor the Jin head... so my figure sucks right now. :lol

I have three Max figures -- Mel Max, Hardy Max and Furiosa -- all in various stages of incompletion.

Whoops, sorry.

The Jin head still looks tons better than the VTS head... the only way to make the VTS work is if you have mad painting skills.

I do not have mad painting skills nor the Jin head... so my figure sucks right now. :lol

I have three Max figures -- Mel Max, Hardy Max and Furiosa -- all in various stages of incompletion.

You used the 17b right?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You used the 17b right?

Nope. The HT Wonder Woman body. The 'rubber' legs were too hard to get into the pants (although someone else did it) so I swapped for regular legs. Still need to wrap the thighs to get them a little thicker. Right now with WW's wide shoulders and those narrow legs she looks a bit too masculine.

Nope. The HT Wonder Woman body. The 'rubber' legs were too hard to get into the pants (although someone else did it) so I swapped for regular legs. Still need to wrap the thighs to get them a little thicker. Right now with WW's wide shoulders and those narrow legs she looks a bit too masculine.

Oh right...I am attempting the 17b.

Repaint the head also, but going with the Grease Forhead (cause I like the look, so should be too much work. I think the sculpt is mostly there.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Whoops, sorry.

Honestly I think I would still take the stock VTS head over the Jin myself, as I'm just not seeing much of a likeness there. And even if you didn't want to do a full repaint, you could still improve that one quite a bit simply by adding the black grease paint, as many others here did.

I'm still hoping for a Charlize sculpt that is larger and has a bit more of her determined look. I might be waiting quite a long time. :lol

Neither the VTS nor the Jin head are quite large enough for the Wonder Woman body.

That's the VTS head? Looks good there. The right angles and it doesn't look so small.

I still want a new, larger Charlize head. Until then, she's in the back of a very long line of customs I want to finally finish.

That's the VTS head? Looks good there. The right angles and it doesn't look so small.

I still want a new, larger Charlize head. Until then, she's in the back of a very long line of customs I want to finally finish.
It is indeed VTS!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I sliced the skin with an exacto, making sure I left some overlap, and then took wire cutters to the metal skeleton.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks friend. Any suggestion for wire cutters?

Thanks
If you can one hand it all, probably smaller bolt cutters. I used a small pair of wire cutters and it kind of broke the skeleton up into her bicep. I probably didn't use enough force though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back