The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Spoiler Spoiler:
:goodpost: That is something I really liked about the movie, the way his movements were very spider like, unlike the raimi films.
Overall, this one outdid the others IMO. I loved it. 10/10

More me the flying sequences in ASM was an amalgamation of all of my favourite artists work. Nearly every epic pose was shown during one of the scenes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great review by Mark Kermode.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkO_St8nneY[/ame]

Because it's a differant time in comic movies, post TDK, post Avengers, and people seem to be saying they don't see why we need a reboot as their opening line, telling me they don't even realise the reason is your beloved Raimi purposely submarined the last movie.

Distancing themselves from that garbage they wanted to tell a new origin, and most people are tired of origins. This is every bit as good a job rebooting as BB.

You keep saying that. But it's reading less and less like a jab at people who still like the movies, and more and more like you're trying to convince yourself not to go dig in your trash. :lol

Mark has not taken the importance of the Gwen Stacy arc into account. But its a reasonable summation.

Well what Gwen's dad said to Peter at the end is a clear indication that she may die in future movies. Anybody else think lizard looked adorable when he was holding that bag ? Lol he looked like a puppy and I felt sorry when he was getting shot at .

monk1.gif

Being sarcastic or serious? :monkey2

For serious. By the time I walked out, I felt like the whole city should know who spiderman is by now.

Well what Gwen's dad said to Peter at the end is a clear indication that she may die in future movies. Anybody else think lizard looked adorable when he was holding that bag ? Lol he looked like a puppy and I felt sorry when he was getting shot at .

i said that a few pages back Webb have gone on to say on a radio station that they might tell the tragic story of gwen stacy:dunno

Without seeing the new film, I don't get why people are bashing the Raimi original. On the whole, it's faithful to the early Ditko/Lee comics, has a good blend of drama, heart and humor, and IMO is just as entertaining today as it was ten years ago. It isn't perfect comic book film (unlike its sequel), and sure the CGI isn't the greatest, but I feel the film itself still beats Captain America and is as good as Thor.

Or is it because comic nerds want something new and shiny, so all of a sudden the originals are trash? Reminds me of when Batman Begins came out. Now that Nolan is wrapping up his series, the Burton films are rising in the appreciation they always deserved. I'm sure the same will happen to Raimi's first two.

I'm in line for this now. I've waited much too long already. I'll weigh in my review soon! :rock

Or is it because hipsters want something new and shiny, so all of a sudden the originals are trash? Reminds me of when Batman Begins came out. Now that Nolan is wrapping up his series, the Burton films are rising in the appreciation they always deserved. I'm sure the same will happen to Raimi's first two.

Fixed for accuracy, and...

picture.php

Sad thing is, they should actually be thanking Raimi. Without his contribution to Spider-Man in film, this never would've happened in the first place.

The lizard was meh... mainly design wise. Also no need to be so large. Would have been just as effective the size of a normal human.

BUT - Spidey was spot on! Sense of humor, spider-sense was done well, Ben and May, Spidey's motivation as a character - all intact and well done.

Above all - he just moved like Spider-Man would. I loved it and and look fwd to more.

Liked the nod to the wrestling part of the origin.

And I loved the first two Rami films.

The lizard was meh... mainly design wise. Also no need to be so large. Would have been just as effective the size of a normal human.

BUT - Spidey was spot on! Sense of humor, spider-sense was done well, Ben and May, Spidey's motivation as a character - all intact and well done.

Above all - he just moved like Spider-Man would. I loved it and and look fwd to more.

Liked the nod to the wrestling part of the origin.

And I loved the first two Rami films.

Agree 100%.

The best part of the Lizard to me was his plan. It just reminded me of what comics USED to be. Before everything was on a cosmic level. This reminded me of an episode of Spiderman and his Amazing Friends plot. Ha loved it.

Without seeing the new film, I don't get why people are bashing the Raimi original. On the whole, it's faithful to the early Ditko/Lee comics, has a good blend of drama, heart and humor, and IMO is just as entertaining today as it was ten years ago. It isn't perfect comic book film (unlike its sequel), and sure the CGI isn't the greatest, but I feel the film itself still beats Captain America and is as good as Thor.

Or is it because comic nerds want something new and shiny, so all of a sudden the originals are trash? Reminds me of when Batman Begins came out. Now that Nolan is wrapping up his series, the Burton films are rising in the appreciation they always deserved. I'm sure the same will happen to Raimi's first two.

this guy gets it. This is exactly how I feel. A+ post.

____ this movie. I saw it. I thought it was meh. Made me want to choke up thinking of the emotional scenes in Raimi's films as I watched this shallow based entertainment reconfigured for "da hip new generation." The way people are acting with this "OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW" makes me want to like it less than I did.

The guy posting about "plot structure" clearly doesn't know anything about screenwriting or crafting a narrative.

Back