1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

I don't understand why so many people don't like this one. yes he is overpriced and should be more like 175. I personally like the suit because all the others didn't look classic to me this one came close and medicom's entire outfit was vinyl and the figure was brittle (god i hate medicom and their easy to break figures). I hated the 1st release due to costume. Im sure he will look great next to my Black Cat since i am doing SA/BA Black Cat.

I went ahead and preordered this. Looks great, wait is short, and I don't have a red and blue spidey so I've been waiting for this!

$240? Ouch. Damn this hobby is getting expensive. I've always wanted a good Spidey, but I may hold off for a little while longer.

God, I just read all of those with sean long voice over in my head....
Sean Long really is quite known and disliked here isn't he? :lol

Glad so many people seem to hate the accessories. Should mean there's plenty to be had once the figure starts shipping. :D

Some people around here act like reviewers are the devil or something it's kind of ridiculous.

Pre ordered with a UK based retailer this morning, no official price yet but expecting £175???ish
Just came back from watching it at my local cinema (in 3D & Dbox :clap) I absolutely loved the film, thought it was great! Nice improvement on the first, which I also really liked.
Definitely glad I PO'd :) there's no spidey in my collection so he'll be a great addition.
I personally love the accessories & when I saw them used in the film I chuckled to myself.

Glad so many people seem to hate the accessories. Should mean there's plenty to be had once the figure starts shipping. :D

I might be in the minority, but if I end up buying this, Spidey is being posed with all that on. He looks too cool like that.

I might be in the minority, but if I end up buying this, Spidey is being posed with all that on. He looks too cool like that.

I agree I think it looks cool, especially now that I've seen the seen with him wearing it! ;)
I think it makes the figure look a bit more unique

Spidey with his winter get up and mic posed next to a suited up Wolverine, the Mechanic and Cap in his civies. It'll look ridiculous....I can't wait.

Spidey with his winter get up and mic posed next to a suited up Wolverine, the Mechanic and Cap in his civies. It'll look ridiculous....I can't wait.

It's because he has a cold rather than it being for winter.

240 is ridiculous. I like him but way overpriced for this figure- despite a couple pieces of clothing thrown in.

Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

God, I just read all of those with sean long voice over in my head....
:goodpost: :goodpost: :lol

I wouldn't say I dislike him, I do watch his reciews but his voice is pretty memorable lol

Now that you mention it, I think I should wait for him to review this

Having really enjoyed the first film and having seen this one yesterday, I'm very, very torn on which to buy.
I much prefer the look of this suit, as it for me is much closer to the Spiderman I grew up with a young lad, but I'm not keen on the mixed media used in the design of the suit and like the material of the ASM1 suit much more, plus, despite loving the accessories, I like that the original comes with a Peter Parker head. Anyone fancy helping me out with this? I rarely have trouble making these kinds of choices, but I'm awfully torn.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :lol

I wouldn't say I dislike him, I do watch his reciews but his voice is pretty memorable lol

Now that you mention it, I think I should wait for him to review this

Why wait for his review? All he’s going to say is “THIS THING IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!”

His reviews are good to check out the articulation though. Clipperking is a far better reviewer in my opinion.

Why wait for his review? All he’s going to say is “THIS THING IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!”

His reviews are good to check out the articulation though. Clipperking is a far better reviewer in my opinion.

:lol

Sean just goes overboard and I use his reviews to see the suit in all sorta of different angles and poses

I'll take the dangerous route of not pre-ordering this and wait for this to come out first before buying at the risk of getting it a higher price if this ends up really nice and sought-after.

It would be painful though if HT decides to make just one Spidey figure from this film and that one figure would be this, with no changes at all, and then suddenly the guys behind the movies decide that Spidey should get another costume for the 3rd movie -- a costume that might not be as iconic as this one.

:lol

Sean just goes overboard and I use his reviews to see the suit in all sorta of different angles and poses

Same here, he does a good job at getting every little detail on the camera.

Back